Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ashamed Father Hacks Daughter To Death

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

I don't understand what's so difficult to admit when the book itself definitively states that killing the infidel is a DUTY. Is there a Christian or Jewish sect TODAY that calls for such things? If so I am unaware and would like to be educated. The vast majority of all violence of a religious or political nature on the planet today is based on conflict under the name of Islam. There just can be no doubt of this. Being PC is becoming deadly.

I think blaming Islam is narrow-minded. I'm not being an apologist for them. Any area of the world with the terrible human conditions you see in parts of the middle east also has violence. There's always a call for violence in the name of 'something'. The solution is not to blame the 'something', it's to blame the people calling for violence. The same people living in affluent areas live in peace. If a radical religion managed to take over Florida, for instance, you would see Christians in America calling for a holy war - and it would not be something the rest of America would let go in 60 years either. Just putting things in perspective. Some radical groups like the Taliban stand in the way of creating a stable society with good living conditions, but you blame the individuals, not the religion. Same as you don't blame Christianity for the problems in the Waco incident, or the actions by the KKK. Several religions justify violence, including Judaism. Sure some use religion in their rhetoric to justify violence, like those who've called for a jihad, but are we any different? Didn't George W. say God told him to attack the middle east? Both pray to the same God. I guess God is on the side with the best artillery.

I think you're both making pretty good points here.

I'm no fan of any religion but Islam is, without doubt, the most virulent and morally retarded of the lot. Most mainstream religions don't preach incitements to violence as Islam does.

But what it says in their book is less relevant than how they behave as a collective of individuals. If a christian wanted to spew hatred, intolerance and praise of violence against unbelievers, then they would have little trouble finding something in the Bible to justify this. In fact, christians routinely ignore the nastier parts of the Bible, or understand that what it says needs to be understood in the proper historic context. No such behaviour from many Muslims who seem to require very little provocation to start with the death threats.

It's not the book's fault. If christians followed all the rules in the Bible, they would equally be seen as morally repugnant.

Edited by Arbenol68
  • Like 2

I think you're both making pretty good points here.

I'm no fan of any religion but Islam is, without doubt, the most virulent and morally retarded of the lot. Most mainstream religions don't preach incitements to violence as Islam does.

But what it says in their book is less relevant than how they behave as a collective of individuals. If a christian wanted to spew hatred, intolerance and praise of violence against unbelievers, then they would have little trouble finding something in the Bible to justify this. In fact, christians routinely ignore the nastier parts of the Bible, or understand that what it says needs to be understood in the proper historic context. No such behaviour from many Muslims who seem to require very little provocation to start with the death threats.

It's not the book's fault. If christians followed all the rules in the Bible, they would equally be seen as morally repugnant.

But if this is the case then why are there no widespread Jewish terror orgs? They take the OT as truth and the ultraorthodox, while disgusting in some of their hate filled behavior, still do not widely support or condone killing in the name of Yahweh. Christians certainly don't. Of course there are limited exceptions but nothing on the scale of global hatred being practiced by this death cult. What truly leaves me stunned is how many today have seen their behavior with their own eyes; been inconvenienced or worse in their own lives and still make excuses for the dogma these people preach and teach to their children. If they want to live in this way in their own countries, while I think it's disgusting in many ways, I would have no issue with any of them. They want everyone to believe as they do and if you are unwilling then it's just a matter of time before they gain enough power to make that a command rather than a request. This is setting up to be the final conflict for that very reason. It isn't about wealth or land or even power so much. This war is about which god is bigger. My God says love your enemy. Their's says kill everyone who won't submit. They will win in the short run and the slaughter will be horrific. But ultimately the hatred burns itself.

But if this is the case then why are there no widespread Jewish terror orgs? They take the OT as truth and the ultraorthodox, while disgusting in some of their hate filled behavior, still do not widely support or condone killing in the name of Yahweh. Christians certainly don't. Of course there are limited exceptions but nothing on the scale of global hatred being practiced by this death cult. What truly leaves me stunned is how many today have seen their behavior with their own eyes; been inconvenienced or worse in their own lives and still make excuses for the dogma these people preach and teach to their children. If they want to live in this way in their own countries, while I think it's disgusting in many ways, I would have no issue with any of them. They want everyone to believe as they do and if you are unwilling then it's just a matter of time before they gain enough power to make that a command rather than a request. This is setting up to be the final conflict for that very reason. It isn't about wealth or land or even power so much. This war is about which god is bigger. My God says love your enemy. Their's says kill everyone who won't submit. They will win in the short run and the slaughter will be horrific. But ultimately the hatred burns itself.

