Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Col. Charles Halt claims US UFO coverup

Saru

"They" regard this as their planet anyway, from long before we ever came on the scene.

I ba;llk at the concept of any species owning a planet.

I ba;llk at the concept of any species owning a planet.

Think about what you just said. It is true just as some American Indians thought about their land BUT that was before more and more white men came and dominated their culture and took their native lands. Species with higher technology tend to believe their knowledge gives them right to claim everything as their dominion even if it's not.

I think it is western thinking, handed down to us from Rome, not greece, that leads to the divide and conquor attitude that has prevailed for the last 3 thousand or so years. Time to let the divide and conquor need go, I think.

But I understand your sentiment. I have not forgiven the so-called "discovery" of the Americas. We know that discovery was a fraud.

Think about what you just said. It is true just as some American Indians thought about their land BUT that was before more and more white men came and dominated their culture and took their native lands. Species with higher technology tend to believe their knowledge gives them right to claim everything as their dominion even if it's not.

• Like 1

I think it is western thinking, handed down to us from Rome, not greece, that leads to the divide and conquor attitude that has prevailed for the last 3 thousand or so years. Time to let the divide and conquor need go, I think.

But I understand your sentiment. I have not forgiven the so-called "discovery" of the Americas. We know that discovery was a fraud.

Attitudes and history tends to repeat itself across ALL cultures and I agree that it was handed down from the Roman Empire as a prime example for us.

• Like 1

Halt and many others said that they not only saw craft land at the base in 1980, but also that films and still pictures were taken of it, and that at one point four ETs were seen as well.

I am curious as to how many men and women were posted at that base, and how many civilians also. To keep something like that from not being talked about, but by a few people does not make any sense at all.

I am curious as to how many men and women were posted at that base, and how many civilians also. To keep something like that from not being talked about, but by a few people does not make any sense at all.

I know nothing at all about that--absolutely nothing.

Here's a partial list of witnesses who have talked about it over the years, about 50 of them, but that's all I know.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=16&ved=0CDoQFjAFOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.therendleshamforestincident.com%2FOthers_Involved_BZDR.html&ei=sPBvUMH9DoXe8wTEooGoAw&usg=AFQjCNEoJyC2W-5zFLNoyEOe6hB-R_HpIw&sig2=mlOI2qS-TUX3h48uNe_sHw

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Here's a partial list of witnesses who have talked about it over the years, about 50 of them, but that's all I know.

http://www.google.co...-TUX3h48uNe_sHw

I didn't realize there were that many witnesses.

Makes you wonder how many witnesses are required for their collective testimony to be accepted as fact.

The head of the MoD at the time, I don't recall his name but I've seen him interviewed in a documentary said something like this when he was told that it was not a threat to national security..."If multiple eye witnesses in positions of high responsibility at one of the worlds most powerful airbases suffered mass halucination, then that is a matter of national security and if indeed they were not halucinating and the incident reported is fact, then that too is of interest to national security. In either case it's a matter of grave concern"

*edit*

I found something on it, I believe it was this fellow, Lord Hill-Norton:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/6038208/Former-Armed-Forces-head-wanted-probe-into-UFO-sighting-newly-released-files-show.html

Edited by synchronomy

Thank You

I do still wonder how many were there, and if interviewed ( I am sure they were ) how many said they saw, nor heard anything out of the ordinary. There had to be some people saying this wouldn't one think?

Not saying this did not happen, I love this case myself.

I didn't realize there were that many witnesses.

Makes you wonder how many witnesses are required for their collective testimony to be accepted as fact.

I found something on it, I believe it was this fellow, Lord Hill-Norton:

http://www.telegraph...files-show.html

There are cases with dozens and hundreds of witnesses that are certainly factual, despite the fact that when it comes to UFOs there is always this group of self-styled professional "skeptics" whose job it is to state that all eyewitness testimony is unreliable, even when they see aliens landing and emerging from their craft, as they did in this case.

There are even pictures of one of these UFOs on the ground and of the radar scope that detected three or four of them, which I have posted here.

All I can say is that if human perceptions are so unreliable as some of these "skeptics" would have us believe, then it's a wonder that the species every emerged from the Stone Age.

Thank You

I do still wonder how many were there, and if interviewed ( I am sure they were ) how many said they saw, nor heard anything out of the ordinary. There had to be some people saying this wouldn't one think?

Not saying this did not happen, I love this case myself.

It's been happening for 30 years as more and more people have come forward and been interviewed or told their stories in more detail. There was a lot more happening in this incident than lights in the sky or some guys seeing one UFO land in the woods, although the original witnesses did not know all this information at the time.

The list of witnesses is much longer!

"If you know what's good for your career it didn't happen and keep your mouth shut but you can play with the other guys who saw it happen if you want!" There were those at the base with cameras who were actively seeking and even creating some fabrications themselves.

