Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

women special or equal?

notoverrated

It was a joke! What women believe that? Have you any experience of women like that?

Are you serious? I see women every day with PRINCESS printed on their shirts, butts, cars...

• Like 2

Are you serious? I see women every day with PRINCESS printed on their shirts, butts, cars...

Are they too are jokes

It was a joke! What women believe that? Have you any experience of women like that?

I know you were joking, it's all good. :D

But yeah, there are some girls like that...it's crazy. If you're a guy who falls in love with a princess girl, you're done for. :blink:

• Like 3

Not sure what your point is with this link.

One - the man looks like his nervous system is slowed down and slurred by some sort of substance.

Two - he does make attempts to swing some full on hooks at her but completely and utterly misses her by miles, fail. However if he had connected, then what ? We don't know the story behind this scene either or what escalated it. They look more like siblings fighting than adults. I can't even tell what age they are supposed to be due to the bad video quality of a 1993 production filmed in the dark.

Now It's commonly accepted by science, that the male species irregardless of his physical stature/size, has far greater muscle density and percentage of muscle than the female species. Males have a larger cardiovascular system to boot, they are biologically and physically created to exert more force and strength by every fibre in their muscular structure. They are hormonally set up to rage and fight when dominance and survival instincts are triggered.

There is no argument whatsoever against this fact. So it has nothing to do with comparing the physical body size, a man is always going to still exert more force and strength than a female can. Females in physical size as default have a higher fat percentage than males. A large woman compared to a lean man is still not anything to do with her magically being able to have the strength and hormone make up of a man because she physically stands taller or wider than him.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 2

Males and females are very different physiologically (as bLu3 just pointed out). This is why the Olympics (and most sports) divide males and females. For men to 'pick on' women, children, and the elderly is simply wrong.

• Like 2

Are they too are jokes

I'm sure they're not joking but if you see like the majority of them, yeah, they do look like a joke... sadly enough.

I think this video speaks volumes of just how far we still have to go to be a civilized society. "You go girl!" Gimmie a break...

Don't resort to physical violence unless it's your last resort. But if someone hits you first, you have a right to defend yourself.

Women don't "deserve" the right to smack a man around, just because women are generally smaller than men and it's "bad manners" to hit a woman. Whoever throws the first punch has worse manners.

There is a separate charge of "male assaults female" in my country (not sure if its common around the world), in which the punishment is harsher than assault. Is this a case of special rights or just highlighting the fact that males are generally more athletic than females??

There is no argument whatsoever against this fact. So it has nothing to do with comparing the physical body size, a man is always going to still exert more force and strength than a female can. Females in physical size as default have a higher fat percentage than males. A large woman compared to a lean man is still not anything to do with her magically being able to have the strength and hormone make up of a man because she physically stands taller or wider than him.

So basically a male couch potato is going to be stronger than a female bodybuilder?

I have...my brother-in-law's new wife (of 2 weeks not) has said a number of times that she is a princess and her daughter should be treated like one. He daughter is a spolied brat that will not listen to anyone...her son is a good kid...

The point is quite simple. The point is that a man cannot simply knockout a woman when he pleases. I think that is a rather sexist point of view. You give women no credit. Many women are skilled enough to not get hit and many can take a hit. Women can also break bones, choke a man out, or knock them out. By stating that a man could easially KO any woman when he chooses is wrong and inaccurate (or sexist.)

Personally, as far as that video goes, I would prosecute the man...He appears to be the aggressor...that being said, he got his ass kicked, by a women, that according to you, he was more physically dominate than and could have KO at any point. Your hypothesis was proven wrong by that video. If you cannot make connection, you cannot KO a woman.

Assault is the crime that goes to court. Physical assault is judged by the potential severity of the outcome. It is a matter of biology that men have testosterone and larger muscle mass to provide impetus to the force of their attacks on others including women. It is an unequal battle where one party has greater muscle mass and capacity emotionally to inflict harm - the results are that the physically weaker or more intrinsically non-violent party is going to be brutalised.

