Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Giants of ancient egypt are fact

egyptian lad

Actually Santa Claus,Father Christmas or St Nicholas came from Asia Minor (modern day Turkey) in the 4th century..

That's when you go further back, to the origin of the name only, not the person..

And as far as I know there are not many reindeer in Turkey.

By logic: if you are a king or queen in your country, you would make a statues by different people and say its your statues?

I may give you an example, of ex president of egypt Mubarak:

Mubarak statues were made to represent himself..................NOT OTHER PEOPLE!

post-132711-0-41906800-1348509247_thumb.

But King Tut according to the hypocrite archaeologist, King tut had many various statues representing him, these statues were not for one person but multi different people, So why this contradictions?

Have we got a brain???? sorry for saying, Its idiotic people who would say these statues were figurative, why shall a king leave figurative statues, while he was about glory and to be memorized like his own lookings over history, So some people and next generation would come and say : This is king tut.......His features must be all ONE and Unique!

King tut statues were for different people, Not one king:

post-132711-0-70220800-1348509523_thumb.

Its not only king tut whose his statues were for different people, Most pharaoh kings and queens alike

King ramses III has many various statues represent him, they hold different people lookings.

King akhenaton also has many various statues.

King thutmosis III also

queen hatshepsut aso has many various statues.

And there are kings and queens from the grandparents who dont have statues at all, They forgot to memorize themselves and archaeologists put probability on some other statues that it was for and for.

All fabrication was made in this history, If you want to discuss egyptology.......Bring contradictions and questions on the table

I may add the statues in ancient egypt too were not public figure like freedom liberity in usa, the statues were meant to represnt the kings and queens and their lookings.

Your argument has little merit logically or artistically.

Of the 8 images presented, 4 are from tut's actual tomb. 1 and 2 are his funerary mask and sarcophagus respectively. One was found inside the other. 4 and 6 are from his funerary temple at Luxor. (Egypt, not Las Vegas, and later effaced and claimed by Horemheb BTW) 8 is a modern reconstruction of his face and 7 is his freaking mummy. Of these, 1, 2, 4 and 6 are not that different from each other.

As Cormac said, there's considerable leeway in how different artists interpret their subject. In early medieval portraiture for example most of those barely even looked like more than a cartoon of the person. Features also vary according to the age of the subject at the time the work was made.

For both points, let's take portrayals of George Washington:

http://www.thefedera...on_portrait.jpg

http://gwpapers.virginia.edu/maps/portraits/images/trumbull.jpg

http://presidentgeor...hanportrait.jpg

http://www.history.c...ait-gilbert.jpg

http://www.wikigalle...0/painting1.jpg

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:George_Washington_by_William_Dunlap_1783.jpg

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/hb/hb_24.109.81.jpg

http://www.nps.gov/adam/images/20071211160556.jpg

We already know there's a phase shift between classical to Amarna styles artistically during Tut's reign as well, which only adds to the differences.

The problem with you guys, u believe the archaeologists and egyptologists blindly

The mummification so called science actually never existed in ancient egypt or world wide.

Mummies were saved by Nature or god.

Some bacteria and heat,coldness,soil factors can save the dead bodies of some people unrotten with flesh

The british early archaeologists took some saved dead bodies of some people from different ages and put them into the pharaohs coffins and sarcophaguses, to create FAKE LEGEND and cheat over history that people had mummification science in the ancient times.

If you open the tombs and graves of modern people, You would find some saved dead bodies of modern people like what we call mummies.

I remember in my own city, news spread over dead guy who was buried in 1974, by the 90s people opened his tomb to put his dead father with him, they got shock and surprise by his saved body unrotten, they called the police called to come, the police rushed to surround the place of tombs and didnt allow any person to know what happen.

Of course, supersition was previaled in the city that this guy is angelic and connected to God and so.

Briefly, Some dead bodies of people be saved by nature or soil factors.

In ancient egypt: There is no record for mummifaction science.

The mad egyptologists suggested by depicted arts of Anubis the Dog God, god of afterlife and his check to the dead people in the coffin, That was mummification work.

Anubis the dog god and his check to the dead:

post-132711-0-84803900-1348513492_thumb.

Is that mean a mummification??? No its rather a blessing spiritual action Not mummification.

As i said the early british archaeologists took some unrotten dead bodies for anonymous guys and put them in the coffin of pharaohs to claim it was king so and king so.

They created a myth.

Even now by their lies, they say: that stomach of mummies were brought out in some cups

SOME cheaters!

You may know mummies or unrotten dead bodies were found world wide, Not only egypt.

In mexico,persu,eithiopia,iran,china,north america,some european countries,egypt

Its all nature work, including the ones in egypt.

when i discuss with many guys about giants subject, they would say to me" the pharaohs had sciences of mummification, so u think they were unable to lift those large stones".

