Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's a random thing that scares you?

Wookietim

One hilarious thing that startled me a few years ago. I was working in my crawlspace at night. There are small windows to the outside near ground level. As I moved my flashlight, I was shocked to see the frightening eyes of some terrifying creature peering at me through the window.

You guessed it: it was just a cat. He was attracted to the flashlight.

• Like 3

Being alone in the dark and knowing that the lights wont turn on if I try to turn them on. I think that is my biggest fear I often have nightmares about going into a room at dusk when it's still kinda dark outside and its dark inside the room than I go to turn a light on but there's no light. :(

• Like 2

This movie:

haute-tension.jpg

I will never make the mistake and watch that again...

I LOVE this movie over here in America its called High Tension, I thought it had a great twist at the end :tu::yes:

Someone I know say's horrors no longer scare her, thanks Mademoiselle de Lioncourt, I hope this does the trick because the reviews were not great. :)

Its called 'Switchblade Romance' over here in the UK but the un-dubbed French original is supposed to be the 'goriest' version...

the one was pretty got dang gory :nw: Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

the one was pretty got dang gory :nw:

Looking forward to it. :)

Great avatar R4z3rsPar4d0x, ancient spirits of evil....

Evil sick perverted people out for their own gain. :td:

• Like 1

I just recently saw scp: containment breach. Never played it, just saw gameplay videos, and the thing really has been creeping me out over the past few days, like I feel that I will turn around and it will be behind me... Lol

• Like 1

Earwigs. I don't trust them. They never got that name for no reason.

I had never seen one of those until this summer and they honestly freak me out more than spiders or anything like that. Bleh.

• Like 1

Dolls that look lifelike. As a kid I never wanted lifelike dolls...I was afraid they'd come to life after my parents put me to bed. Actually, lifelike dolls still give me the creeps.

I remember Triolgy of terror Amelia part 2 where this woman is terrorized by a Zuni fetish doll.

I've already said Marionettes....

When my house is all quite, and my dog SUDDENLY lets out an ear splitting bark because of something he may or may not have seen/heard/smelled somewhere within a 9 block radius....

that startles me.....and maybe it scares me that he'll do it again and one day cause me heart failure....

• Like 1

Indian call centers and now they have creepy american accents. :cry:

Yeah I got one the other day I couldnt understand a word WTF? :w00t:

I remember Triolgy of terror Amelia part 2 where this woman is terrorized by a Zuni fetish doll.

I saw that movie :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

earthquakes are a serious fear of mine. i'm a southerner and recently moved to western arizona and experienced my first earthquake a few weeks back. it was a teeny tiny quake, just remnants from a southern california quake, but it really freaked me out. the cabinet doors were flapping and dishes were rattling and it was just disturbing in so many ways.

is it actually choosing the president or is it the choices we have ( or don't have as the case may be?????)??

personally the choices on both sides are more scary than the process.

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 1

I dunno, old cartoons kinda creep me out. Maybe cause they remind me that they weren't old to me at one point of my life, it's weird seeing the physical evidence that time changes around you o_O

Statues. Especially at dusk. When I was 8 I saw an episode of Night Gallery starring Bill Bixby where a statue in his yard inexplicably kept moving closer and closer to the kitchen window. Finally getting him. And to this day, I don't trust statues. :)

• Like 1

/\ Reminds me of a harrowing scene from stephen king's novel The Shining, except it's creepy adventurous hedge animals that keep getting closer and closer to the protagonist :cry:

As odd as it sounds, space scares me.

• Like 2

As odd as it sounds, space scares me.

Me to man...me to

watching my basset hound ( My friend to the left) have seizures and being unable to do anything except keep him from biting himself while they are happening ( by sticking my moccosin between his jaws) That scares me.

• Like 1

Whenever I drink something out of a glass, I have to wrap climgfilm over the top, then stick a straw through. I am terrified of dust getting into my drink. And those tiny little hairs which float around in there... *shudder*

• Like 2