You forget both believe in the same god, they just added another layer on top of the same religion, just like Christianity added a layer on top of Judaism, and Mormonism after them.

Edited by ranrod

I don't understand what's so difficult to admit when the book itself definitively states that killing the infidel is a DUTY. Is there a Christian or Jewish sect TODAY that calls for such things? If so I am unaware and would like to be educated. The vast majority of all violence of a religious or political nature on the planet today is based on conflict under the name of Islam. There just can be no doubt of this. Being PC is becoming deadly.

I already gave you an example. Bush said God told him to attack the middle east killing many multiples of the death count of 911, and probably every other terrorist attack in the last 15 years. The parts of the OT Christians adhere to is completely arbitrary, and depends on how much strife their societies are going through as people lean on religion when things are bad. It's not being PC, it's drawing a more accurate picture. People in suffering are more volatile. That's the problem to attack. Many areas in Africa are as volatile if not more for the same reason. Kenya, is another example. 83% Christian and as brutal as any Islamic society. The DRC is more than 90% Christian with the same exact issues. Even Ethiopia has a Christian majority.

Also, the IRA and their English counterparts are Christian people who committed heinous terrorist attacks against each other for decades. The Basque in Spain are strictly Roman Catholic and have terrorist organizations as well. I still say the KKK wasn't all that long ago.

Edited by ranrod

I already gave you an example. Bush said God told him to attack the middle east killing many multiples of the death count of 911, and probably every other terrorist attack in the last 15 years. The parts of the OT Christians adhere to is completely arbitrary, and depends on how much strife their societies are going through as people lean on religion when things are bad. It's not being PC, it's drawing a more accurate picture. People in suffering are more volatile. That's the problem to attack. Many areas in Africa are as volatile if not more for the same reason. Kenya, is another example. 83% Christian and as brutal as any Islamic society. The DRC is more than 90% Christian with the same exact issues. Even Ethiopia has a Christian majority.

Also, the IRA and their English counterparts are Christian people who committed heinous terrorist attacks against each other for decades. The Basque in Spain are strictly Roman Catholic and have terrorist organizations as well. I still say the KKK wasn't all that long ago.

And have they made it their purpose in life to convert the whole world at the point of a gun? I have never said that other religions do not have extremists or that many are not blood thirsty. But you keep equating their acts as though that is possible when the evidence simply doesn't bear it out. The threat is Islam. Deny it if you care to but it doesn't change the facts as they exist. I think the world will too slowly come to this realization and the price we pay will be another "great" war of civilizations. In fact I think it is predestined. So I guess we will agree to disagree - thank you for being respectful in tone.

And have they made it their purpose in life to convert the whole world at the point of a gun? I have never said that other religions do not have extremists or that many are not blood thirsty. But you keep equating their acts as though that is possible when the evidence simply doesn't bear it out. The threat is Islam. Deny it if you care to but it doesn't change the facts as they exist. I think the world will too slowly come to this realization and the price we pay will be another "great" war of civilizations. In fact I think it is predestined. So I guess we will agree to disagree - thank you for being respectful in tone.

Sugar pie, honey bunch, sweetums :P ...I don't think it is something we have to worry about. The society, in the US, is so Christian you are pobably in one of the best places you could be. If it came to a war between the two, Islam wouldn't have a chance on this soil.

Sugar pie, honey bunch, sweetums :P ...I don't think it is something we have to worry about. The society, in the US, is so Christian you are pobably in one of the best places you could be. If it came to a war between the two, Islam wouldn't have a chance on this soil.

Madam you are going to make me diabetic ;) I'm speaking on a global scale here but I also think even our country can (obviously) sustain great damage from this spread of ideology. Not sure how far you are from Murfreesboro but I think that might be a case in point. Time will tell Darlin' :w00t:

I don't think it is something we have to worry about. The society, in the US, is so Christian you are pobably in one of the best places you could be. If it came to a war between the two, Islam wouldn't have a chance on this soil.

I would imagine they said the same thing in Cordoba prior to 711ce.

