Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Secrets To Be Revealed This Weekend

Simbi Laveau

Fact - There have been millions of different species on our planet.

Fact - We know of only one intelligent species out of those millions, humans.

Fact - Statistically, based on above facts, if we discover a planet with life forms they are more likely to be uninteligent.

Fact - Someone saying in a film that aliens exist is not a fact, proof or evidence. It is hersey.

MacGuffin, I was a believer, however the shear wieght of statistics and logical thought have brought me to the belief that we are not and likely never have been visited by aliens. I admit there are a few anomolies, such as the Dogan tribes knowlege of stars they should know nothing about, but placed on a scale these anomolies are far outwieghed by by what can be proved.

I think there are far more intelligent species than just 'humans'. Technologically advanced maybe limited to just humans however, one may argue that you can never have more than one advanced species. The evolutionary process always limits any number of species to just one superior,does it not?.

Also I think there is a distinct difference between finding life and life finding us...the second option by default would eliminate the possibility of that said life not being intelligent.

• Like 1

I don't agree with the possibility that we are the only intelligent life. And there may very well be civilizations more advanced than ours. But I feel the main obstacle to our ever meeting with other civilizations is probably not distance, likely it's time. Who knows? Aliens may have visited earth when we were protoplasmic amoebas on the evolutionary scale, or they may come here and discover us through archeological digs. The same thing may happen when and if we go to thier planets. The chances of both advanced civilizations existing at the same time and withing traveling distance of each other is very slim. To the best of our knowlege the universe is something like 14 billion(?) years old and our solar system is only 4 billion. our planet has probably been able to support life such as ours for less than half of that. our advanced civilization has only existed since the steam engine so around 150 years? Supposedly due to our own use the planet we are ensuring our own extinction or possibly the collapse of our infrastructure due to extensive flooding and projected mass famine. So many obstacles to overcome. Aliens coming here capable of assisting us out of this rough period is fantasy at best and a new religion at worst.

I don't agree with the possibility that we are the only intelligent life. And there may very well be civilizations more advanced than ours. But I feel the main obstacle to our ever meeting with other civilizations is probably not distance, likely it's time. Who knows? Aliens may have visited earth when we were protoplasmic amoebas on the evolutionary scale, or they may come here and discover us through archeological digs. The same thing may happen when and if we go to thier planets. The chances of both advanced civilizations existing at the same time and withing traveling distance of each other is very slim. To the best of our knowlege the universe is something like 14 billion(?) years old and our solar system is only 4 billion. our planet has probably been able to support life such as ours for less than half of that. our advanced civilization has only existed since the steam engine so around 150 years? Supposedly due to our own use the planet we are ensuring our own extinction or possibly the collapse of our infrastructure due to extensive flooding and projected mass famine. So many obstacles to overcome. Aliens coming here capable of assisting us out of this rough period is fantasy at best and a new religion at worst.

I do see the points you make. I would however also argue that the majority of the above depends heavily on the rate of evolution experienced here on earth, I can imagine there are many factors that would speed up/slow down the process. Also the 150 years versus 14billion is an obviously small window....however if you say we stay advanced and survive for 30billion more years then at this point the universe would be at 44billion versus 30 billion, as you can see it is now changed the probability substantially.

I think there are far more intelligent species than just 'humans'. Technologically advanced maybe limited to just humans however, one may argue that you can never have more than one advanced species. The evolutionary process always limits any number of species to just one superior,does it not?.

Also I think there is a distinct difference between finding life and life finding us...the second option by default would eliminate the possibility of that said life not being intelligent.

Depending on how far advanced they are, we might have been "discovered" long, long ago. At a certain level, just about anything we can imagine may well be possible.

Definately.

Nick Pope only worked a short time in that job with the MOD. Never understood why a young guy like him would quit a good career job like that...unless he's actually still on their payroll and now working for them as a paid disinformationist.

It wouldn't surprise me.

you, sir, are echoing my eact sentiments on one Nick Pope.

WHY????

I suspect he may be working for MOD in *slowly* letting out the actual truth, as opposed to being a misinformation diseminator.

And the US is doing siilar things with former astronauts, a former worker at Area 51 that swears she saw bodies.

very suspicious, if you ask me.

• Like 1

Its all in your dreams ~ :no: E.T will be the First on to Let us Know they are Real !

• Like 2