Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU referendum: Pundits mull future without Br

keithisco

EU referendum: Pundits mull future without Britain

"British Prime Minister David Cameron's remarks at the end of Juneon a possible referendum on his country's relationship with the European Union have prompted pundits elsewhere in Europe to consider the possibility of the UK leaving the bloc altogether.

Opinions vary on how likely or desirable this is. Some would like Britain to stay in the EU, others consider that the country's eventual departure is all but inevitable, and a third group would positively welcome such a development."

Time for the UK to leave the EU... Adios, Hasta Lluego, no tears

Link to article (thanks to BBC) http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-19742182

Edited by keithisco

That the three groups existed was hardly news, news would be that somebody quantifies how many really want Britain to stay in.

Adios, Hasta Lluego,

titanic224.jpg

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

EU referendum: Pundits mull future without Britain

"British Prime Minister David Cameron's remarks at the end of Juneon a possible referendum on his country's relationship with the European Union have prompted pundits elsewhere in Europe to consider the possibility of the UK leaving the bloc altogether.

Opinions vary on how likely or desirable this is. Some would like Britain to stay in the EU, others consider that the country's eventual departure is all but inevitable, and a third group would positively welcome such a development."

Time for the UK to leave the EU... Adios, Hasta Lluego, no tears

Link to article (thanks to BBC) http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-19742182

Nope, none from this end.

Read this on the BBC website :-

Labour leader Ed Miliband's close ally Jon Cruddas said last week that the policy review he is chairing would look at the case for an in/out referendum.

But former leader Lord Kinnock described such a vote on Europe as "a gigantic distraction (which) would disable political and economic activity in the rest of the EU".

Now I wonder why Mr Kinnock would say that. :whistle:

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Quite a lot of Countries happily survive without having the strain and worry of Europe to contend with.I reckon most Brits are sick of coming to their rescue,every few years.

Quite a lot of Countries happily survive without having the strain and worry of Europe to contend with.I reckon most Brits are sick of coming to their rescue,every few years.

Is this a rhetorical rescue you speak of ?

Can you explain when and how that actually happened.

Br Cornelius

to be honest i hope britain doesnt leave the eu i hope they kick us out and start charging leveys on anything we import or export to/from them .after all after all the abuse we give europe im sure quite a few of them would like to see us living on scraps and we probably deserve it.

to be honest i hope britain doesnt leave the eu i hope they kick us out and start charging leveys on anything we import or export to/from them .after all after all the abuse we give europe im sure quite a few of them would like to see us living on scraps and we probably deserve it.

If the UK is capable of being self sufficent, which it is, then there simply is no need for globalism.

If we do need trading partners whats wrong with our own kind - US, Canada, Austrailia and the Commonwealth?

Wow, you really do fit the stereotype of a lefty liberal, i.e. somebody who despises their own country .

Wow, you really do fit the stereotype of a lefty liberal, i.e. somebody who despises their own country .

Lol yea lefty but not liberal . I just see the country for what it is a massive compost heap with the biggest weeds climbing to the top and leaving most behind to rot .

• Like 1

Is this a rhetorical rescue you speak of ?

Can you explain when and how that actually happened.

Br Cornelius

WW 1, WW 2, What would have happened if the U.K. had not had treaties to come to the rescue of Euro countries who had been invaded ?.plus the fact that we are pumping millions into the Common Market.Yet europeans seem to take a great delight in "bashing" us when ever they feel like it, and we still go to their aid.Only a few countries are Friends in the sense of the word,the rest are allies because they need us.

The UK only ever joined the common market thinking they could shape the Union seeing how we are unable to shape the Union based on the combined efforts of France and Germany to run the show the UK as always been playing second fiddle or third fiddle. plus you have to take in the mentality of Island nations they by default see themselves as cut off from the mainland countries.

The UK agreed to the common market, nothing more. over the decades we've been lead down the garden path by weak political leaders. there is absolutely no need to worry. the UK leaving will have no impact. the UK will carry on and so will the EU. there will be no hard feelings towards Europe from us, but you can bet the bitter and twisted EU will do their upmost to throw a spanner in our works. how dare a country think it can go it alone, how dare they should leave the EU. that will grind their gears.

but in all honesty i doubt such a vote will take place on us leaving the EU. the politicians are to still to weak. i fear we'll be absorbed further into the EU over the coming decades to a point whereby we 'd struggle to leave and become almost impossible, we've seen the great nations of the bygone era fall into the clutches of the EU. we've seen countries heads of government replaced by EU apparatchiks in Italy and Greece and no-one batted an eyelid.

i can only hope that a vote does take place, and we once again have a fully independent United Kingdom.

