Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Problem with Magick

Blueogre2

I'm all for that, truly. I'd LOVE to see one of you sorcerer/mage type people on her do something. Could any of you make a youtube video showing some of your skills?

I'm all for that, truly. I'd LOVE to see one of you sorcerer/mage type people on her do something. Could any of you make a youtube video showing some of your skills?

There are lots of vids on YouTube already ,but if you're expecting harry potter kinds of instant stuff,that's not quite how it works.

There are lots of vids on YouTube already ,but if you're expecting harry potter kinds of instant stuff,that's not quite how it works.

Tell me more, can you at least levitate objects?

Aleister Crowley tried to invoke the devil himself . For some reason he was also titled the cruelest man in the world. I'm not certain if he did actually invoke Lucifer. Have you heard or read that Crowley and another man have performed a ritual at area 51? Yeah , they wanted to open a vortex for something to come through, something not so Holy. If it's true, I think they were out of their minds for doing that. From the pictures I've seen of him , he seems to have drastically changed, for instance, his eyes look as though he went mad or something over the years.

From what I have read of this Aleistar Crowley, he was a few eggs short of a quiche as was Gerald Gardner.

They had no interest in continuing nor reviving the "old" craft or anything but simply to invent their own religion which was a mish-mash of this and that. Accuracy was not a priority, their new "religion" was comprised of what suited them.

Little of what either man said was able to be verified or confirmed apparently. At least from what I gathered.

If Aleister was really sincere about his supposed knowledge of witchcraft and all then he'd have known that the "devil" plays no part in it. The "devil" is a Christian invention.......(as is everything else with every religion naturally)

From what I have read of this Aleistar Crowley, he was a few eggs short of a quiche as was Gerald Gardner.

They had no interest in continuing nor reviving the "old" craft or anything but simply to invent their own religion which was a mish-mash of this and that. Accuracy was not a priority, their new "religion" was comprised of what suited them.

Little of what either man said was able to be verified or confirmed apparently. At least from what I gathered.

If Aleister was really sincere about his supposed knowledge of witchcraft and all then he'd have known that the "devil" plays no part in it. The "devil" is a Christian invention.......(as is everything else with every religion naturally)

Gardner was a weird dude ,but far from nuts . He stole most wiccan constructs from stregheria ,which he learned while traveling extensively in Italy .

Wicca uses many stregha laws and ancient Roman ritual .

Crowley was a genius is many ways .

He was a kabbalah master ,long before LA opened their riduculous kabbalah center,and demi and Britney made it kewl to go .

He used ancient magic from the books of moses,and the goetia.

He had many black arts spells of his own creation .

How is this worse than a science fiction author starting his own religion .

At least oto and wicca have actual ancient roots .

Tell me more, can you at least levitate objects?

Oh gosh yeah,but only people who aren't obnoxious idiots can see it ,so.......

• Like 1

Oh gosh yeah,but only people who aren't obnoxious idiots can see it ,so.......

Show me your ways Dumbeldore.

Edited by Sean93
  • Like 1

Levitation is easy, using similar/ opposite polarity or charges including magnetic or static electricity. Eg i could do a video of me levitating a balloon by passing a "magic" wand over it. Any one who didnt know the simple science behind it would think it was magic. Especially if the fact that the wand was glass was concealed.

Edited by Mr Walker

Levitation is easy, using similar/ opposite polarity or charges including magnetic or static electricity. Eg i could do a video of me levitating a balloon by passing a "magic" wand over it. Any one who didnt know the simple science behind it would think it was magic. Especially if the fact that the wand was glass was concealed.

Yeah, I know that. But considering a few people on here claim to do magic (Whatever way you spell it), I'd like to see some of it in action, what kinds of magic is there? Black? White? Telekinetic etc?

Mr Walker, from reading some of you earlier posts and knowing you communicate with god and all that, do you believe/know that humans can use magic and if so, what kinds are there?...any dark evil stuff?

I agree about what you said , in saying that they wanted to make up their own religion or whatever. Um , I don't take the word devil as a red horned guy or anything, there's explainations of devil /satan in other cultures as well. The bible is clear enough about dark forces and divine forces so if anyone wants to say that's just a Christ thing than whatever, people who understand know there are both forces in the universe.

Edited by Reann

People who practice magick,don't do parlour tricks or school science projects ,and pass them off as magick ,is the problem with this.

