Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream about Thor

Hellcat009

Last night while sleeping, I had a dream that I was building an altar to a divine being. I asked myself, “What do I give as an offering to Thor?” to which a voice said to me, “Wake up and you will find out.”

At this I wake up, and I’m immediately greeted my thunderous, deafening banging coming from within the four walls around me, the ceiling, and the floor. I thought it was knocking or maybe the pipes, but it was too loud to be either. I live in a single story home with no close neighbors either.

I have been visited by deities before, so let me ask you- would you count this as being visited by Thor or some other god? I’m not a big worshiper of the Norse gods, so I don’t know why Thor would make himself known to me other than the fact that he is associated with strength and protecting mankind, both of which I really need right now. Most gods won’t come to you unless you ask, so I’m just looking for opinions an advice on this occurrence. Thanks!

Edited by Hellcat009

Not Thor....just a ruse by Satan, who often visits people in the guise of Thor, Jimmy Swaggart, and Honey Boo Boo..

• Like 4

Dreaming about a god should not be considered as a visit by the god himself. we often dream about things which we consider to be disarable. and after the avengers, a lots of women are dreaming for a godly man. my girlfriend often dream about edward cullen thats why I hate robert pattinson so much OMG

• Like 1

Ummm, so what's the story on your avatar pic then?

You had a cool dream. The banging? Well you do live in a pretty active area seismologically speaking.

Recent seismic events in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area (USGS):

ABC7 only lists seismic activity of 2.0 or higher.

2.7 September 28, 2012 9:25 a.m. -- 2 miles east of Berkeley, CA

2.1 September 27, 2012 10:47 a.m. -- 2 miles northeast of The Geysers, CA

2.2 September 26, 2012 12:51 p.m. -- 3 miles north of The Geysers, CA

2.2 September 26, 2012 11:55 a.m. -- 7 miles southeast of Pinnacles, CA

2.3 September 26, 2012 11:41 a.m. -- 3 miles northwest of Aromas, CA

2.2 September 25, 2012 6:52 p.m. -- 5 miles northwest of The Geysers, CA

2.0 September 25, 2012 12:38 p.m. -- 8 miles southeast of Pinnacles, CA

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/feature?section=news/local&id=6264412

thor.jpg

• Like 2

I once had a dream about Johnny Bravo asking for me to 'provide offerings' to his 'altar' but I think he meant something different.

• Like 1

Not Thor....just a ruse by Satan, who often visits people in the guise of Thor, Jimmy Swaggart, and Honey Boo Boo..

aswcdawdbgvghbAEILRGVLGVBAEHRIGHAEIRHGVAEIURHhgbfdgtbrstghsoirj *dies laughing*

• Like 2

I once had a dream about Johnny Bravo asking for me to 'provide offerings' to his 'altar' but I think he meant something different.

Im behaving....

• Like 1

Last night while sleeping, I had a dream that I was building an altar to a divine being. I asked myself, “What do I give as an offering to Thor?” to which a voice said to me, “Wake up and you will find out.”

At this I wake up, and I’m immediately greeted my thunderous, deafening banging coming from within the four walls around me, the ceiling, and the floor. I thought it was knocking or maybe the pipes, but it was too loud to be either. I live in a single story home with no close neighbors either.

I have been visited by deities before, so let me ask you- would you count this as being visited by Thor or some other god? I’m not a big worshiper of the Norse gods, so I don’t know why Thor would make himself known to me other than the fact that he is associated with strength and protecting mankind, both of which I really need right now. Most gods won’t come to you unless you ask, so I’m just looking for opinions an advice on this occurrence. Thanks!

Nice dream. I would ask you to do the analysis... Then I will have more of a comment. Quick question, what happened right after all the thundering and loud noises?... Details please?

Ummm, so what's the story on your avatar pic then?

You had a cool dream. The banging? Well you do live in a pretty active area seismologically speaking.

Recent seismic events in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area (USGS):

ABC7 only lists seismic activity of 2.0 or higher.

