Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Illness and Abilities

Whiteplume

I've been looking into how different individuals that having an illness (such as MS, a brain tumor or another debilitaing illness) sometimes enhances psychic abilities. Could the physical restriction enhance or even reveal psychic abilities? For example, when someone loses one sense, another sense can become much, much more heightened. I'm curious if the same might happen if someone has a physical restriction. Also, considering this seems to happen with MS and brain tumors, could the change in the brain somehow trigger something in the mind? My sister has MS and it seems her abilities have increased alongside the illness. Thoughts?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Whiteplume

• Tia

• Cora Calliope

• Ever Learning

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of this happening. My crochet and sewing instructor, Katy, has been fairly recently diagnosed with MS. She's since said that she's been developing more "intuition." For example, Katy once "sensed" that her younger sister was in trouble, so she went over to her house and found that her sister had left the oven on. However, for what it's worth, I've had a severe, debilitating case of fibromyalgia since I was 13 years old and I have no physic abilities whatsoever. It's a bummer, because it would be nice to get something positive out of a downright ****ty situation. C'est la vie!

through personal experimentation ive realized there's a link between stomach acid production and visualization. heres a link to my blog http://www.unexplain...showentry=25543 alot of spiritual people fast which i guess involves the stomach.

people can hallucinate with a fever but guess thats not what you mean.

Edited by Ever Learning

Cora, I'm sorry to hear about your instructor! I can say the sameabout my sister,though. She seems very tuned in to other people's mood, even though she's hundreds of miles away.

Ever Learning, fascinating post! Food is also grounding. I know if I meditate and need to "come back" quickly, eating a piece of bread can help that. I'd assume this has something to do with what signals are being sent to the brain and what chemicals are released. Hmm

Eating after a meditation and spirit connection works to ground you. I don't know about improving abilities but I know when you're ill or weak you shouldn't really be working with spirits as your energy is at a lower flow.