We would never do it . It's ridiculous to us .

• Like 1

After years of practice I'm finally capable of magic. I can make my money dissappear, never to be seen again. And if you don't believe me, come drinking on the beach with me one night and I'll teach you how to do it. POOF!

• Like 2

People who practice magick,don't do parlour tricks or school science projects ,and pass them off as magick ,is the problem with this.

They go on internet forum's instead.

• Like 1

I don't know how true things are , but i don't think any of us can say that we don't practice spells or whatever ,I think we all do in some way , we just don't realize it .Maybe our intentions are something more real than the word "MAGIK".

I don't like witchcraft or the thought of asking assistence from any unseen entites other than what I know of Christ .I feel that something is very wrong with calling upon unseen entiites , other than Christ , the angels or God , because I know what Christ , God and the Holy angels stand for but who and what are these other entities that witches call on ?

I don't know how true things are , but i don't think any of us can say that we don't practice spells or whatever ,I think we all do in some way , we just don't realize it .Maybe our intentions are something more real than the word "MAGIK".

I don't like witchcraft or the thought of asking assistence from any unseen entites other than what I know of Christ .I feel that something is very wrong with calling upon unseen entiites , other than Christ , the angels or God , because I know what Christ , God and the Holy angels stand for but who and what are these other entities that witches call on ?

They are pretty much the same as christ god and the angels..

You see there is no perfect religion for the world.. The gods are very wise.. they know each man is different.. no one believes exactly the same as the person next to them.. Christianity is right for christians.. buddism for the buddists so on and so forth..

There is no one true god for everyone.. the god.. gods or in my case goddesses are the true ones for the person to believe in them..

now as for magic.. no.. I do not practice magic.. I'm not a wiccan.. I'm a pagan :) I leave the magic to my more gifted friends..

Do I believe in magic? yes.. I do.. like followers of the major faiths believe in the power of prayer.. its the same thing..

• Like 1

There is no problem with magic. it is a fantasy thing wizards do. witches they cast spells.

Greetings, forum. It has come to my attention that Magick, is a rather useless thing. I am not saying that it does not work. I do believe that it does but the effects seem to be rather unpredictable and limited in it's practicality. Furthermore their is the problem of negative spirits which every person who involves themselves in this practice eventually encounters. But I am interested in hearing what other people think

Magic is useless to you. This does not apply to all else but is simply an opinion and perspective. And the effects tend to be unpredictable when one has no concrete knowledge on the forces they are dealing with but this goes for many things even in the material world. And magic is only limited through the medium. For example, a person. Negative spirits involve themselves with everyone. I see them all the time within people's minds and attached to people's auras whether they are aware of it or not. To limit any sort of spiritual influence to those of the craft would be ignorant for we are spiritual by nature in human bodies as the vehicles. Thank you for hearing my own perspective.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know that. But considering a few people on here claim to do magic (Whatever way you spell it), I'd like to see some of it in action, what kinds of magic is there? Black? White? Telekinetic etc?

Mr Walker, from reading some of you earlier posts and knowing you communicate with god and all that, do you believe/know that humans can use magic and if so, what kinds are there?...any dark evil stuff?

I agree with one of arthur c clarkes' "laws"; that technology advanced beyonfd the abilty for the viewer to comprehend it is indistinguishable from magic.

There is magic in the world, also known as the paranormal or supernatural, or to some, religious/spiritual. It is rea,l measurable, observable, and not yet understood.

IMO and experience much of it comes via humans who access, consciously or subconsciously, a vast conciousness and entity i call the cosmic consciousness.

Modern humans know that energy and matter are alternative forms which can be manipulated. We are within a century of having total control of these forces. Almost every form of magic falls within this technology or skill; from esp, obeing, telekinesis clair voyance etc. Its reality is indisputable; its actual form and function not yet clearly known or understood.

i am fortunate not to have encountered any dark forces or energies except those which exist within myself, and which i have control over. To me magic, like technology, is a tool which can be used for destructive or creative purposes, as the user desires.

• Like 3

I was pointing out the form of magic called illusion.

All magic is, in a sense, the presence and application of real forces by a person who knows and understands them, to a person who does not.

The power/energy for these forces can come from within a person, from natural energies, or via the application of "technology" which enhances and assists the magic.