It was difficult to sort out all the fluff as to what was really going down even if you were there. Several things really happened there! Some witnesses of one thing did not see the other event and visa versa. Base became littered with civilian UFO researchers and media with all kinds of stories so who can know what's true or not. Some were atmospheric reactions, one was an ally high technology and the other was ET related.

The list of witnesses is much longer!

"If you know what's good for your career it didn't happen and keep your mouth shut but you can play with the other guys who saw it happen if you want!" There were those at the base with cameras who were actively seeking and even creating some fabrications themselves.

It was difficult to sort out all the fluff as to what was really going down even if you were there. Several things really happened there! Some witnesses of one thing did not see the other event and visa versa. Base became littered with civilian UFO researchers and media with all kinds of stories so who can know what's true or not. Some were atmospheric reactions, one was an ally high technology and the other was ET related.

Something landed and at least for ET "entities" were seen, and a number of UFOs were seen on radar. There is a great deal of documentation on this case, including pictures and videos, some of which researchers have managed to uncover over the years.

There were also British witnesses, including civilians, military and the police. This was a very big UFO event, more than many people realize.

Perhaps this is what Margaret Thatcher meant when she said "you can't tell the people". What are they supposed to tell them?

There are even pictures of one of these UFOs on the ground and of the radar scope that detected three or four of them, which I have posted here.

If you are referring to the two images below, please share with us how you authenticated them to be what you claim them to be.

What have we here?

Radar+Screen+%28Ill%29.jpg

Do you notice the word "Illustration" in the bottom left corner? How do you know this is an actual image of a radar scope from one of those nights in that location?

I found a duplicate of this image in a blog here, which I found to be an interesting read. (It is about two thirds of the way down and the title starts with "28th February 2012")

Can you share the source page on blogspot.com for the above image that you linked? (Not the image link, but the link to the page where the image appears.)

That was sure some crappy video. Which of you jokers separated the pictures from the documents, anyway?

10-trees.jpg

And no, that was not a picture of Sergeant B!

This image did come from one of the UK releases of UFO files if I'm not mistaken, but how did you go about determining that it was from Rendlesham?

I found it here, but one of the comments below on that page seems to indicate that there isn't really a way to tie this image to Rendlesham. Can you also share the original source page for your linked image? I'd like to read whatever it says there.

Please understand McG, I'm not making a counter claim that what you've stated is false. I'm merely asking for confirmation about how you've reached the conclusions that you have and how you have vetted these images, if at all.

Thanks.

Something landed and at least for ET "entities" were seen, and a number of UFOs were seen on radar. There is a great deal of documentation on this case, including pictures and videos, some of which researchers have managed to uncover over the years.

There were also British witnesses, including civilians, military and the police. This was a very big UFO event, more than many people realize.

Perhaps this is what Margaret Thatcher meant when she said "you can't tell the people". What are they supposed to tell them?

Even high tech needs fueling ......

If you are referring to the two images below, please share with us how you authenticated them to be what you claim them to be.

Do you notice the word "Illustration" in the bottom left corner? How do you know this is an actual image of a radar scope from one of those nights in that location?

I found a duplicate of this image in a blog here, which I found to be an interesting read. (It is about two thirds of the way down and the title starts with "28th February 2012")

Can you share the source page on blogspot.com for the above image that you linked? (Not the image link, but the link to the page where the image appears.)

Please understand McG, I'm not making a counter claim that what you've stated is false. I'm merely asking for confirmation about how you've reached the conclusions that you have and how you have vetted these images, if at all.

Thanks.

Well, Boon, I'd like to help you more with this if I could, but what I told you is really all I know--or all I could find out. I definitely don't know all the details myself.

I have read (or heard) that Sen. James Exon was involved with an inquiry about this incident but the results have never been released. Beyond that, I just don't know anything else.

I'm sorry.

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 1

Well, Boon, I'd like to help you more with this if I could, but what I told you is really all I know--or all I could find out. I definitely don't know all the details myself.

I have read (or heard) that Sen. James Exon was involved with an inquiry about this incident but the results have never been released. Beyond that, I just don't know anything else.

I'm sorry.

No worries, thanks for clarifying. I do recommend giving that blog entry a read when you have the time. It appears as though Robert Hastings interviewed some people who contend they were radar operators on duty during the events and that they not only saw it on radar but also saw something out the window from the tower. I don't know what to think of it myself, but I know many would probably consider this as confirmatory. As mentioned, it's about two thirds of the way down, but if you just scroll until you see the Radar illustration, it's the entry directly above it.

You also mentioned up above in post 138 something about video documentation that may have been unearthed. Is that actual video from the nights in question? Or were you just referring to documentaries about the events?