I would imagine they said the same thing in Cordoba prior to 711ce.

I get your point, but they actually didn't. The Spanish saw the Moor army and like the backstabbing, thieving b******* that they were, they decided to use the Moors to smite each other. Like Game of Thrones. It would have been easy to keep the Moor army from crossing the straight. They were purposely let through. The Spanish underestimated how large and organized the Moors were, and eventually got overwhelmed. Even then, the Spanish refused to work with each other and kept using the Moors to mitigate each other's power through the centuries. When Spain was united, mostly by force, the different Spanish regions were very resentful of it. To this day people of Spain, like the Basque, still complain about the evil conquering Spanish army, yet no resentment at all about the Moors. Some centuries later, the king of Spain once again used the Moors to get the upper hand against a foe - it backfired but not as badly that time. Ug.

I get your point, but they actually didn't. The Spanish saw the Moor army and like the backstabbing, thieving b******* that they were, they decided to use the Moors to smite each other. Like Game of Thrones. It would have been easy to keep the Moor army from crossing the straight. They were purposely let through. The Spanish underestimated how large and organized the Moors were, and eventually got overwhelmed. Even then, the Spanish refused to work with each other and kept using the Moors to mitigate each other's power through the centuries. When Spain was united, mostly by force, the different Spanish regions were very resentful of it. To this day people of Spain, like the Basque, still complain about the evil conquering Spanish army, yet no resentment at all about the Moors. Some centuries later, the king of Spain once again used the Moors to get the upper hand against a foe - it backfired but not as badly that time. Ug.

Underestimating the Moors is definitely one way of saying precisely that. At that time, the population still outnumbered the Muslim conquerors. The Cathedral of Cordoba was the icon of Christianity but that couldn’t stand for long as no Muslim can allow other authority to be equal to Allah. So they took over half of the Cathedral and turned it into a mosque. In time, the Christian population slowly diminished and the Umayyad rulers forced the sale of the other half. Christians were allowed to rebuild minor churches but they had become subordinate to Islam (as it is in Muslim countries today). This is how Islam spreads. Its loss almost 500 years later still resonates in the Muslim world.

Underestimating the Moors is definitely one way of saying precisely that. At that time, the population still outnumbered the Muslim conquerors. The Cathedral of Cordoba was the icon of Christianity but that couldn't stand for long as no Muslim can allow other authority to be equal to Allah. So they took over half of the Cathedral and turned it into a mosque. In time, the Christian population slowly diminished and the Umayyad rulers forced the sale of the other half. Christians were allowed to rebuild minor churches but they had become subordinate to Islam (as it is in Muslim countries today). This is how Islam spreads. Its loss almost 500 years later still resonates in the Muslim world.

More like self-destructing trying to use the Muslims to further their own selfish agendas. As you are now perpetuating that age-old tradition of using the Muslims to further your agenda, remember how it turned out for the Spanish. Those who do not learn the lessons from the past are condemned to repeat them.

Edited by ranrod

More like self-destructing trying to use the Muslims to further their own selfish agendas. As you are now perpetuating that age-old tradition of using the Muslims to further your agenda, remember how it turned out for the Spanish. Those who do not learn the lessons from the past are condemned to repeat them.

You seem convinced that Islam is some innocuous force in the world. Nothing to see here...move along. I find it a bizarre take on world events, frankly.

You seem convinced that Islam is some innocuous force in the world. Nothing to see here...move along. I find it a bizarre take on world events, frankly.

There are good people and bad people of any religion. People are people. There are countries where Muslims prove the can coexist and live in peace with others, just like there are countries Christians prove the same. I believe we should go after groups like the Taliban, same as you should go after groups like the IRA, Basque terrorists, the KKK, and any other radical group that advocates violence and intolerance; whether they are religious or not. I believe we should go after individuals that prove to violent, just like the one mentioned in this thread, regardless of religion as well.

• Like 1

Today in the news, an American girl murdered her daughter with a pair of scissors in the bathroom. So terrible and wasteful, it makes me feel so bad to live in a screwed up world like this. However, I will not blame her religion, nationality, race, affiliations, music, or video games. She is to blame and be punished for her crimes. There's possible partial blame on her parents depending on how much they knew. Blaming anything else, is giving the murderer a free-pass on culpability.

• Like 1