People are all different. Some do indeed perform parlour tricks and use magic for gain . Some probably use it for criminal intent. I use magic for good often to find lost or stolen objects, because that is who I am.

I agree that real, true, powerful magic is dangerous and feared by many. In my experience, having had some people physically run away from me if i demonstrated any "magic" abilities, this is why most real practioners do not make themselves obvious. In some places there is real religious prejudice against magic and yet christian religion is based on actual magic. The fear and anger once came from people who truly saw non christian magic as a competitor to religious magic.Today it is more a learned prejudice.

We used to burn "witches", now we may consult them at 100 bucks a time, but we still fear them.

IMO it is all the one power. It is the duality of human nature and the way we use this power which creates constructive and destructive outcomes. I have never encountered a dark power, I believe, because it does not exist outside my self. If I allowed the darkness within me to dominate, then the power of good which surrounds, and inhabits, and protects me, could become a power of evil.

That is why human choices for good evil etc are so important in reality, and in the christian faith. Give yourself to good, and goodness will surround and protect you. Give yourself to "evil" and evil will inhabit, empower, and consume you.

I was pointing out the form of magic called illusion.

All magic is, in a sense, the presence and application of real forces by a person who knows and understands them, to a person who does not.

The power/energy for these forces can come from within a person, from natural energies, or via the application of "technology" which enhances and assists the magic.

People are all different. Some do indeed perform parlour tricks and use magic for gain . Some probably use it for criminal intent. I use magic for good often to find lost or stolen objects, because that is who I am.

w

I agree that real, true, powerful magic is dangerous and feared by many. In my experience, having had some people physically run away from me if i demonstrated any "magic" abilities, this is why most real practioners do not make themselves obvious. In some places there is real religious prejudice against magic and yet christian religion is based on actual magic. The fear and anger once came from people who truly saw non christian magic as a competitor to religious magic.Today it is more a learned prejudice.

We used to burn "witches", now we may consult them at 100 bucks a time, but we still fear them.

I'm sorry Mr w. I wasn't disbaraging your comment. I was remarking because I'm weary of the distain of various foolish personalities on here.

Who obviously have no real interest ,but just wish to make obtuse comments .

• Like 1

Wow, I had forgotten all about this thread... Good to see such interest in the topic. Well my opinion has evolved somewhat from the time I made my original posts, I still think that magick is not very useful in a practical sense and yet potentially dangerous, but I feel like it is very possible to do with the help of spirits.

Edit: So you can't prove it, huh? Didn't think so.

Just stumbled upon this thread. I'm wondering: exactly how do you think Bluestar could prove it to you? It's not possible through this medium, is it? She says it happens, you say it doesn't ..... impasse.

I've noticed you doing this in other threads, the same tired old thoughtless response that is meaningless ...... time to up your game and refresh it!

Magick can be a way of life. Some breathe, eat and **** magick while others take it in various moderations. There will always be some that find it practical and some that don't.

Personally I do a lot spells simple and halfass, which don't produce clean results. Sometimes I am unable to see any results. You get what you put in. Sometimes you get results in very unexpecting ways.

As for it being dangerous, I find most people who say such are the ones who encounter things even seeing beings while practicing. I find most people don't experience this while a few do.

If such things make you feel unsafe and uneasy then either stop or deal. I myself stop for years because of what I would see and experience.

You see there is no perfect religion for the world.. The gods are very wise.. they know each man is different.. no one believes exactly the same as the person next to them.. Christianity is right for christians.. buddism for the buddists so on and so forth..

There is no one true god for everyone.. the god.. gods or in my case goddesses are the true ones for the person to believe in them..

now as for magic.. no.. I do not practice magic.. I'm not a wiccan.. I'm a pagan :) I leave the magic to my more gifted friends..

Do I believe in magic? yes.. I do.. like followers of the major faiths believe in the power of prayer.. its the same thing..

i get what you're saying , I personally believe in only one Supreme God source, a higher power , an intelligent creator which i can not explain other than what my heart reveals to me , I suppose that's where faith grows as well.

Now as for Christ , he was clear in his message, actions and purpose so I have to disagree with you about compiling Christ in with every other belief,known to man, he was clear about his place and purpose.

I don't just believe but i know that " As Christ taught" he never lied not one time ... there is no other name besides God himself that any witch or magician can call on that is more powerful than Christ. I especially take interest in the power of the keys that Christ taught..