Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Libyan people storm Embassy attackers base

None of the above

Reports say at least ten died when Police and civilian demonstrators decided to forcibly expell those thought to be responsible for the US embassy murders.

The militia suspected of killing the US ambassador to Libya nearly two weeks ago has been driven out of its base in the eastern city of Benghazi.

Police and protesters stormed the HQ of the Islamist group Ansar al-Sharia.

The HQ of the Sahaty Brigade, said to have official backing, was also stormed. At least nine people were killed there, another died elsewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-19680785

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 1

Go Libya!

Absolutely.

With so much of the media concentrating on the anti-usa protests, it's nice to see these stories emerging that show quite clearly that despite what some would have us believe, there is much more to this situation.

Ten people died to throw these Islamist militias out of Benghazi. The people of Libya want democracy and justice.

• Like 2

:clap: Yes!! Good for them. Throw the bums out.
  • Like 1

:clap: Yes!! Good for them. Throw the bums out.

It's all owver the news channels at the moment. Lots of video of the 'base' before. It looks seriously defended. They were brave to take it on. Tragic that some were killed.

• Like 1

I salute the people of Libya. No one has the right to attempt to rule others by terror. It saddens me that some were killed, but freedom always seems to come with a price. Like I said on another thread, the terrorists are a minority and eventually the majority of people will rise up and stand against them.

Way to go Libya!

• Like 2

They want a real change, good for them. They know they have to do something or it will never stop.

• Like 1

They want a real change, good for them. They know they have to do something or it will never stop.

Absolutely, They need to be their own masters and not be dictated to by the religious fanatics, the foreign influences or the old hatreds. It needs to be a fresh start and stopping extremist groups getting a foothold now is supremely important.

Also the co-opperation between the local police and the people is a good sign.

• 4 weeks later...

Emails show White House knew 2 hours after Benghazi attack that militant group claimed responsibility

So apparently a terrorist group wanted to take credit, to which Obama replied ... you didn't build that ...

(ba-dum-tiss)

The terrorists must have been p***ed when tried to brag that they planned the attack, but nobody would believe them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So can we safely say that the America has given it's approval to Obama's handling of Benghazi? We've given the go-ahead for more lies, more cover-ups in the future? Are you all out of your minds? What's going to happen if we have another 9/11, and you are left with this spineless weasel in charge? How will he respond? More lies, more spin, more finger-pointing? A state department full of incompetent butt-kissers shifting blame upon each other?

Edited by Vein Capital

I'm guessing people were more worried about about their own country than they did about a foreign matter that is still under investigation.

So can we safely say that the America has given it's approval to Obama's handling of Benghazi? We've given the go-ahead for more lies, more cover-ups in the future? Are you all out of your minds? What's going to happen if we have another 9/11, and you are left with this spineless weasel in charge? How will he respond? More lies, more spin, more finger-pointing? A state department full of incompetent butt-kissers shifting blame upon each other?

don't hold back VC....tell us what you really think.... ^_^

we will never know how Romney would have reacted and dealt with it all...had HE been president at the time.

but the president isn't all powerful, is he...he is just the figurehead of his whole political team? Relying on the advice

from special interest groups, like the military etc.

I said myself somewhere on a thread about this Benghazi attack...that it looked like Chris Stevens and the others had been

hung out to dry. I don't approve. But I'm not the one who actually has to deal with this kind of situation, in real time.

And neither are you....so we both have that luxury.