The poor guys dont know that mummification was actually a mythy and one of biggest lies that archaeologists created over ancient egypt.

You also would find, The coffin face is different than the mummy facial features because those mummies were anonymous, not bodies of kings.

So these archeologists manufactured all those scores of human-sized sarcophagi and other artifacts as well? Tore the pyramids and tombs apart to get them in, did they? Speaking of which, those ancient Egyptian giants must've really had to duck to get in there.

I suppose the fact that all but the earliest mummys are saturated with natron and preservative spices is a coincidence too.

And, that modern preservation you speak of? That's by saponification, not mummification. Completely different mechanism.

Us, blind? You believe the lies of the mystery-pushers and eat them up like so much sweet pap without even a moment's pause to question.

• Like 3

The OP Reminds Me Of Myself When I First Started Reading About Alternative History And Ancient Mysteries.. I Was Also Sooo Enthusiastic About Things Like That, And Thought Everything I Read Was A Plausible Truth .. So I Can't Blame Him For Defending His Points Of View ..

However, One Must Dig Way Deeper And Read And Study Way More To Be Able To Separate Speculations And Wishful Thinking From The Facts And Truth ..

So I Wouldn't Worry Much, After Some More Studying, He Will Get There :)

• Like 1

Is herodotus a god to believe him?

Maybe some guys added words to his note?

You actually make a herodotus a god of egyptology, because he was dishonest guy, he didnt write anything about the giants too.

No Herodotus was not a god of Egyptology but that's not surprising when you consider there has never been such a thing as a god of Egyptology. Herodotus went to Egypt and wrote about what he saw and was told and while not everything he wrote is true, his account of the process is close enough to what we know about the process to be taken as valid.

If you believe his words were altered please show where his and any other sources that describe the process in a similar way were altered

Perhaps he didn't write about giants because there were no giants to write about.

The existence of giants is found on portraits.........The huge tools that left too........the skeletons they hide.

Some guys say that ancient egyptians would write about their giantess, LOL it was their nature....would they say we were giants or something like that? they already put the giant portraits for next generations to understand how people were alike in the past.

My theory is on some of the paintings they were important people and as such painted larger to indicate that. This is by no means a fact and someone with more knowledge of Egypt could perhaps answer that.

Plus, as i read before:

Some hieroglyphic quotes are left like " The power of one builder of pyramids = power of 1000 men"

That's reference for a giant humans of 12 meter tall for example?

That is called hyperbole. If it's facts you're interested in read up on the square-cube law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law

If an animal were scaled up by a considerable amount, its relative muscular strength would be severely reduced, since the cross section of its muscles would increase by the square of the scaling factor while its mass would increase by the cube of the scaling factor. As a result of this, cardiovascular and respiratory functions would be severely burdened.

What that means is that a man 12 meters tall would have to use most of his strength just to stand and wouldn't have enough strength left to lift the pyramid blocks into place.

• Like 2

The only bones of 'giants' ever REALLY found were those of Homo Heidelbergensis in South Africa. According to the paleontologist who found and investigated them, these guys were on average 7 feet tall. But that was many hundreds of thousands of years ago.

+++++

EDIT:

Interview with professor Lee Berger, University of Witwatersrand:

http://www.thenakeds.../interview/833/

According to Professor Lee R. Berger of the University of Witwatersrand, numerous fossil bones indicate some populations of Heidelbergensis were "giants" routinely over 2.13 m (7 ft) tall and inhabited South Africa between 500,000 and 300,000 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia....heidelbergensis

Not so.

http://otherworldmystery.com/ancient-red-haired-giants-in-lovelock-nevada-usa

The red-haired giants of Nevada were quite real. I first saw this on Ancient Aliens and wondered, HOW can these skulls exist and archelogoists not really tout it, but that certainly is the case. They exist.

the entire skeletal remmians of many such creatures were found in the exact cave that local Paiute Indians said they were.

the entire community of those cratures were killed by the Paiutes and their bodies lied there until local farmers went into the cave to tke the guano from it. The farmers removed the skeletonsand disposed of them, however, several skulls remain today at a local museum.

Take a look at the jaw bone. I saw that skull - or one similar to it, comapred to a normall human skull. the jaw bone is probably three times the thickness of a human jaw bone. these giants were alleged to have been 7 feet tall. all had red hair.

there are also giant bones found throughout various parts of South America,.

In fact, Mayan legend and ruler, Lord Pacal was a giant, an oddly enough was white skinned.

But all that proof mysteriously disappeared...

And then we have that South African professor with his 7+ feet tall Homo Heidelbergensis.

Maybe that proof will be lost soon too?

I doubt it.

+++++

EDIT:

You consider "Ancient Aliens" a reliable source of information?

"Take a look at the jaw bone. I saw that skull - or one similar to it"

You saw it in a museum?

