Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donated Kidney accidentally Flushed

libstaK

Oh wow, what a horrible waste. The poor family - brother donates kidney to save his sister only to have it flushed accidentally before the procedure. :cry:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/8539129/donated-kidney-accidentally-flushed

The kidney, donated by a US man to his sister, was being kept in a bag of chilled, protective slush before an operation at the University of Toledo Medical Centre in Ohio.

• Like 1

Oh man, that is horrible. What a stupid, stupid mistake that was. I'm sure the nurse is feeling pretty guilty about it too.

Oh well, it will all even out when the lawsuit settlement comes in, right?

• Like 2

If the girl dies, should the nurse be punish?

I doubt it's over - one nurse suspended another sacked, but how did the kidney become so compromised within the processes known in the hospital? A terrible, tragic mistake that should not be able to happen.

• Like 1

I doubt it's over - one nurse suspended another sacked, but how did the kidney become so compromised within the processes known in the hospital? A terrible, tragic mistake that should not be able to happen.

Indeed

Sue them, sue them all!

Great shame for the family, hope the better case scenario prevails.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Humans, what an incredibly clever yet stupid species we are...

We have the ability to remove a kidney from one person to help save another yet at the same time incompetence negates that opportunity.

I just hope the recipient gets another opportunity, and the donor is a forgiving person...

• Like 6

That is absolutely awful, you just can't imagine that happening!

• Like 2

It's no wonder hospital bills are so high. Probably because they get sued for making similar mistakes like this and leaving surgical instruments in their patients.

Edited by Purifier

How do you tell someone you got fired from your job because you flushed a donated kidney away?

You don't. You start looking for a new career.

• Like 2

Well people are only human, but I bet they'll be a lot of new procedures put in place.

WOW what a balls up , Imagine the doctors trying to explain it ...

Doctor : " We have some bad news "

Patient : " What's the matter Doctor ? "

Doctor : " It seems we no longer have the kidney your brother so kindly donated "

Patient : " WTF do you mean "we no longer have " the kidney "

Doctor : " It appears that a nurse , by mistake , flush it away down the crapper "

Patient : " Oh in that case you had best get your lawyer on the phone , I'm about to flush you down the crapper ! "

- In all seriousness . I hope they can find her a new donor kidney and get her back to good health :tu:

TiP .

Edited by tipotep
  • Like 1