• Like 2

The UK only ever joined the common market thinking they could shape the Union seeing how we are unable to shape the Union based on the combined efforts of France and Germany to run the show the UK as always been playing second fiddle or third fiddle. plus you have to take in the mentality of Island nations they by default see themselves as cut off from the mainland countries.

The UK agreed to the common market, nothing more. over the decades we've been lead down the garden path by weak political leaders. there is absolutely no need to worry. the UK leaving will have no impact. the UK will carry on and so will the EU. there will be no hard feelings towards Europe from us, but you can bet the bitter and twisted EU will do their upmost to throw a spanner in our works. how dare a country think it can go it alone, how dare they should leave the EU. that will grind their gears.

but in all honesty i doubt such a vote will take place on us leaving the EU. the politicians are to still to weak. i fear we'll be absorbed further into the EU over the coming decades to a point whereby we 'd struggle to leave and become almost impossible, we've seen the great nations of the bygone era fall into the clutches of the EU. we've seen countries heads of government replaced by EU apparatchiks in Italy and Greece and no-one batted an eyelid.

i can only hope that a vote does take place, and we once again have a fully independent United Kingdom.

If Britain was ever on its knees then why would we join the EU anyway?

Surely we'd become the 53rd, 54th and 55th states of the US?

Edited by Mr Right Wing

WW 1, WW 2, What would have happened if the U.K. had not had treaties to come to the rescue of Euro countries who had been invaded ?.plus the fact that we are pumping millions into the Common Market.Yet europeans seem to take a great delight in "bashing" us when ever they feel like it, and we still go to their aid.Only a few countries are Friends in the sense of the word,the rest are allies because they need us.

Well as far as WWII goes if we had sat back and watched Europe burn you can bet that we would have been next. Remember hitler considered our army destroyed in France so he turned his attention to the USSR .if we hadn't got involved the chances are he would have turned all his military might against us before he went east the result of which would have been our country's total destruction.

If Britain was ever on its knees then why would we join the EU anyway?

Surely we'd become the 53rd, 54th and 55th states of the US?

why have you asked that question?

Britain just has to make up its mind for once. All that hesitation is holding the EU back.

And the constant smugness doesn't help either. Britain is getting involved with the EU in all possible ways but still doesn't want to fully commit. The politicians realise they need the EU but to get votes they constantly send the message they don't. It's getting old. You can't have your cake and eat it two.

• Like 1

Now I wonder why Mr Kinnock would say that. :whistle:

Because if Britain came out of the EU he and his wife wouldn't be able to keep riding the EU gravy train which they have already pocketed £10 million from.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Britain just has to make up its mind for once.

Once we get the referendum we demand then we will. We'll vote to leave, then we can get on the lifeboat BEFORE the TItanic hits the iceberg.

All that hesitation is holding the EU back.

No, it isn't. The EU straitjacket is holding Britain, and her, economy, back.

And the constant smugness doesn't help either.

When it comes to deciding not to join the euro we are well within our rights to be smug.

And when we leave the EU and join the big wide world and forge closer ties to the Commonwealth, an organisation about to overtake the EU in terms of percentage of the world's GDP, we'll be even smugger.

The politicians realise they need the EU

The EU needs Britain more than Britain needs the EU.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

to be honest i hope britain doesnt leave the eu i hope they kick us out and start charging leveys on anything we import or export to/from them.

Judging by your avatar you're a lefty, and what you propose above is one of those silly lefty economic policies which anyone with half a brain cell can see will never work.

Tell me this. Why on Earth would the EU start charging Britain to enable Britain to accept imports from the EU?

All Britain would so is tell the EU to get stuffed, refuse to accept its imports (a lot of which is second-rate anyway, such as its military equipment like the Eurofighters) and import superior goods from elsewhere like Americans Joint Strike Fighters.

after all after all the abuse we give europe .

Give some examples of this "abuse".

