Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coincidence or Creepy Phenomena?

coriverson

I met whom I would consider as a star cross lover ten years ago I was 22 and she was 18 so it was kind of funny that we choose "Tie yellow ribbon round the old oak tree" to be our song. There are two events that have happened that make me wonder if these are coincidences or something strange. First when I hadn't seen her for about 3 years, I was listening to the radio and heard "I just called to say I love". I was thinking if the next song is "Tie yellow ribbon round the old oak tree" then her and I would go on a date again. The very next song was "Tie yellow ribbon round the old oak tree" and I was freaked out. Sure enough a few months later we went on a date. But there's always something against her and I being able to date normally, so I gave up dating her and lost all track of her. Anyhow it was leading up to what would be the 10 years since we first started dating. I was feeling a bit depressed thinking where'd the 10 those ten years go, how things might be different if we would've had a normal relationship. On the exact ten year date I was watching tv show 'password Plus' and it had two clues and immediately I knew the answer was "Tie yellow ribbon round the old oak tree". Once again I was freaked out of all days on the exact date we picked the song 10 years ago. Is it merely coincidence or some creepy phenomena?

Sixth Sense maybe,these things happen to me,and I dont really believe in coincidence,the odds are too great.

I forget what it's called, but it's something to do with your brain noticing something happen that you had recently thought of. You brain doesn't notice all the thousands of other things you thought about but didn't happen.

I used to think about this as a kid a lot. Then I looked it up when the internet came out haha. Apparently you feel it a lot more as a child, when you are constantly thinking and doing something new everyday. As an adult you get stuck in the boring weekly cycle. :(

Edited by DKO

I don't believe there are such things as coincidences. Everything happens for a reason.

These kinds of things happen to me as well here and there. I think they happen because there is something we should know or figure out, or maybe it is just a warning.

I hope you and the girl will get together and be happy no matter what :)

• Like 1

people think what they see is all they're getting..

..it's difficult to describe this, like that scene in the matrix where Neo sees everything as 1's and 0's.. if you start to fathom that everything is essentially energy... that means *everything* .... numbers... letters... songs...

and you start to understand how some of these...energies... travel together... at times... (umm, a conflux?)

..that's why it starts to appear as a pattern, or an event with some significance..

yeah well, i hope this made sense to someone O_o