You also mentioned up above in post 138 something about video documentation that may have been unearthed. Is that actual video from the nights in question? Or were you just referring to documentaries about the events?

I have heard that there were actual videos of these events, but I have no idea where those could be found, apart from some still images that might crop up here and there. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

There may have been a dust up between the British and Americans over this, which made the issue even more sensitive, especially given that it took place during the Cold War. American personnel may have confiscated pictures and cameras from some of the British on the scene and things like that, which raised issues of sovereignty.

Not to mention that there were perhaps 500 "tactical" nuclear weapons being stored there that no one likes to talk about even today. There are many reasons why the US government would be happy to leave this whole incident in the past.

• Like 2

Some were atmospheric reactions, one was an ally high technology and the other was ET related.

I stand by this though others may scuff at the last one, they just don't KNOW because they weren't there.

This is a good case for UFO people to study! I don't because it became like a Rosswell thing too many smoke screens and I don't have to prove to myself it happened.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

I have heard that there were actual videos of these events, but I have no idea where those could be found, apart from some still images that might crop up here and there. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

There may have been a dust up between the British and Americans over this, which made the issue even more sensitive, especially given that it took place during the Cold War. American personnel may have confiscated pictures and cameras from some of the British on the scene and things like that, which raised issues of sovereignty.

Not to mention that there were perhaps 500 "tactical" nuclear weapons being stored there that no one likes to talk about even today. There are many reasons why the US government would be happy to leave this whole incident in the past.

Okay, thanks. Yes, I've heard that there was footage as well, though most of that comes from Larry Warren if I'm not mistaken, and his account differs pretty significantly from those of Halt and Penniston in many ways.

Okay, thanks. Yes, I've heard that there was footage as well, though most of that comes from Larry Warren if I'm not mistaken, and his account differs pretty significantly from those of Halt and Penniston in many ways.

Not just him. There were others involved, but they did know part of the story. Col. Halt was right that the investigation was never really in his hands to begin with, and that it was moved up to higher levels.

I also think Halt was a very good officer who was trying to protect his men as much as he could. Many people believe this and respect him for it, but he is correct that it also affected his military career.

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 1

Not just him. There were others involved, but they did know part of the story. Col. Halt was right that the investigation was never really in his hands to begin with, and that it was moved up to higher levels.

I also think Halt was a very good officer who was trying to protect his men as much as he could. Many people believe this and respect him for it, but he is correct that it also affected his military career.

You are so right, it was moved to higher levels and he was a very good officer to his men :)

Have to add I really thought this event at base was going to be "the day the civilian world finds out about ET " but it didn't end up that way just like all past events :(

• Like 1

Well, it has been quite a while since I looked into the case with any serious depth, but now that you mention it I think Penniston may have mentioned something about that at one point too. That said, I do have a hard time believing much of what Penniston presents after he has paid several visits to the memory regression therapists. I'm of the firm opinion that memory regression is just as likely to implant false memories as it is to retrieve hidden ones, if not moreso.

Add to this his binary debacle and inconsistencies with his notebook and he just has no credibility in my mind. I honestly think he is making things up as he goes and has fabricated evidence. I don't believe for a second that he took casts of the 'landing site' impressions for example. I'm almost 100% certain that he created those many years after the original events took place in an effort to bolster his story, and I can't get past the glaring inconsistencies with his companion (Burroughs) during the supposed 45 minute investigation of the landed UFO. Burroughs has stated that this didn't happen, and his own account (and others) culminate with the confirmation that they had been chasing after the beacon from the Orford Ness lighthouse.

Well, it has been quite a while since I looked into the case with any serious depth, but now that you mention it I think Penniston may have mentioned something about that at one point too. That said, I do have a hard time believing much of what Penniston presents after he has paid several visits to the memory regression therapists. I'm of the firm opinion that memory regression is just as likely to implant false memories as it is to retrieve hidden ones, if not moreso.

Add to this his binary debacle and inconsistencies with his notebook and he just has no credibility in my mind. I honestly think he is making things up as he goes and has fabricated evidence. I don't believe for a second that he took casts of the 'landing site' impressions for example. I'm almost 100% certain that he created those many years after the original events took place in an effort to bolster his story, and I can't get past the glaring inconsistencies with his companion (Burroughs) during the supposed 45 minute investigation of the landed UFO. Burroughs has stated that this didn't happen, and his own account (and others) culminate with the confirmation that they had been chasing after the beacon from the Orford Ness lighthouse.

Forgive me for this nasty comment but Penniston wasn't wrapped too tight to begin with.

• Like 1

I think there were other sites and other people involved besides this well-known group.

• Like 1

I think there were other sites and other people involved besides this well-known group.

Right...the disinformation smoke screens live on through the people who want to go public as well as being the most vunerable, then no one takes it seriously enough to bother to look at the other sites.