And considering hard-earned British taxpayers are paying millions on things such as making inefficient and lazy French farmers very rich through the CAP I think we're entitled to give the EU a little abuse from time to time.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

I just see the country for what it is a massive compost heap

That's what happens when successive lefty liberal governments since the 1960s rule, and ruin, this once-great country.

That's what happens when successive lefty liberal governments since the 1960s rule, and ruin, this once-great country.

:lol:

How much of that time were the conservative in power ?

Maybe a Fascist dictatorship would be more to your taste - those damn Tories are just to wishy washy hey.

The ability to deny reality marks the right wing out as a breed apart.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Judging by your avatar you're a lefty, and what you propose above is one of those silly lefty economic policies which anyone with half a brain cell can see will never work.

All Britain would so is tell the EU to get stuffed, refuse to accept its imports (a lot of which is second-rate anyway, such as its military equipment like the Eurofighters) and import superior goods from elsewhere like Americans Joint Strike Fighters.

The "Typhoon" is NOT an import...stupid comment....Are you truly unaware of the Typhoons capabilities?? Rhetorical... of course you are - it is the most advanced fighter of its type in the World:

In 2004, United States Air Force Chief Chief of Staff GeneralJohn P. Jumper said after flying the Eurofighter, "I have flown all the air force jets. None was as good as the Eurofighter."

The JSF is NOT "American" it is a joint collaborative effort with BAe Systems the Prime Sub-Contractor!!!

You are clearly not informed by facts, but by the Sun, or whatever newspaper is currently supporting your own right wing, uneducated , beliefs...,

• Like 2

Well as far as WWII goes if we had sat back and watched Europe burn you can bet that we would have been next. Remember hitler considered our army destroyed in France so he turned his attention to the USSR .if we hadn't got involved the chances are he would have turned all his military might against us before he went east the result of which would have been our country's total destruction.

Sorry mate I dont agree,Hitler started it all,and he was the first one to bomb Cities,London,Coventry etc, and he wasnt a happy bunny when we retaliated,and of course The Battle of Britain,really shook him up,when we won that one,so he decided that we were too nasty to deal with,but we couldnt have defeated him on our own,but Churchill conned him into believing that we had a lot more to offer than we actually had,and the rest is History.I have no axe to grind with Europe,but we should have declined the offer to join at the start, like Norway,Sweden etc, and it did them no harm.Roll on Independence once more.We dont need Brussels telling us what to do.

The "Typhoon" is NOT an import...stupid comment....Are you truly unaware of the Typhoons capabilities?? Rhetorical... of course you are - it is the most advanced fighter of its type in the World:

In 2004, United States Air Force Chief Chief of Staff GeneralJohn P. Jumper said after flying the Eurofighter, "I have flown all the air force jets. None was as good as the Eurofighter."

The JSF is NOT "American" it is a joint collaborative effort with BAe Systems the Prime Sub-Contractor!!!

You are clearly not informed by facts, but by the Sun, or whatever newspaper is currently supporting your own right wing, uneducated , beliefs...,

The F22 Raptor, Eurofighter and Sukhoi T-50 are the top 3 fighter jets.

F22 Raptor strengths - Robust, small turning radius, stealthy and its cobra manoeuvre.

Sukhoi T-50 strengths - Robust, steathly, carrier capable, faster than the F22 and can fire its missles during supersonic flight (F22 cant)

The Eurofighter is a completely different kind of aircraft and you are right General Jumper rated it as the worlds best fighter jet. Its designed for dog-fighting using Britains and Germanys experience from WW2 aerial combat -

1. High cockpit and low rear profile allow pilot to see behind the aircraft.

2. The plane is highly responsive and the result is it flys like an extension to the pilot.

3..Light-weight agile, nimble and can pull off sustained high g-forces.

4. Crazy alpha rolls allow it to out manoeurve all other aircraft and cause mental confusion in a following pilot due to their hypnotic effect.

5. Voice controls capability, no cockpit dials but a complete HUD instead.

Britain just has to make up its mind for once. All that hesitation is holding the EU back.

And the constant smugness doesn't help either. Britain is getting involved with the EU in all possible ways but still doesn't want to fully commit. The politicians realise they need the EU but to get votes they constantly send the message they don't. It's getting old. You can't have your cake and eat it two.

I think you'll find that the british public made it's mind up years ago, but our undemocratic politicians have just turned a deaf ear.

• Like 1