Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do people not research before replying?

Sakari

realistically there is no way i'm going to read through hundreds of pages on a topic in order to post on it. sometimes the topic gets changed, morphed into other arguments etc. and the OP isn't even being addressed anymore lol

other times i will respond to a particular post and don't feel i need to know what every other person said before i do that

But you are good at that. You do not miss a " solved " claim, or question.Plus you are cool, a pleasure to have a discussion with, and obviously very intelligent. And, in my mind, you are wearing a bikini on a beach when replying to me...... :devil:

That is what drives us nuts, someone replies with a 100% answer ( sewage monster example ) and it gets missed for 3 pages. ( even when has been re-posted )

I do think a lot of people do not realize there is a " next page ".......And it is very obvious a lot of people just read the OP's first post to the topic, skip over any replies, and reply to it. Wether it has 5 replies or 100, that is just lazy.

• Like 1

But you are good at that. You do not miss a " solved " claim, or question.Plus you are cool, a pleasure to have a discussion with, and obviously very intelligent. And, in my mind, you are wearing a bikini on a beach when replying to me...... :devil:

That is what drives us nuts, someone replies with a 100% answer ( sewage monster example ) and it gets missed for 3 pages. ( even when has been re-posted )

I do think a lot of people do not realize there is a " next page ".......And it is very obvious a lot of people just read the OP's first post to the topic, skip over any replies, and reply to it. Wether it has 5 replies or 100, that is just lazy.

point taken...and thanks for the compliments - but just so ya know i'm really in my old flannel pjs lol

Some posters know more about the topic....or every topic...than is available for research. They know more than the experts. Some of them know more about YOU than you yourself even know. You might have to consult them just to see if you're real.

• Like 2

Some posters know more about the topic....or every topic...than is available for research. They know more than the experts. Some of them know more about YOU than you yourself even know. You might have to consult them just to see if you're real.

This is sarcasm ......... right?

• Like 1

I don't know. I'd have to find one of those know-it-all posters and have them tell me what I mean.

• Like 2

Sounds like you should be asking " them ", and not the mule..... :blush:

Edit : I was right, the Mule beat me to it :)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

On the next format change, the " page numbers " that show how many pages there are for a topic need to be very large, and have instructions of what they mean under and above them...

Or maybe, one can not reply until seeing all of the replies?....Like a slide show?

:tu:

I just spent the last while reading all 54 previous posts before making this reply.Everyone's comments, to me, were well thought out and valid. There were no arguments. It was a completely civil discourse and provided some members with insight into a side of things they hadn't yet considered.It was a refreshing pleasure to read actually. :)

• Like 2

A question I often ask is...why do people not READ before they reply?!

They/we see something which excites them/us and we want to get our thought out about it as quickly as possible. That's all. Totally understandable.

• Like 2

They/we see something which excites them/us and we want to get our thought out about it as quickly as possible. That's all. Totally understandable.

Understandable yes I agree, but not completely able to take in the whole topic and views. You read the threads don't you, I can tell by your answers, or am I wrong?

No, I usually don't, at first response. I rarely get past the first post.

It's called ignorance and stupidity, a very common trait here on th eplant earth.

Ah ........ someone who has read nothing more than the title of this thread! :lol: (You confused me for a nano-second with your mention of elephant earth .... )

• Like 1

What makes people so positive about things, and so defensive, if they have not even spent a small amount of time to look for facts, or lies?..

Some people, sometimes, believe what they want to believe, aka self-delusion.