Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fatima lady- What was it?

Big Bad Voodoo

I mean the thing is it could have been aliens saying they were gods. Couldn't it

I mean the thing is it could have been aliens saying they were gods. Couldn't it

Maybe they actually believe they are gods, or they use religion to manipulate the primitives and the uneducated. It would hardly be the first time anyone has done that.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I never thought it would literally be a case of the sun dancing around, but more likely something that was happening much closer--obviously something unusual. If it had been the sun, then it would probably have fried the earth completely if it actually moved closer.

Some people have suggested that it was a sun dog or some unusual atmospheric phenomenon, which of course is a standard explanation for many UFO reports.

http://www.google.co...dwuS6XJUpECS56w

Yet there is no indication of seeing the sun and a sun like object at the same time.

Yet there is no indication of seeing the sun and a sun like object at the same time.

If there were clouds parting couldn't the clouds still been over the real sun? or could it have been the light dancing was just larger and closer than the sun and hid the view of the sun just like the sun usually covers the site of the moon in daylight?

Maybe they actually believe they are gods, or they use religion to manipulate the primitives and the uneducated. It would hardly be the first time anyone has done that.

Do you think that might have been the case with the Mayans, and other ancient civilizations

Do you think that might have been the case with the Mayans, and other ancient civilizations

I think that would be the best way to deal with any of the so-called "primitive" cultures, and probably the only way, just to make them believe that ET was something in a religious or supernatural context.

I know Im going in ancient alien hypothesis but I cant help it...Since I studied a lot hisotry, archaeology, myths, religion, philosophy, culture, art, psychology I obviously have diffrent background then some here...

Well Im now learning more and more about physics,chemistry and biology and similar,,,cosmology...math...palaetnology, anthropology...

Anyway,Odawa, Ojibwe, and Algonquin, native Americans, believe in Miigis. Those were radiant beings in human form which teach people how to live.

Lucia saw radiant being.

Edited by the L

I think that would be the best way to deal with any of the so-called "primitive" cultures, and probably the only way, just to make them believe that ET was something in a religious or supernatural context.

I mean dont some of the ancients have it written that the gods came down and I say gods plural and helped them out with things

I know Im going in ancient alien hypothesis but I cant help it...Since I studied a lot hisotry, archaeology, myths, religion, philosophy, culture, art, psychology I obviously have diffrent background then some here...

Well Im now learning more and more about physics,chemistry and biology and similar,,,cosmology...math...palaetnology, anthropology...

Anyway,Odawa, Ojibwe, and Algonquin, native Americans, believe in Miigis. Those were radiant beings in human form which teach people how to live.

Lucia saw radiant being.

If it was an alien, or a God, then it was one twisted freak.

On May 13, 1917, ten year old Lúcia dos Santos and her cousins Jacinta and Francisco Marto were herding sheep at a location known as the Cova da Iria near their home village of Fátima, Portugal. Lúcia described seeing a woman "brighter than the sun, shedding rays of light clearer and stronger than a crystal ball filled with the most sparkling water and pierced by the burning rays of the sun."[3] Further appearances were reported to have taken place on the thirteenth day of the month in June and July. In these, the woman exhorted the children to do penance and Acts of Reparation, and to make sacrifices to save sinners. The children subsequently wore tight cords around their waists to cause themselves pain, performed self-flagellation using stinging nettles, abstained from drinking water on hot days, and performed other works of penance. According to Lúcia's account, in the course of her appearances, the woman confided to the children three secrets, now known as the Three Secrets of Fátima.

I guess Blessed Virgin Mary with baby were alienz, too...

1apsireiskimas02_d.jpg

The man asked, "Why are you weeping?" She replied: "There was a time when my beloved Son was worshipped by my people here, but now they plough and sow on this very spot."

Weeping and blubbering alien... I'd love to see that...

I guess Blessed Virgin Mary with baby were alienz, too...

Weeping and blubbering alien... I'd love to see that...

I have no idea what it really was, how it chose to manifest itself or how it was perceived, but I know that it wasn't the sun dancing around the hills and dales of Portugal.

That much I do know.

Well, this is a wierd and twisted world.

A

Are we not assuming the apparitions are otherworldly? ;)

What is comes down to is several deities were positively identified. If one is to run with testimony, then the Christian Bible is an accurate document.

Except..................

it's not.

Mass hallucination explanations for anything have always seemed ridiculous to me, about as likely as mass hiccups attacks.

Problem being we have many well documented accounts. Not much guesswork left, except why the brain does this. Considering many mass spawning's and migrations that nobody can explain, like how do Salmon return to the correct shoreline to spawn? That's a mass event, we see many examples in nature, as such, I do not find it all that hard to grasp.