Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sands Of Sorrow (1950)

buckskin scout

You keep talking about this as if it matters. They are in the land. They - short of being exterminated by their neighbors - will remain forever in the land. You have chosen who you support - as have I. Time will tell who is right.

Yeah, squatting on Palestinian land.

Imperialism

Colonialism

Nationalism

Fascism

Occupation

Apartheid

I wonder if anyone persons besides the Jews had committed these acts and followed precisely this same history, crossed every "t" and dotted every "i", would you defend them?

That is someone reclaimed their homelands after nearly 2000 years of absence. Would you defend them? Or would you be outraged?

And the peoples that lived on that land in their nearly 2000 year absense, had no right to keep their land? Or put up a resistance?

Lets remove the Bible rhetoric out of the equation a moment. Answer honestly.

Yeah, squatting on Palestinian land.

Imperialism

Colonialism

Nationalism

Fascism

Occupation

Apartheid

I wonder if anyone persons besides the Jews had committed these acts and followed precisely this same history, crossed every "t" and dotted every "i", would you defend them?

That is someone reclaimed their homelands after nearly 2000 years of absence. Would you defend them? Or would you be outraged?

And the peoples that lived on that land in their nearly 2000 year absense, had no right to keep their land? Or put up a resistance?

Lets remove the Bible rhetoric out of the equation a moment. Answer honestly.

What part of "Christian Zionist" as a description of my beliefs do you not understand? Of course the displaced people can put up a resistance. It doesn't mean they will succeed. The Canaanites were pretty much slaughtered to a man woman and child when Israel first descended on the land. Hey Bug..... I don't make the rules...I just follow them. I believe there is a Creator with a plan and since things seem to be eerily coming to fruition within the span of my life it makes me eager to be on the correct team at this particular juncture. You seem hell bent (pardon the pun) to disavow what God Himself has said will happen. I try to live my life based on that "rhetoric" so I can't set it aside. Ultimately it's the only thing that should really matter to any of us.

What part of "Christian Zionist" as a description of my beliefs do you not understand? Of course the displaced people can put up a resistance. It doesn't mean they will succeed. The Canaanites were pretty much slaughtered to a man woman and child when Israel first descended on the land. Hey Bug..... I don't make the rules...I just follow them. I believe there is a Creator with a plan and since things seem to be eerily coming to fruition within the span of my life it makes me eager to be on the correct team at this particular juncture. You seem hell bent (pardon the pun) to disavow what God Himself has said will happen. I try to live my life based on that "rhetoric" so I can't set it aside. Ultimately it's the only thing that should really matter to any of us.

And what if there is no Israel in 100 years and the Messiah still hasnt returned?

And what about the subject of following the teachings of Christ?

I believe sincerely that God demands justice from all of us including the Jews, and never turn a blind eye to injustice, give voice to the oppressed, etc.

And what if there is no Israel in 100 years and the Messiah still hasnt returned?

And what about the subject of following the teachings of Christ?

I believe sincerely that God demands justice from all of us including the Jews, and never turn a blind eye to injustice, give voice to the oppressed, etc.

Then obviously I will have been wrong. It happens to us humans from time to time. But I sincerely believe that He is going to return soon. I agree that we are held accountable for our actions. I do not believe that supporting Israel (per His word) is a negative thing. My God man, is it not a sufficient judgment in your mind that 2/3 of all Israel will perish for their sins? Don't you realize that it appears that you are setting yourself up as judge over God's people? I would tremble over the judgment you are readying for yourself.

Then obviously I will have been wrong. It happens to us humans from time to time. But I sincerely believe that He is going to return soon. I agree that we are held accountable for our actions. I do not believe that supporting Israel (per His word) is a negative thing. My God man, is it not a sufficient judgment in your mind that 2/3 of all Israel will perish for their sins? Don't you realize that it appears that you are setting yourself up as judge over God's people? I would tremble over the judgment you are readying for yourself.

Are you suggesting that Israel deserves a free pass and universal blind eye? It's okay, they're God's people.

Yet that same book says God is no respecter of persons... what about Romans 2:10-12 or Colossians 3:23-25?

Edited by Ambush Bug

Are you suggesting that Israel deserves a free pass and universal blind eye? It's okay, they're God's people.

