Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

women tend to believe in ghosts,

notoverrated

I think there is so much in this universe that mankind just doesnt understand, I do believe in aliens, and I also think that ghosts could be real. I believe theres malevolent spirits and I also really deeply believe in my heart that bigfoot exists.

"Women are more likely to be at the 'social' end of paranormal beliefs," Sturgess says. "They're more likely to believe in things like mediums, astrology, psychic healing, and ghosts.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz27efIq1hk

"Men, for instance, are more likely than women to believe in the alien astronaut theories of Erich von Daniken, and more cryptozoological things like the Loch Ness monster."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz27efRqmFn

this is true for me i believe in aliens but not ghosts, but my girlfriend believes in ghosts and not aliens.

Any neurologist can tell you the effects that sex hormones have on the development and perceptions of the human brain. I think women in general are naturally more empathetic than most men and this is a plus to picking up on ghost type things. Makes sense to me they would believe in ghosts more than most men.

Personal experiences is what really counts for it to become a belief whether a man or woman ...alien or ghost.

My philosophy in unexplained experiences is to let the feeling side of it guide you to sceptical analyze the "nuts and bolts" the experience in different ways. Empathy with things can help you or deceive you, so you always have to be sceptical of where those feelings are coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with that is according to this I am a bloke! While in actual fact I'm a woman! Which means most of my friends are blokes, and they are women too!

The problem with that is according to this I am a bloke! While in actual fact I'm a woman! Which means most of my friends are blokes, and they are women too!

Cheers for clearing that up, your username makes more sense to me now. :)

Wasn't sure if it was Magic Lass, Magical Ass (Magicl-Ass) or Magic Class (MagiClass).

A belated welcome to UM you Magical Lass... ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb

• 2 months later...

Women are not more likely to cry, get hysterical and stomp their feet. Some non hysterical..less hormonal women also see ghosts or have "dreams" and insights. There is no such thing as a typical. It is how the sensitive is treated by their parents in light of their sensitivity and how well the child can cope with the parent's perception of said child's sensitivity which counts more in behavior development. As far as men believing in aliens more than women and so forth how do you know this is true? Have you met them all and lined them up and ask?

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that there are infinite numbers and forms of life or being in the universe (or "multiverse") than our physical minds could ever imagine!

a mystery indeed!!!

Amen~

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I don't see why we even need to make a dividing line between ghosts and aliens, I don't believe in either but I do think that spirits can appear to us as either one. In short it really does not matter if men see aliens or if women see ghosts, its all about spirits playing their tricks