Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A vivid dream creature

mystic_chill

Hello everyone. I just signed on to become a member of this board even though I have frequent this forum several times in the past. Alot of intriguing material on these boards for sure. I want to share an experience that happened to me when I was around 3-4 years of age. It occurred in a dream that was very vivid. I used to live with my Mother, Father, older and younger brother on 225th street in the bronx on the west side for many years from 1982-1993. In this dream, My dad was taking my older brother and I (younger brother was not born yet) fishing and we were on the corner of 225th street waiting for the bus to pick us up. Around the time the actual area where that bus stop is til this day was abandon with close down stores and empty lots (a common sight in the 80's NYC). In the dream there was a movie theater behind the bus stop that was badly burnt down (In real life it was an abandon KFC).

So as we waited for the bus, I decided to wander off because for some reason, I was interested to see what was inside the theater. As I did so, my dad warned me to return to them because the bus was coming and they would leave without me if I didn't. You know the common scare tatic parents often pull on their kids when they wander off. I ignored him and continued on through what I remember was a shattered glass door entrance that I just crawed through and went on in. I remember popcorn being scattered all over a carpet and glass shattered everywhere. The next thing I remember was entering an auditorium where it had a screen playing a blank image of light. The room was dark but I could make out the silhouette of burnt bodies sitting scattered throughout the theater as I walked down the aisle, thanks to the light projected from the screen. Suddenly one of the emergency exit doors from the end of the aisle swung open and something emerged. It was a creature with long arms. I honestly dont remember much any other details of this entity other than it's arms and being terrified of it. Suddenly I was being chased by this thing and I ran back to the bus stop where my dad was but he and my brother were gone. I ran around the theater trying to lose it but I was shoved down and I woke up.

Next thing that happens, the closet at the foot of my bed opens slowly and out comes the same creature with long arms. It was carrying a fire truck toy that I had at the time and it walked toward me as I screamed for my parents. It was extending the truck toward me. My mom and dad came shortly and flicked on the light. I dont remember what happened but the thing was gone by the time my parents was in the room. They took me to their room for the rest of that night and I was so worried for my brother who was in the room alone. The encounter I had with this dream creature while I was in my room is very sketchy today because I am now 30 and I really dont recall every last detail of the event, but I know that something happened to me that night. My mom only recently told me a strange story which happened to her in that same room several years later when my little brother had already been born and the rooms were changed (We siblings had our parents original room and they took the room where the dream occurred). One night my mom says she was laying in bed not quite asleep when she felt something crawl on the foot of her bed, move up besides her and wrapped an arm around her waist. She explained that she was frozen and did not know who had laid next to her because it didnt feel like any of us and my dad was out the house at the time. She explained that she held herself there until she dozed off. She woke the next morning to an empty bed.

I really wish I knew more of what any of this could be. The experience I had, although I was very young, is one that I can never forget. I have told my relatives and few friends of the dream several times throughout my childhood, teen and adult years. My mother's story only convinces me further that there could have been something very unusual about that room. But after all those years I have never had a second event take place in that apartment other than having a cat that seemed to behave very unusual at times. I really wish I can remember more details on what it was I saw, and I honestly want a second chance to confront it.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystic_chill

• Ever Learning

• DKO

• Professor T

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreams can be very vivid at times. Honestly I wouldn't think too much about it - a dream is after all a dream :) Also do you mind if you elaborate more on the weird feelings you get and the cat behaving strangely? Your weird feeling about the room could be just your thinking too much due to that dream. Just saying.

Just to be clear Apopo, we no longer live in that apartment. The cat has passed away long ago and I was 5 when we lost him. I remember he used to sit outside the hallway of the room late at night and attack anyone who would pass by. I never had issues with Noodles (the cat) but my other relatives always had difficulty getting to the bathroom without getting scratched by him in the middle of the night. He just sat in that hallway.

Edited by mystic_chill

Hi mystic_chill.

I would suggest moving this thread to the Dreams & consiousness thread..

Just report it & ask a moderator to move it.

Welcome to UM.

Interesting but this could be a dream with in a dream, false awakenings always happen to dreamers but that depends on how much you remember of the transition between seeing the creature and then seeing your parents. your mothers experience sounds like sleep paralysis.

I had a friend who thought he was being haunted and decided to put talcum powder all over the floor to see if any one came into his room when he was asleep. when he woke up in the morning he saw big boot prints loads bigger than his British size 11 feet coming from his cupboard to his bed.

You can't trust a dream, especially if you were 3 or 4 years old. I can't trust some memories from when I was 10 and awake.

Hi mystic_chill.

I would suggest moving this thread to the Dreams & consiousness thread..

Just report it & ask a moderator to move it.

Welcome to UM.

Thread moved