Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's a random thing that scares you?

Wookietim

I often get scared when i start asking myself silly questions like "what am i?" "am i real?" "what is this world we live in?" "is that real?" "what is life?"

"why does it seem that not a lot of people care about the answers to these questions?" " are they real?"

• Like 3

When you see something dart across a hall/road/TV screen/room and then if you have someone with you then you ask them, "Did you see that?" then they say either, "Nope!" or "See what?" Also, when you have shared an experience with someone or a group and then later when you bring it up, they look at you like you are crazy and say, "I don't remember that..."

• Like 2

When you see something dart across a hall/road/TV screen/room and then if you have someone with you then you ask them, "Did you see that?" then they say either, "Nope!" or "See what?" Also, when you have shared an experience with someone or a group and then later when you bring it up, they look at you like you are crazy and say, "I don't remember that..."

New car Mantis?

I hope its worth ditching the Plymouth for ;)

• Like 1

Huntsman spiders (or any spider. I live in Australia. The spiders here bash you up and steal your purse), Mike Whitney (former Australian cricketer. I think it's his hair.), Anthony Kiedis from the Chilli Peppers. (Something about his face terrifies me. If I was ever repressing some brutal and abusive memory from my childhood, I imagine that the villain would have his face.)

I work with crazy people, and violent people, and people "in crisis," and I'm not allowed to sedate them. I don't normally get scared of them. I've been assaulted so many times I've lost count, but I find most people, even unpredictable, violent, psychiatric people, are generally decent if you're patient and you have a sense of humour.

• Like 5

Huntsman spiders (or any spider. I live in Australia. The spiders here bash you up and steal your purse), Mike Whitney (former Australian cricketer. I think it's his hair.), Anthony Kiedis from the Chilli Peppers. (Something about his face terrifies me. If I was ever repressing some brutal and abusive memory from my childhood, I imagine that the villain would have his face.)

I work with crazy people, and violent people, and people "in crisis," and I'm not allowed to sedate them. I don't normally get scared of them. I've been assaulted so many times I've lost count, but I find most people, even unpredictable, violent, psychiatric people, are generally decent if you're patient and you have a sense of humour.

ugh - I hate spiders too. Living things should not be that creepy.

New car Mantis?

I hope its worth ditching the Plymouth for ;)

Haha, no way, a Superbird is really hard to beat! This is just a pic of what my Storm looks like. I'm on the look out for a Javelin or AMX so that will be my next picture.

• Like 1

Bats that fly overhead always p***in me off they fly so close to my head really fast i'm surprised they don't crash into my forehead always freakin me out gettin my heart racing out of the blue. :no:

I have a bad case of arachnipohbia and entomophobia. Basically, I'm scared of spiders and insects.

Also, I admit I'm a bit frightened about death. The thought of just not existing is hard to understand and frightening.

• Like 3

Left wingers scare the daylights out of me!

While debating with them its scary how a flaw in their argument can be pointed out only for them to delude it away. They have the ability to kangeroo court built into them.

I wonder how many died under Communism as a result of it.

Well there exists extremism, sometimes even in the form of fascism, on the far end of either wing, both are as bad as the other at the end of the day.

• Like 2

The dark, vampires (even though I know they are not real) I still tuck the covers around my neck at night, I've done it since I was a child. Out living my savings and very small children that just stare at you and don't say anything...

• Like 1

Meeting one of those possessed children who speak in a Devil voice would freak me right out. I know it's only Hollywood, but still.... it gives me the heeby-jeebies.

• Like 5

Meeting one of those possessed children who speak in a Devil voice would freak me right out. I know it's only Hollywood, but still.... it gives me the heeby-jeebies.

I'm a (old, pre-rehab) Stephen King fan and taught my 3 year old granddaughter how to say "I played with mommy, now I want to play with youuuuu" Cute and creepy all at once.

• Like 4

When I get an itch deep in my ear canal. Normally I'm not alarmist or panic-prone, but when that happens, my mind immediately starts questioning what has burrowed into my ear.

• Like 2

Of course creepy crawlies get me. But what really scares me is that Almost 50 percent of the US believe in Creationism and that a great number of people believe that vaccinations do more harm that good. Thats what really scares me

• Like 2

Worms..... i was forced to eat them as a child.. and had them shoved down my shirt and pants... don't you just love brothers (4 of them). Not to mention the smell that overtakes airlocks after it storms when worms die and rot in their glass coffins... phew!!!

Shame, that is terrible. You would probably freak out if you hear that I have about 100 silkworms at home! I Had more, but gave some away. I love them and normally keep 10 or so, so that I will have many again next year!

Open waters scare me. Seen that movie?

Imagine yourself drifting in the middle of the ocean. All you see is water and the terrible fear that there are thousands of "creatures" below you, which you cannot see. And then you feel something against your leg and another bump....You cannot get away, there is nowhere to go and to make things worse it's getting dark...and another bump... My throat is closing up, just thinking about this!

• Like 5

Highly,HIGHLY astraphobic.(fear of lightning and thunder).Don't know why.Been scared of lightning and thunder my whole life.I have panic attacks because of it.Seen doctors,talked with counselors,you name it.Nothing helps.I've studied it my whole life and still don't know what causes my fear.Not much scared of anything else.

• Like 1

Left wingers scare the daylights out of me!

While debating with them its scary how a flaw in their argument can be pointed out only for them to delude it away. They have the ability to kangeroo court built into them.

I wonder how many died under Communism as a result of it.

Yeah, we left wingers are scared of you, too. Especially of you.

• Like 5

Dolls that look lifelike. As a kid I never wanted lifelike dolls...I was afraid they'd come to life after my parents put me to bed. Actually, lifelike dolls still give me the creeps.

• Like 4

I don't like a lit room with a curtain-less window and it's dark outside. Creeps me out. Also, and I hate to say it, people with visible mental issues. Can't tell what will set them off.

I'm the same. Before I put a light on I always close the curtains. Can't stand that feeling that someone can see me and I cannot see them.

• Like 6

I often get scared when i start asking myself silly questions like "what am i?" "am i real?" "what is this world we live in?" "is that real?" "what is life?"

"why does it seem that not a lot of people care about the answers to these questions?" " are they real?"

I also feel like that sometimes. At times things just do not feel real. I will wonder if other people really exist when they are not with me-or are they only part of my 'imagination'.

• Like 3

Imagine yourself drifting in the middle of the ocean. All you see is water and the terrible fear that there are thousands of "creatures" below you, which you cannot see. And then you feel something against your leg and another bump....You cannot get away, there is nowhere to go and to make things worse it's getting dark...and another bump... My throat is closing up, just thinking about this!

I Saw that movie !! and Open water scares the ever loving p*** out of me. Plus me not bieng able to swim adds on to the stress I feel when Im near the ocean. Theres just way to many unkowns in the ocean that could be swimming below you, and forget it when it gets dark your gonna die you should just face it your gonna die.

• Like 3

I also feel like that sometimes. At times things just do not feel real. I will wonder if other people really exist when they are not with me-or are they only part of my 'imagination'.

Yeah its a wierd feeling because it gets to the point that you start questioning reality or if its all an illusion, at least thats how it is with me.

• Like 3

For some reason, though I know the ocean is much scarier, I cannot swim in small lakes (anything smaller then the great lakes), rivers or ponds. I don't even remember the last time I was in one. I can boat and canoe in them (thankfully I haven't tipped..yet), but no swimming.

The ocean, I'm cool with though. I could stay there all day.

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1