Edited by Abramelin

And here he is, Ramses the 'Giant' :

ramesses-ii-mummy2.jpg?w=197&h=300

You would think that as Pharaoh he would have had more to eat or perhaps he was on a strict diet. :)

Not so.

http://otherworldmys...lock-nevada-usa

The red-haired giants of Nevada were quite real. I first saw this on Ancient Aliens and wondered, HOW can these skulls exist and archelogoists not really tout it, but that certainly is the case. They exist.

the entire skeletal remmians of many such creatures were found in the exact cave that local Paiute Indians said they were.

the entire community of those cratures were killed by the Paiutes and their bodies lied there until local farmers went into the cave to tke the guano from it. The farmers removed the skeletonsand disposed of them, however, several skulls remain today at a local museum.

Take a look at the jaw bone. I saw that skull - or one similar to it, comapred to a normall human skull. the jaw bone is probably three times the thickness of a human jaw bone. these giants were alleged to have been 7 feet tall. all had red hair.

there are also giant bones found throughout various parts of South America,.

In fact, Mayan legend and ruler, Lord Pacal was a giant, an oddly enough was white skinned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah

You would think that as Pharaoh he would have had more to eat or perhaps he was on a strict diet. :)

It's all a conspiracy, and you know it....

They just dumped the corpse of some old emaciated guy into a tomb, and then pretended it was good ol' Ramses.

You can't trust anyone these days. These damn scientists are all only out to prove the Bible and other mythical accounts are just that: myths.

We can't have that, right?

Edited by Abramelin

And here he is, Ramses the 'Giant' :

ramesses-ii-mummy2.jpg?w=197&h=300

There's a slight problem there Abramelin. The picture you show is of Ramesses II (the Great). Here is a picture of Ramesses III:

post-74391-0-31801000-1348602015_thumb.p

cormac

• Like 1

The OP Reminds Me Of Myself When I First Started Reading About Alternative History And Ancient Mysteries.. I Was Also Sooo Enthusiastic About Things Like That, And Thought Everything I Read Was A Plausible Truth .. So I Can't Blame Him For Defending His Points Of View ..

However, One Must Dig Way Deeper And Read And Study Way More To Be Able To Separate Speculations And Wishful Thinking From The Facts And Truth ..

So I Wouldn't Worry Much, After Some More Studying, He Will Get There :)

You are pretty patronising for someone who types by giving every single word a capital letter. Perhaps after more studying, you will get there...

There's a slight problem there Abramelin. The picture you show is of Ramesses II (the Great). Here is a picture of Ramesses III:

post-74391-0-31801000-1348602015_thumb.p

cormac

OK, so I posted a pic of a Ramses the Not That Great.

Lol.

Those damn mummies all look alike.

Edited by Abramelin

OK, so I posted a pic of a Ramses the Not That Great.

Lol.

Those damn mummies all look alike.

Sounds like a good start for the next Monty Python movie. :D

cormac

• Like 2

Sounds like a good start for the next Monty Python movie. :D

cormac

I will send an email to John Cleese and to Michael Palin.

But wouldn't it be great if one of them showed up here?

Oh great. Another person who knows nothing about Ancient Egypt. I can just hear kmt_sesh pulling the last of his hair out.

cormac

You need to get out more. It's got NOTHING to do with kmt_sesh. He's not any kind of expert on Egyptology, despite acting like the Big Cheese in that regard here for you and the rest of the regular cabal. If he doesn't want to read alternative theories, he shouldn't be on the Unexplained Mysteries board. If he were half as knowledgeable as he thinks he would be on a proper, academic Egyptology forum. But it's easy to be on here every day taking pot shots at wacky theories about giants, isn't it? Come wading in with the "facts" about ancient Egypt when required. The big fish in a very small pond. Whoopee do. Wouldn't actually cut the mustard in the real world though.

The little gang who post regularly on here - including yourself - really do need your little bubble burst from time to time. You are nothing. No thread, no theory, no field and certainly no thoughts of any poster need be held up against what you think. You are not the measure. You are irrelevant, a legend in your own minds.

You can pull your hair out all you like. You only do that to make yourselves feel superior. Hence you actually enjoy it.

But when you come up against someone of real substance, you mess your diapers. :td:

I will send an email to John Cleese and to Michael Palin.

But wouldn't it be great if one of them showed up here?

But it's not as funny as this thread. One really has to wonder, how did gigantic para/quadraplegics build the Gizamids? :w00t:

cormac

• Like 1

I thought it amusing when egyptianlad said we can't mummify in modern times... we could. Someone probably has.... we've moved on to plasticizing now though. See body works exhibit. But now we are not capable of such marvels. :tu:

Mummification has been done in modern times—twice now. The first time was in the mid-1990s at the University of Maryland, in an experiment run by Bob Brier. The second time was only a year or two ago at a facility in Great Britain. Both were bodies donated to science.