Yet that same book says God is no respecter of persons... what about Romans 2:10-12 or Colossians 3:23-25?

Not at all. I'm saying they WILL BE JUDGED. God says so in His word. Why is it that you and others think you are more righteous than He is? Can't you accept that there are things about His plan that we aren't meant to understand at this point? I think not. I think you feel that your morality supercedes all and that is just arrogance in my opinion.

I figure to be jumped over this question but I simply must ask. If there is such destitution and poverty in the Gaza...where is all this money for inflated priced merchandise coming from? These are significant amounts of cash that someone is spending yes?

I am not sure, aid from other countries, remittance, UNHCR, local economy revenue....? Anyway, 150,000$/day/tunnel is not a mean income and there are hundreds of them!

Not at all. I'm saying they WILL BE JUDGED. God says so in His word. Why is it that you and others think you are more righteous than He is? Can't you accept that there are things about His plan that we aren't meant to understand at this point? I think not. I think you feel that your morality supercedes all and that is just arrogance in my opinion.

The problem is that I , and others, do not believe in god, hence letting what I consider a fictional entity judge them doesn't work for me.

The problem is that I , and others, do not believe in god, hence letting what I consider a fictional entity judge them doesn't work for me.

Especially when it concerns global politics.

A good period documentary. I can see where nothing was rehearsed but there were a few scenes that were staged. There was a bit of dishonesty here. The Palestinian was a collection of semi nomadic Arab tribes so of course, they live in tents. Something else overlooked in the film was the period in which it was filmed. At that time, the world was still recovering from war. You could have gone to almost any spot in the world and see the same conditions. Populations were still displaced. The difference being that the Palestinian predicament (sorrow) was self inflicted. Jews were initially willing to share Israel as equals but as it still is in many Muslim nations, non Muslim religions cannot hold equal status with Allah and therefore the Mufti of Jerusalem told them to reject Israeli equality. If the Palestinian had ignored the command to fight the Jews, we wouldn’t have the issues we do today. There wouldn’t be a two-state solution; it would have been a dual-state solution. I blame the same mindset that enables radicals to create insurrection over a stupid movie because the religion is not mature enough to handle ridicule of their Prophet.

Then take the bit in your teeth and get after them, man! I only speak of what I believe. I realize it's a minority opinion. Bug seems to be on a crusade to educate everyone about how horrible life is for people who actually have it better than probably a third of the world's population. His focus of course is the evil done by the 6 million Jews living in Israel. Or maybe it's just the top 5% or something...I'm never really sure who he blames. Point is his anger is focused on something he is powerless to change.

I dont understand how you can have the attitude "Let the jews do as they please. God will sort them out in the afterlife. Its all part of gods plan," yet when it comes to Iran, you feel that something should be done...

I dont understand how you can have the attitude "Let the jews do as they please. God will sort them out in the afterlife. Its all part of gods plan," yet when it comes to Iran, you feel that something should be done...

Ultimately it's all going to come out as it should for everyone. But my issue is related to the FACT that Israel has not threatened to remove another nation from the face of the earth. Iran, sadly, has done so many times. What they do with a nuke once they acquire it will not be good for the stability of the world and only a fool would assume it to be so. But just because the world is irrevocably headed for mass chaos and unbelieveable death on a scale unknown does not mean we should want to hasten it through stupidity. And as I said before - if you are truly, deeply offended by what is being done in Israel then work to see them removed from the equation. Pick a side and take a stand. Edited by and then

You're right, they haven't threatened to remove another nation.

Palestine after all is neither threatened with being removed, or legally a nation.

You're right, they haven't threatened to remove another nation.

Palestine after all is neither threatened with being removed, or legally a nation.

Just so. And Palestine/Palestinians are not actively working on nuclear weapons technology while enriching uranium.

No, I am stating dispossession and population transfers is bull. Have you ever thought that the State of Israel is not part of God's plan and that it is destined to end?

That if or when the messiah comes, he will be diplomatic and peaceful, that Arab and Jew will work together, in fairness and justice. There will be no robbery or conflict. Restore the Arab Jew brotherhood that existed in Palestine before the Zionists screwed everything up.

Why do you believe God will take any side in this issue? Certainly, God would not support or hold up a corrupt system, do you believe?