Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Summoned ghosts

Big Bad Voodoo

Hi UMers,

I wondered do we have any evidence that Ghosts exists. I remembered that all Christians belive in Holy Ghosts. But does Ghosts exists you know kind like japanese Shinigami,Reapers, white lady in haunted house or swamp. And many people believe in haunted houses, haunted people,rituals of invoking ghosts, witchcraft, pagan ghosts, occult magic, communication with dead, ouija board, automatic writing, esoteric channeling, poltergeists.

I done little researh and found two realy amazing cases/questions.

1.Is Florence Cook and his called ghost Catie King. From wiki:

Cook was a teenage girl who started to claim mediumistic abilities in 1870 and in 1871-2 she developed her abilities under the established mediums Frank Herne and Charles Williams. The spirit was said to have appeared first between 1871 and 1874 in séances conducted by Florence Cook in London, and later in 1874-1875 in New York in séances held by the mediums Jennie Holmes and her husband Nelson Holmes. Between 1871 and 1874, Sir William Crookes investigated the preternatural phenomena produced by Spiritualist mediums. He described the conditions he imposed on mediums as follows: "It must be at my own house, and my own selection of friends and spectators, under my own conditions, and I may do whatever I like as regards apparatus" (Doyle 1926: volume 1, 177).

A 15 year old Cook, alone in Crookes' house with Crookes' friends and family as witnesses, was said to have materialized the spirit of Katie King, who walked about, talked, allowed herself to be weighed and measured, and even held the family's baby (Doyle 1926: volume 1, 241). On one occasion, at a joint seance in Croookes's home in March 1874, Katie King was seen in in company with "Florence Maple", a spirit materialised by the medium Mary Showers who was exposed as a fraud shortly thereafter. Katie was always taller than Florence Cook, with a larger face, and different hair and skin. According to those present, the two were both visible at the same moments, so that Florence could not have assumed the role of the spirit (Doyle 1926: volume 1, 235-240).

The final appearances of Katie King in connection with Florence Cook took place in April and May 1874 at the Cook family home in Hackney. The audiences were invited to sit in a parlour opening onto a bedroom, in which Florence would start her trance. After some time Katie King would emerge. At some point the audience would be shown a figure, apparently Florence, lying on the floor of the bedroom with her head covered by a shawl while Katie King was still visible in the parlour. A number of the witnesses, such as Edward W. Cox, recorded their doubts about the proceedings, while others claimed that they had seen the two clearly, such as Crookes and Florence Marryat, who claimed that she had seen Katie naked in Florence's company

Was that Ectoplasm? Can our will press matter??? What about Crookes house experiment?

Ectoplasm (from the Greek ektos, meaning "outside", and plasma, meaning "something formed or molded") is a term coined by Charles Richet to denote a substance or spiritual energy "exteriorized" by physical mediums.[2] Ectoplasm is said to be associated with the formation of spirits.

2. Another case is even more interesting to me. I read a lot about history in genreal and I was stumble upon Irish,Nobel prize winner,19 century poet Yeats.

He was interested in myths,magic,mystichal. He joined in magical orders. One of them was Gold dawn. Inspired by Egypt ,eatern philosophy. Its interesting that Golden Dawn was founded by Freemasons. Yeats believe its possible to communicate with dead. During the first years of his marriage, he and George experimented with automatic writing and George contacted a variety of spirits and guides they called "Instructors." The spirits communicated a complex and esoteric system of characters and history, which the couple developed during experiments with the circumstances of trance and the exposition of phases, cones, and gyres.

She saw unssen forces. She used to say ask me a question and I will gave you answer. Yeats ask her why are you here?

We are here to bring you metaphor for peotry and guess what they delivered it.

Although we say that he is author of his poems in fact his wife as medium gave him metaphor for peotry.

Here are some of his songs which „Ghosts“ recite them.

http://www.poemhunter.com/william-butler-yeats/poems/

tell me what do you think on those two cases.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

I think some people can see ghosts and others can't. Why I don't know. I saw one a few years ago and I could only see her if I used my peripheral vision.

The stories were interesting, thanks for posting.

