Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Moment driver is struck by lightning (video)

Still Waters

It seems a normal commute during a normal, slightly wet day in Russia.

But suddenly the ire of the heavens opens up above the highway- and a bolt of lightning slams into the roof of an SUV, leaving the driver stunned, shaken - and perhaps a little shocked.

Luckily for the driver, he appears to be left unharmed by the thousand-volt hit and in the footage, uploaded to YouTube this month, he carries on driving for a few seconds, before rolling to a stop.

http://www.dailymail...sy-highway.html

• Like 1

A bolt of lightning split a hundred year old oak tree in half in my front yard. Very lucky man.

• Like 1

Wow what great timing. Thank goodness for rubber tires!

• Like 1

That's so cool!

Once when I was young a bolt of lightning hit a tree beside our house. I didn't have a bath that night.

• Like 2

I had one hit right in front of my car while I was driving. I had to pull off the road cause it blinded me for a bit. People stopped to make sure I was ok.

When I was 10 I went on a school trip to France. We were on the way back late at night, when a bolt of lighting hit the coach. Everyone woke in terror, the coach radio came on as well as most of the lights and the driver nearly lost control of the wheel. Uber scary!

wonder if the suv driver noticed he didnt swerve or anything ? and why be filming the rain ? that confuses me too .

What's the point of having a video camera running on the dash board while driving in the rain? Anyway, it certainly paid off on this occasion!

"Dear God, please give me this power over other drivers on the road. I promise not to abuse this power too much." ;)

• Like 2

People have dashboard cameras in order for legal protection. They can film accidents and such and prove they were not at fault.

Come on people, use your heads.

That's some crazy video!!

I don't believe my car was actually struck by lightning, but I do believe that it was close. Several years ago I was driving on the freeway, pouring down rain hard, and it was late and dark out. A REALLY bright flash blinded me and I somehow managed to come to a near stop and feel I was really lucky there were no other cars around me. When the daze and haze finally cleared from eyes, and I was able to start driving again... I realized all the pre-sets on my stereo were erased and my stereo was blasting static! It was pretty crazy, all the hairs on my arms were standing up. I'm pretty sure the car wasn't hit, but it was VERY close.

I also had a bolt of lightening strike near my electronic pool heater... ti somehow jacked all the electronics up and set the thermostat to ... 107 degrees! I didn't notice it for 4 days... you don't even want to know what it costs to heat 22K gallons of water up to 107. LOL.

It's a good thing that the driver wasn't carrying a monster on his roof rack (stitched together from body parts of corpses) otherwise it may have come to life and gone on the rampage!

• Like 1