Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone seen this picture?

ShadowBoy86x

Very nice catch and it goes to show how they stay so subtly hidden while in plain sight considering she never saw it until after they reviewed the shot.

I think this is a case of tunnel vision. she must has been focusing on the camera or the sheep. i had some experience where i was so focus on one thing and missed what was around it. it happened

post-18246-0-87525100-1349147859_thumb.j

Looks like a silver balloon.

In the center you see a perfect sphere, and some stuff wrapped around it or flapping around it.

This is yet another one of those cases where the witnesses reported taking many pictures in rapid succession, but the UFO was in only one of them. They didn't even see the UFO when it was there, which also results in some of the better UFO pictures.

Whatever it was, they only saw it in one frame then it was gone.

Admittedly, steel mixing bowl popped into my mind as well.

So, how big would you say that "salad bowl" was? A little larger than most of them commonly found in stores, I'd say. LOL

Edited by TheMacGuffin

So, how big would you say that "salad bowl" was? A little larger than most of them commonly found in stores, I'd say. LOL

Why? Since we have no means to estimate the distance, we have no way of telling how large the object is. Could be large, could be small. We simply do not know.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I have had a closer look at the information at ATS and to be honest this case seems to be another good one IMO .

Here's a snippet of the report made ...

Photo Composition

The composition of the shot does appear to be a candid shot one would expect leaning slightly from a seated position in an automotive vehicle, window rolled down, and photographing scenery.

Of note here more than the composition, are the horizon lines in comparison to the UO's structure points (which we detailed in the "Object and Characteristics" portion of this report), and the camera's own visible orientation. We are in an extremely valuable position with this photo in my opinion: we can clearly see the shooter, and her camera in the UO photograph. For me, I have not in 26 years of examining UFO visual data come across such a perfect situation in this respect, and it has afforded me some very interesting data in this case.

There is a ton of information from the link I provided earlier ....

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread886584/pg1

I would like to know more about the person giving the report ..........Jeff Ritzmann , Does anyone know of him? , his work ?

TiP.

Why? Since we have no means to estimate the distance, we have no way of telling how large the object is. Could be large, could be small. We simply do not know.

I bet someone could figure that out if they went back to the location, because it just doesn't seem to be all that far away from the camera or flying at a very high altitude. There are known reference points in the picture that should make an estimate possible.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/wr5064bd18.jpg

It so clear , what do you guys think?

It looks pretty odd. It's definitely an unknown object. I like the way the Sun reflects off of it. It's Such a gorgeous, clear day it seems suspect that she didn't see it in the sky but then she was looking at the goats, wasn't she?

Seems like this scenario is fairly common, strange things in the sky go unnoticed until seen in a photo after the fact.

Could it be a cloaking device? Sci-fi! :)

Edited by Lava_Lady

Good find Jeff! :tu:

I don't normally give these modern UFO photo's more than a cursory glance, but the work done by the analysis expert for ATS , and the coast to coast discussion, has left me really impressed with this little beauty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEYsTu9Le60

...the photograph section starts around the 40 minute mark if anyone's interested.

Cheers.

Looked at this with maximum screen magnification. It doesn't appear so much bowl shaped, as like a flattish disk with a large dome atop it. On the left hand side of the dome there appears to be another object partially filling in the area between the disk and the die of the dome. On the right, the Sun appears to reflect from the dome at the correct angle for a real object, judging my the way sunlight falls on other objects in the image.

Has anyone suggested the possibility of a flying bug of some kind? Like a beetle or scarab? From what I understand there are a lot of those in Crete. The object isn't in very good focus, which could very well be a result of the kind of motion blur you see with flying beetles.

It sure is an interesting photo though.

I bet someone could figure that out if they went back to the location, because it just doesn't seem to be all that far away from the camera or flying at a very high altitude. There are known reference points in the picture that should make an estimate possible.

Actually, no you couldn't. We neither have distance nor size; we need one or the other. If we had a rough estimate of size, we could gauge the distance and vice versa. It could be a big thing far away or a small thing close up (I like the bug idea, Boony).

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Actually, no you couldn't. We neither have distance nor size; we need one or the other. If we had a rough estimate of size, we could gauge the distance and vice versa. It could be a big thing far away or a small thing close up (I like the bug idea, Boony).

Yeah, sure you do, even though you just said that you had no idea of the actual size of the UFO.

And if you can't see that the UFO is at a low altitude and relatively close to the camera then you need new glasses, although I think it's definitely larger than an insect or a salad bowl. That's just a bunch of BS.

First of all, most of them wouldn't know a UFO from a goat's hindquarters, and that's the truth. Personally, I like the picture, but no one has to sell me on the idea that UFOs are real and come from ET civilizations.

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object

If I tossed a Frisbee past your head and you didn't know what it was, it technically would be a UFO!

Are there unidentified/unidentifiable objects in the sky? Of course! Is there life elsewhere in our galaxy/universe? I would bet on it!

But, you can't just look at a picture of an alleged UFO and assume there is life on board let alone extraterrestrial life. Heck, you can't even assume the object in the picture is some kind of spacecraft.

I want to believe.......but I need that conclusive evidence......you know......facts!

UFO.jpg

So, just how do you conclude that this is an extraterrestrial space vehicle manned by aliens?

post-18246-0-87525100-1349147859_thumb.j

Looks like a silver balloon.

In the center you see a perfect sphere, and some stuff wrapped around it or flapping around it.

Wrong shape. Plus they would have seen it. Read the testimony please.

If I tossed a Frisbee past your head and you didn't know what it was, it technically would be a UFO!

Are there unidentified/unidentifiable objects in the sky? Of course! Is there life elsewhere in our galaxy/universe? I would bet on it!

But, you can't just look at a picture of an alleged UFO and assume there is life on board let alone extraterrestrial life. Heck, you can't even assume the object in the picture is some kind of spacecraft.

I want to believe.......but I need that conclusive evidence......you know......facts!

UFO.jpg

So, just how do you conclude that this is an extraterrestrial space vehicle manned by aliens?

I'm not saying that it is that. As I have said a myriad of times when something looks as vivid as this what could the options actually be? Also read the testimony; they didn't see it when during photo graph which means that it was travelling very fast.

There are no super sonic balloons. :blush:

Edited by zoser

Once again only a single photo?

If I ever come across a UFO expect to see at least a dozen of my shots of it posted.

Cheers,

Badeskov

If it looks like a flying saucer as clear as that then it probably is a flying saucer.

Once again only a single photo?

If I ever come across a UFO expect to see at least a dozen of my shots of it posted.

Not again! Read the testimony on page 1. They didn't see it when they took the shot grrrrrrrrrrr.

• Like 5

I'm not saying that it is that. As I have said a myriad of times when something looks as vivid as this what could the options actually be? Also read the testimony; they didn't see it when during photo graph which means that it was travelling very fast.

There are no super sonic balloons. :blush:

Vivid? To me it looks like a Volkswagen minus the wheels with the sun glaring off of the windshield. But that's just pareidolia. So you believe everyone's testimony?

The options are endless actually. :yes:

No super sonic balloons that you know of..... :unsure2:

I know what UFO means. I saw a UFO when most people on here were probably still learning their ABCs and saying "goo-goo".

What makes you think that an alien spacecraft must always be "manned" anyway?