And both experiments were successful.

I loved the Body Worlds exhibition. I've seen two different versions of it and will definitely go again if there's another.

A well shaved Meganthropus is my bet. Then again could the Hyksos have been building the Great Pyramids.

The Hyksos date to the seventeenth and sixteenth centuries BCE (Dynasty 15), over 800 years after the reign of Khufu (Dynasty 4). They have nothing to do with the Old Kingdom pyramids.

• Like 1

You need to get out more. It's got NOTHING to do with kmt_sesh. He's not any kind of expert on Egyptology, despite acting like the Big Cheese in that regard here for you and the rest of the regular cabal. If he doesn't want to read alternative theories, he shouldn't be on the Unexplained Mysteries board. If he were half as knowledgeable as he thinks he would be on a proper, academic Egyptology forum. But it's easy to be on here every day taking pot shots at wacky theories about giants, isn't it? Come wading in with the "facts" about ancient Egypt when required. The big fish in a very small pond. Whoopee do. Wouldn't actually cut the mustard in the real world though.

The little gang who post regularly on here - including yourself - really do need your little bubble burst from time to time. You are nothing. No thread, no theory, no field and certainly no thoughts of any poster need be held up against what you think. You are not the measure. You are irrelevant, a legend in your own minds.

You can pull your hair out all you like. You only do that to make yourselves feel superior. Hence you actually enjoy it.

But when you come up against someone of real substance, you mess your diapers. :td:

Great avatar.

I'll bet you are a midget in real life.

Anywho, you are a recent arrival, show us something to chew on.

We love that.

Take a look at the jaw bone. I saw that skull - or one similar to it, comapred to a normall human skull.

Yes, lets:

lovelock-cave-giant-jaw.jpg

Please note that one object is only the teeth, while the other is an entire jaw. Also, please note that if you look at the teeth in that jaw, you can plainly see that the U-shaped pattern of teeth is simply no larger in the jaw than it is in the sample shown above the jaw.

So, when are you going to show us some red headed giants? I mean, the site you linked only shows normal-sized individuals, as you can easily and readily see above.

Harte

• Like 4

If you can't handle dissenting views then perhaps you shouldn't be on UM.

He already is. And is rather well respected as well.

His peers at the Oriental Institute as well as professionals in the field would appear to disagree with you.

Just based on this one post of yours, that person is definitely not you.

cormac

• Like 1

You need to get out more.

You need to stay indoors, and read some books.

And no, not the ones written by a Hancock, Von Däniken, Charroux, Beauval, Cremo, and the like.

Read books written by people who actually did the digging, wrote papers about it, and got their hands dirty.

Not books written by those who never leave their seats or books written by those who are convinced all the scientists are in some sort of great conspiracy to hide the truth.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Oh, goodness, calm down, already. I don't understand why the fringies go into such a snit when someone mentions my name. I am not the big cheese and I have never proclaimed myself to be—nor have I ever claimed to be an expert. It's only you folks in the fringe crowd who get all pouty when faced with real-world, legitimate evidence, and I'm not the only one who submits the fringies to a taste of reality.

I came to this board years back because of my growing awareness of a certain segment of society espousing stunningly naive and incorrect alternative views. UM is the perfect place for such discussions. Never have I complained about a fringe proponent posting here (unless he or she is particularly childish, obnoxious, and arrogant, and UM has had its share of such fringies). Why do you get bent out of shape when I post?

I suspect it's because you (and others) don't like being reminded of rational, grounded evidence based on the scientific method. I have never seen a fringe theme that is based on evidence that could survive even the most cursory of peer-review environments, but that is not my fault. I am here to represent the orthodox perspective. That is my right. Deal with it, and stop trying to make me out as some boogyman. I don't recall your displaying such unnecessary vitriol when you first started posting here.

I don't take pot shots. If I see something has been posted in error, I reply with the orthodox explanation and am always willing to cite my sources and provide references to support my position. Rarely do fringies take me up on this offer, either because they do not understand research methodology and have no desire to educate themselves or because they're afraid to dig deeper in the first place, and would rather avoid research altogether. It's not my fault if fringies often reply by throwing a tantrum.

And for your information, UM is only one forum to which I belong. I am a Moderator at one of the highest-quality forums for the conservative and orthodox discussion of ancient Egypt, and I have belonged to numerous others through the years. UM is just one more that caught my interest.

I've vented long enough. I will close by suggesting to you what I suggest to other fringe proponents who are so easily rattled: stop trying to make this personal by flaming a forum member, and start trying to support your own beliefs in a productive way.

(As a postscript, I will admit that there are some UM posters who espouse fringe ideas but who can engage in debate with maturity, good humor, and intelligence. These people I like and respect, even if they are the minority of UMers who prefer the fringe.)

• Like 3