Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Test your knowledge

Junior Chubb

Boom. 50/50 Good little quiz. The ones about triangles almost had me.

AreyouscientificallyliterateTakeourquiz-Howdidyoudo-CSMonitorcom-072040.jpg

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

I got 41, and all of that was retained from high-school. I loved science and did really well with biology and meteorology.

Good score karmakazi, I get the feeling you went in head first with no regards for your own life. ;)

I got 34/50, and I sucked in science...

Though, I always usually test well. :unsure2:

You may have sucked at science, but obviously a lot less than I did. :)

Boom. 50/50 Good little quiz. The ones about triangles almost had me.

Good score Imaginarynumber1 :)

...........but your Photoshop skills leave me feeling very suspicious about your score. I am currently examining your evidence for pixel anomalies and raptor like residue. ;)

• Like 1

Good score karmakazi, I get the feeling you went in head first with no regards for your own life. ;)

You may have sucked at science, but obviously a lot less than I did. :)

...........but your Photoshop skills leave me feeling very suspicious about your score. I am currently examining your evidence for pixel anomalies and raptor like residue. ;)

Plus, he's quite 'up front' about calling himself Imaginarynumber1 ................... :whistle:

• Like 2

I am happy to cede my crown to Imaginarynumber1 anyway!

Here you go:(^•x•^)

The stress from being at the top was too much for me, I am happy to have been bested.

Edited by sepulchrave
  • Like 2

I was really surprised I got 39 of 50 (40 of 50 if I I hadn't miss clicked the VERY last question, but I'll give the test my poor mousing skills lol). Super surprised actually. I think I was able to suss out a large number of them through educated guessing, a good background in medical and scientific Latin. The rest probably comes from watching Science Channel shows. LOL.

i got 32 which is from guessing, help from a friend, context clues, and a little bit of knowledge.

also one question didn't have the right answer. i don't remember the question but it's close to the beginnning. the answer was 1,000,000,000 but it wasn't a choice. the "right" answer said 10,000,000

Edited by Xanthurion2

Too many physics questions 29/50 I guess I'm just an ordinary genius..ha ha ...or T'ick

i got 32 which is from guessing, help from a friend, context clues, and a little bit of knowledge.

also one question didn't have the right answer. i don't remember the question but it's close to the beginnning. the answer was 1,000,000,000 but it wasn't a choice. the "right" answer said 10,000,000

The nanometer question, I presume? It would have been one billion if it was asking how many in a meter, but it was only 10,000,000 because it was asking how many in a centimeter :)

As I do with everything in life :D

• Like 1

42 - with more than a couple of guesses.

Interestingly, I remembered a lot of this from my school science lessons (things I haven't even heard of since) and that was 30 years ago. Yet when the missus sends me to the shops for bread and milk, I forget the bread.

Edited by Arbenol68
  • Like 3

39 of 50...

In my defense I will say that on one of the wrong answers I was looking at the correct one but clicked the wrong one...

and on a few others I had it down to two possibles but selected the wrong one...

(of course there were a couple that I just flat out swagged)...

• Like 1

Is there none here who might claim my crown?

*image removed*

That is one rudeboi raptor with his slanted crown....

• Like 1

raptor31.jpg

As if we could compete with that.

• Like 1

The nanometer question, I presume? It would have been one billion if it was asking how many in a meter, but it was only 10,000,000 because it was asking how many in a centimeter :)

oohh...now i feel stupid :unsure2:

I'm really not trying to sound like an intellectual dick here, but I thought that quiz was rather easy. Seeing everyone else's scores, however, serves to remind me that not everyone is trained in the sciences.

So just so you all know, I'm not trying to be a total douche when I strut around in my magnificent crown.

Ah...i was about to do it but got sidetracked into going behind the bike sheds for a sly smoke...exams do that to me.. :whistle:

• Like 1

Not sure if this is in the right section or not, I am sure it will move if not...

Following a link in another story on UM I found this 'science quiz'. I thought some of the UM super brains would have fun with it, the questions are quite varied so there is room for everyone to slip up along the way. I started of really well but soon lost my way...

The not so intelligent Junior Chubb managed 24/50 :blush: Not so great (but honest), but as you may know I am more about opinion than knowledge ;)

http://www.csmonitor...th-s-atmosphere

Have fun, post your score if you want, and remember if you cheat you are only cheating yourself.

Not all the answers are right for example a nanometre is a billionth of a metre not a 10 millionth.

What country does it apply too?

Edited by Mr Right Wing

raptor31.jpg

Claimed :w00t: 50/50

Not all the answers are right for example a nanometre is a billionth of a metre not a 10 millionth.

What country does it apply too?

You are incorrect. The question asked how many nanometers are in a centimeter. Not a meter. A centimeter is 10^-2, while a nanometer is 10^-9. Ergo there are 10^7 or 10,000,000 nanometers in a centimeter.

• Like 3

Claimed :w00t: 50/50

You are incorrect. The question asked how many nanometers are in a centimeter. Not a meter. A centimeter is 10^-2, while a nanometer is 10^-9. Ergo there are 10^7 or 10,000,000 nanometers in a centimeter.

Psh. Tied, son.

Thanks Copasetic :)

Right wing, it had also been addressed in a post at the top of the page... (Link)

What other questions were incorrect?

Edited by Junior Chubb

There are some very good scores coming in, well done to the full marks brigade.

Don't forget to leave an apple on my desk on the way out. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

39/50!

I admit that in some of them I've been helped by the Greek references (unfortunately I don't know Greek, but I studied the basics at high school).

Anyway, it's sad that, while reading them, sometimes I felt a "wall" between my knowledge and what I remember now. Further, some of the wrong answers I gave were among the easiest of the test! :lol:

Good link Junior Chubb! :tu:

• Like 1