Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your state's weirdest unexplained phenomenon

notoverrated

mine is kansas so ill post the story for that

KANSAS -- GATEWAY TO HELL

The small town of Stull, Kansas, has a notorious reputation. It is said that its small cemetery, and a place halfway around the world in India, are the only two spots on Earth where Satan appears in person, having been materializing there since the 1850s. The evidence? Visitors to the Stull Cemetery tell of being assaulted by a strong wind that fixes them to the ground, temporary paralyzing them. Interestingly, the town's name was changed from Skull to cover its association with black magic.

here is the link :

http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/paranormal/unnatural-phenomenon/gallery.all.html

Edited by Still Waters
Fixed link
  • Like 1

Queensland (Australia):

Who actually elected Campbell Newman :cry:

Less flippantly, it'd have to be the Gypmie Pyramid. http://en.wikipedia..../Gympie_Pyramid

Queensland (Australia):

Gympie Pyramid??? Really???

What about he Cootharaba Ruins? They are terribly mysterious:

cootharabaruins.png

Wednesday, 3rd. September, 1862

“I make further note that on this journey, we passed by the place near to the river where it joins the lake as shown to us on the last expedition by the Dhilumi Clan of the strange rock ruins and ...(unclear)... and I ventured then to visit the small ceremonial Dhurs at the place of the rock columns and ruins. It was an eerie place, but somewhat beautiful as the point jutted out into the lake, taking view of all directions, I make observation that no similar placement of rings were seen at the stone structure in the Valley of Wolvi. I refrained from entering the ancient site of the rings for I knew them to be special - I took to view the place and further observe the strange stone structures”.

http://qld.host22.co...of-Dhamury.html

• Like 1

arkansas..skunk ape okay realy there is several that mostly have to do with the ozarks and around hot springs national park areas

Walker - Gympie's the first one tha leapt to mind, and is "just up the road" from me. Never heard of the Coothaba before.

Walker - Gympie's the first one tha leapt to mind, and is "just up the road" from me. Never heard of the Coothaba before.

I've never heard of it ( the ruins, not the lake) either, but the idea it slips out of sight after an earthquake right before the eyes of the explorer is a little hard to digest, imo.

Edited by Habitat

I encourage you to get your teeth into it. Apparently, there is also a pyramid under the silt at Lake Cootharaba which is a doorway to Andromeda. It is terribly mysterious...

I've never heard of it ( the ruins, not the lake) either, but the idea it slips out of sight after an earthquake right before the eyes of the explorer is a little hard to digest, imo.

The earthquakes are quoted in a Government report:

In comparison to the time-scale of geological processes, the recorded history of earthquake activity in Queensland is too brief to obtain an accurate estimate of the true rate of earthquake activity in the area. According to Rynn (1987) the first earthquake report for Queensland was from Cape York Peninsula in 1866. However, recent research indicates that apparently there were significant earthquakes in 1861 and 1862.

http://www.ga.gov.au...es/reports.html

It is all terribly mysterious...

Edited by Night Walker

Come visit the Oregon Vortex!

The fat cats in Washington want you to think it's just a bunch of optical illusions and magnets buried in the ground, but the people in the know are certain it's a hole into another universe where our laws of physics don't apply! Who are you going to believe? A bunch of eggheads or your never-lying eyes?

While visiting Southern Oregon be sure to also visit... oh I guess that's all we have down there.

• Like 1

*rolls eyes at the only entry listed for Louisiana on the OP's link*

I'll look up something in my Weird Louisiana book and get back with you on this. ;)

• Like 1

Not sure about the state I live in now (Washington) but the one I grew up in (Pennsylvania) has a pretty famous one : Kecksburg and it's "UFO Crash"...

Coral Castle. Also the fact that people choose to vacation in the middle of the state during the late summer months.

• Like 2

Ok, here in South Carolina we had a guy who was having sex with a horse. He got sent to jail, horse complained she hasn't gotten a card, letter or phone call from him since.

No, not a big mystery, but what a love story, eh?

• Like 1

New York's is interesting. I'll have to look that up.

Ok, here in South Carolina we had a guy who was having sex with a horse. He got sent to jail, horse complained she hasn't gotten a card, letter or phone call from him since.

No, not a big mystery, but what a love story, eh?

Just say neigh...

• Like 1

Im not sure if the honor goes to my state of NY or if Jersey should get the honor....but

weirdest unexplained phenomenon - Donald Trumps's hair.

cn_image_0.size.trump.jpg

2nd place to Eli Mannings hair.

Eli+Manning+2012+ESPY+Awards+Backstage+Audience+svOZFYWmqj4l.jpg

How two rich guys living in the fashion capitol of the east coast can have such bad hair/wigs is something I can't explain or comprehend.

Edited by The Mule

Im not sure if the honor goes to my state of NY or if Jersey should get the honor....but

This is a comb-over under a comb-forward and a comb-back! His hair must be two feet long to make all those turns!

• Like 1

While this is a very vague question prone to the discression of the poster.. i would have to say the Ohio Grassman. THough i would wager that it is nothing more than an out of place creature such as a baboon... I do recall reading somewhere that there was a baboon skull found in the vicinity of the are in which the alleged grassman was sighted... and as of late.. Ohio is known to be home to ALL sorts of exotic animals.

Just say neigh...

Yeah, he'd have kissed her but her breath smelled too much like sweet feed.

• Like 1

2nd place to Eli Mannings hair.

Eli+Manning+2012+ESPY+Awards+Backstage+Audience+svOZFYWmqj4l.jpg

How two rich guys living in the fashion capitol of the east coast can have such bad hair/wigs is something I can't explain or comprehend.

In Eli's case, I honestly can't tell if that's just bad hair or a bad toupee. Peyton was almost bald when he finished up at Tennessee.

Edited by keninsc

Newfoundland. Well...we've got loads of sea monster reports (for the obvious reason on being on an island), plus some ghost stories and a few globsters, most of which have been identified.

• Like 1