• Like 1

I think some people can see ghosts and others can't. Why I don't know. I saw one a few years ago and I could only see her if I used my peripheral vision.

The stories were interesting, thanks for posting.

It was my pleasure. Personally Im stuned with Yeats story. But Crookes house experiment was interesting too.

Do you want to share your expirience?

Do you belive in ectoplam?Can our will press matter?

Edited by the L

I've Heard About The Florence Cook Story Lots Of Times .. Very Interesting Indeed ..

I Believe It Was A Projection Of Her Own State, Feelings And Mind ..

I Believe Everyone Is Capable Of Doing It .. And That's When People Start Seeing Ghosts, Experiencing Poltergeist Activities, And Are Possessed By Demons ..

Only Some People Do It Easily, Without Even Trying And Are Naturals, And Some Never See A Ghost In Their Entire Lives ..

Our Mind Is A Powerful Tool ..

I've Heard About The Florence Cook Story Lots Of Times .. Very Interesting Indeed ..

I Believe It Was A Projection Of Her Own State, Feelings And Mind ..

I Believe Everyone Is Capable Of Doing It .. And That's When People Start Seeing Ghosts, Experiencing Poltergeist Activities, And Are Possessed By Demons ..

Only Some People Do It Easily, Without Even Trying And Are Naturals, And Some Never See A Ghost In Their Entire Lives ..

Our Mind Is A Powerful Tool ..

You think that our mind project our image...like holographic idea or that our will realy press matter and so that ghost can be touched?

I read once how one para-psychologists think that our mind can illustrate our thoughts on world we live in. Such as crop cirles. He thinks thats our message. Our inner being project our thoughts on Crop cirlces with power of mind.

Nin,

what do you say about nobel Yeats and ghosts from Occult society established by freemasons?

You think that our mind project our image...like holographic idea or that our will realy press matter and so that ghost can be touched?

I read once how one para-psychologists think that our mind can illustrate our thoughts on world we live in. Such as crop cirles. He thinks thats our message. Our inner being project our thoughts on Crop cirlces with power of mind.

Yepp, Something Of The Sort .. Especially With Poltergeist Activity For Example .. You Know, Objects That Move And Stuff ..

I Believe That We Are Subconciously Responsible For That ..

For Example, If A Person Doesn't Know How To Channel Their Frustrations, Stress, Problems And Stuff In A Healthy Way, The Accumulation Of Those Could Be Projected On The Outside World Causing Inexplicable Things To Happen ..

I Don't See Why Wouldn't It All Be Connected ..

Now Don't Get Me Wrong .. I'm Not Implying That Anyone With Problems Can Create A Poltergeist Or Ghost .. I'm Just Saying That It Might Be Possible That Some People Are More Sensitive And More "Talented" For Such Things .. Why And How I Don't Know ..

And About Yeats .. I'm A Professor Of English Literature, And Yeats Has Always Been One Of My Favourite Poets ..So Mysterious, Brilliant, Smart And Captivating :)

However, His "Instructors" IMO, Is His Own Subconciousness .. I See It Something Like The Ouiji Board, Which Is Said To Be Moving Via Our Subconcious Mind Power, Which Then Becomes A Tool For Channeling Spirits From The Other Side, When In Fact It Is Always Us Doing All The Work Unknowingly ..

The Fact That He Was A Member Of Some Occult Orders, Doesn't Play A Part At All IMO .. It Just Adds To The Mystery :)

There is another case i believe about a lord Phillips. Created and manifested from scratch. Right brainers see things often from suggestion.

As for do they really. I can only speak for me as a long time investigator. Yes.

As for you. Go out and find out first hand.

There is another case i believe about a lord Phillips. Created and manifested from scratch. Right brainers see things often from suggestion.

As for do they really. I can only speak for me as a long time investigator. Yes.

As for you. Go out and find out first hand.

Well everyone claims hoax now ,but it is quite notable,that humans have seen ghosts for centuries .It's why we have ghost stories ,some written by very famous ,respected writers .

And do not forget, there are photos of ghosts, so old,you couldn't add the hoax .Most of those photos are very famous .

It's only we the faithful who are misguided .The thousands before us are just ....not credible .Lol