Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ThePhantomFlanFlinger

'Frozen Dead Guy' Festival To Go On.

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

DENVER - The frozen corpse that has inspired a Colorado town’s whimsical “Frozen Dead Guy Days” celebration may soon be put on ice somewhere else, but festival organizers said the body’s removal will not have a chilling effect on the annual event.

“We will continue on whether or not Bredo Morstoel is here,” festival owner Amanda MacDonald s aid Wednesday of the man whose body has been packed in dry ice outside Nederland, Colorado, since 1993.

I saw the headline to this and thought it was a joke..then i read the article and was quite shocked.. :w00t: ...anyone on here been to it or heard of it..?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2012/09/27/20237371.html?

wolfknight

Oh how insteresting? Something to theentire family to. Hey kids we aren't going to Disney but we are going to the Frozen Dead Guy Festival.

• Like 1

HerNibs

It's actually quite fun. Just silliness.

Look up Alfred Packer.

I love my state but it is a bit strange.

Nibs

• Like 1

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

It's actually quite fun. Just silliness.

Look up Alfred Packer.

I love my state but it is a bit strange.

Nibs

Yeah it seems like fun i must say....i'll have a look on the web now for him and thanks very much for the info.. :)

coldethyl

Pretty neat. Takes a bit of the fear out of death when you're having coffin races.

• Like 1

schizoidwoman

I heard about this via Hometown Tales; sounds like more fun than our local carnival!

• Like 1

MissMelsWell

Here in Seattle every summer we have the Dead Baby Downhill Race and block party. It's not what it sounds like though. The Dead Babies are a bicycle club for often unusual bikes. They get their name from the impaled dolls on the walls of a local cycle shop. haha. Quirky. LOL. And that's one damn fun block party too. haha.