Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death March ghosts of WW2

HollyDolly

The Daily Mail has a photograph taken by retired british Major John Tulloch, when he was in BorenoI that shows these ghostly figures,looking like skeletons walking in a line.They may be the ghosts of allied soldiers re-enacting the Sandakan Death March,which happend in the area where he took the phot.By The way, this photo was taken in broad day light.

The website is wwww.dailymail.co.uk It's so sad to think these poor men are endlessly walking and have no peace in death.

The photo is very eerie indeed.

I was looking at this earlier today. Here's the source link -

http://www.dailymail...route-took.html

However in the article it says -

It is thought the astonishing photographic illusion was caused by a the reflection of a patterned towel which was on the dashboard of the vehicle as he took the image.

The one thing i find is that is its a load of rubbish...it is disrespectful to see a silly fake photograph like that.. :hmm:

eta to clarify...ive toured (worked due to military)many old battle grounds and old concentration camps..they are quiet sombre places..which is as they should be..they do not need 'hunters' looking for a story..

Edited by ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Even if I believed in ghosts I can't imagine THOSE poor souls being tormented in such a way.......

I'd like to see the towel that supposedly caused the reflection. Seems like there's more to this picture than that. In my opinion the figures look a little too staged and "perfect" - you can make out quite a few details. Plus you rarely see ghost photos of skeletons, and most of them are highly questionable.

• Like 1

Looks like it's shot through plexiglass or something.

Thats pretty fake ..there are no ghosts in that picture.the guy have tryed a litte harder to fake a better picture lol

Not even good fake, not even good photoshop fake. Jeez, a ten year old with a box of Crayolas could have come out better.

• Like 1

The Daily Mail has a photograph.....

I pretty much stopped reading right there.

It's clearly a reflection on the windshield as it SAYS IN THE FREAKING ARTICLE.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Its good USA dropped the Nuclear bombs on Japan.The japanese deserved the bombings.Those cowards tortured a great grand uncle of one of my friends from the USA during WW2 and many other soldiers from the Allied forces.When in reality the japanese POW's captured by either the British or the Japanese were treated kindly.Hell if I was in President Harry Truman's shoes at that time I would have had Japan nuked completely out of existence.

Edited by deathlord9876
  • Like 1

My late Uncle Joe Zylstra fought the Japanese in the Phillipines in 1942 and was captured and spent a time in a pow camp before Filipino guerillas affected his release. He contacted malaria which he had for the rest of his too short life, spent three years in a vets rehabilitation centre and could not sleep unless he was full of whiskey-hence he became an alcoholic and died of liver failure back in 1976. He threw away his medals he was awarded and felt so strongly about japanese that when he saw a japanese descended american on the street he would cross to the other side to avoid them. I served two years in Japan and Okinawa and saw how fiece and fanatical the japanese soldiers fought on Okinawa-the more fanatical the nearer the allies came to the japanese mainland so I Know Harry S Trumann had Every right to drop those bombs as nothing else outside of a full invasion would have stopped the japanese military machine! Though I found ordinary japanese people very friendly and Nothing like their soldiers

• Like 2

Yes, this has been explained by different members here. You can clearly see this was taken through glass and as a result you're capturing this "ghost" image. The only mystery here is if it were purposely faked or if it was just terrible photography and naivety in such matters.

Its good USA dropped the Nuclear bombs on Japan.The japanese deserved the bombings.Those cowards tortured a great grand uncle of one of my friends from the USA during WW2 and many other soldiers from the Allied forces.When in reality the japanese POW's captured by either the British or the Japanese were treated kindly.Hell if I was in President Harry Truman's shoes at that time I would have had Japan nuked completely out of existence.

Your name suits you very well.

I wouldn't go as far to say it was good we dropped the atomic bomb on Japan but more the only choice. They would of not surrendered any other way, they brought it on themselves.

• Like 1