2.7 September 28, 2012 9:25 a.m. -- 2 miles east of Berkeley, CA

2.1 September 27, 2012 10:47 a.m. -- 2 miles northeast of The Geysers, CA

2.2 September 26, 2012 12:51 p.m. -- 3 miles north of The Geysers, CA

2.2 September 26, 2012 11:55 a.m. -- 7 miles southeast of Pinnacles, CA

2.3 September 26, 2012 11:41 a.m. -- 3 miles northwest of Aromas, CA

2.2 September 25, 2012 6:52 p.m. -- 5 miles northwest of The Geysers, CA

2.0 September 25, 2012 12:38 p.m. -- 8 miles southeast of Pinnacles, CA

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=6264412

I don't know if you've experienced living in earthquake heavy areas, but the quakes we can actually feel are extremely few and far between. Despite all the constant small activity like you've posted above, a quake we would notice takes a lot more. I also live in that same area, a 10 minute drive on the freeway from Berkeley, and its fault line. I haven't noticed an earthquake here in at least a year.

It was a dream.

The end.

It was a dream made by your mind without your conscious guidance on what it's to think about.

The end?

Okay, if you aren't into picking your own brain to see why it does the things it does without your control. I guess your story ends before that chapter.

It was a dream made by your mind without your conscious guidance on what it's to think about.

The end?

Okay, if you aren't into picking your own brain to see why it does the things it does without your control. I guess your story ends before that chapter.

So you believe the OP when she says that she has been visited by deities in her dreams? Actual deities, not dreams. Because that's what I was referring to.

I never commented on dreams or why the brain has them. Why don't you review the content of the posts before inserting your attempts at condescension?

• Like 1

I don't know if you've experienced living in earthquake heavy areas, but the quakes we can actually feel are extremely few and far between. Despite all the constant small activity like you've posted above, a quake we would notice takes a lot more. I also live in that same area, a 10 minute drive on the freeway from Berkeley, and its fault line. I haven't noticed an earthquake here in at least a year.

I've never oersonally experienced an earthquake or tremor.

But seismic activity seemed a likely candidate.

The other possibilty is as Imaginary#1 said, it was all a dream and the apparent waking to banging was some integral part in a false awakening sort of way.

I think it's "unlikely" that it was Thor banging around with Mjolnir.

• Like 1

Ragnarok is at hand perhaps?

To the OP: Thor supposedly was a friend to the ladies, so I have a pretty good idea what you could possibly offer. lol

NEW_THOR.jpg

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

So you believe the OP when she says that she has been visited by deities in her dreams? Actual deities, not dreams. Because that's what I was referring to.

I never commented on dreams or why the brain has them. Why don't you review the content of the posts before inserting your attempts at condescension?

I believe what people might call deities are a part of our mind, so yeah, I believe her. Not the end for me, but the beginning.

I've never oersonally experienced an earthquake or tremor.

But seismic activity seemed a likely candidate.

The thing is earthquakes are almost completely silent (except catastrophic ones I'd assume). Which makes them so creepy and exciting. All of a sudden you'll feel a silent, powerful rumble underneath you. Then a few seconds after it stops, you realize what it was. There could be a good reason for the banging, but earthquake isn't the one.

• Like 1

I'm a Pagan and I'm a witch, so I DO believe that sometimes gods or goddesses can come to you. Other people asserting that it wasn't some being obviously don't understand where I am coming from.

After the noises I got up and checked the house to see if there was anyone else here who could have done something, and there was no one here. Earth quakes don't usually make noises that sound like banging and hammering, and it would have to be a large earth quake to even be heard or felt, which I didn't, and nothing in the house was broken.

The god of thunder, goes to a singles bar and ends up spending the night with a beautiful woman. They engage is some horizontal plundering many times, all night long. The next morning, he decides to reveal his true identity: "I'm Thor!"

The woman replies: "You're Thor?! I'm tho thor I can hardly pith!"

The thing is earthquakes are almost completely silent (except catastrophic ones I'd assume). Which makes them so creepy and exciting. All of a sudden you'll feel a silent, powerful rumble underneath you. Then a few seconds after it stops, you realize what it was. There could be a good reason for the banging, but earthquake isn't the one.

Agree..

And I'm speaking from experiance here.. one as low as 2-3 can rumble if you are close enough to the epicenter, & if it's shallow enough.. The further away you are the more swaying you get & less or no rumble at all. Never heard of one banging.. that imo is something else..

Edited by Professor T

The god of thunder, goes to a singles bar and ends up spending the night with a beautiful woman. They engage is some horizontal plundering many times, all night long. The next morning, he decides to reveal his true identity: "I'm Thor!"

The woman replies: "You're Thor?! I'm tho thor I can hardly pith!"

Zing!