Having said that - it remains what has applied to a majority of cases but not all. Some women have the capacity to be physically superior in strength to the man they are assaulting and use this superiority to ensure their attack is severe. The brutalisation of another human being is the primary issue as far as the law is concerned - or it should be.

Either sex is capable of being the culprit, in practice it is the male that has been said culprit in the majority of cases that is all - it's not necessarily a bias toward women being harmed being the worse crime, as a matter of statistics in reported incidents thus far in the world pointing to the predominantly physically vulnerable sex being female.

• Like 4

By stating that a man could easially KO any woman when he chooses is wrong and inaccurate (or sexist.)

It's neither.

Personally, as far as that video goes, I would prosecute the man...He appears to be the aggressor...that being said, he got his ass kicked, by a women, that according to you, he was more physically dominate than and could have KO at any point. Your hypothesis was proven wrong by that video. If you cannot make connection, you cannot KO a woman.

That doesn't make sense. The guy wasn't even trying, he was countering and absorbing more than attacking... and looked stonned/drunk. I'm betting if he snapped and his dominance/survival instincts kicked in, he could have.

That doesn't make sense. The guy wasn't even trying, he was countering and absorbing more than attacking... and looked stonned/drunk. I'm betting if he snapped and his dominance/survival instincts kicked in, he could have.

Now you are being delusional. He was obviously trying...do you not see him attacking?

He was absorbing? What if women absorbe the attacks?

So what if he was stoned or drunk?

Oh, so if he wasn't stoned or drunk, he could have knocked her out? Hear that ladies? You are only as good as a stone or drunk man...

Give women some credit...

Edited by HuttonEtAl

One - the man looks like his nervous system is slowed down and slurred by some sort of substance.

Two - he does make attempts to swing some full on hooks at her but completely and utterly misses her by miles, fail. However if he had connected, then what ? We don't know the story behind this scene either or what escalated it. They look more like siblings fighting than adults. I can't even tell what age they are supposed to be due to the bad video quality of a 1993 production filmed in the dark.

Now It's commonly accepted by science, that the male species irregardless of his physical stature/size, has far greater muscle density and percentage of muscle than the female species. Males have a larger cardiovascular system to boot, they are biologically and physically created to exert more force and strength by every fibre in their muscular structure. They are hormonally set up to rage and fight when dominance and survival instincts are triggered.

Just a question...

What are women better at then men? Obviously they are not physically as strong...

Tell me, what makes them equal?

Now you are being delusional. He was obviously trying...do you not see him attacking?

He was absorbing? What if women absorbe the attacks?

Oh, so if he wasn't stoned or drunk, he could have knocked her out? Hear that ladies? You are only as good as a stone or drunk man...

I don't see how women are being discredited here. The fact is superior physical strength used against a woman will put her at a disadvantage UNLESS she has learned to counter such attacks with something else - aka: self defence training, karate yadi yada - but in the law of averages - how many women would say they have learned such things and are confident they could use them well in an unequal physical battle?

Just a question...

What are women better at then men? Obviously they are not physically as strong...

Tell me, what makes them equal?

Just as El has said, when you can look forward to pushing a football out of a hole the size of a golf ball, anticipate it with excitement for nine months even - you can join us on our pedestal :P

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

Just as El has said, when you can look forward to pushing a football out of a hole the size of a golf ball, anticipate it with excitement for nine months even - you can join us on our pedestal :P

Not a fair comparison...we will never be in that situation...you assume men would not be able to handle it better...pure speculation...

Also, do I need to explain to you how women give birth? Their cervic expands, to 9 inches in diameter and gains elasticity. Even though that happens, women still often tare or need to be cut for the baby to fit through. When women do it without drugs, they normally beg for drugs to reduce the pain and make it easier. I am pretty sure a man could beg for drugs and push something big out if they had the anatomy to do that...

Of course it makes a difference. Anyone who is severely inebriated is less able to stand up and calculate what is going on. I mean that is one reason why it is illegal to operate machinery or drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Science and biology shows us that. Conversely, alcohol and drugs can also be the fuel to situations becoming violent. What i was talking about 'specifically' was the differences in human physiology between the genders. Yes men can not only exert more force, but absorb more force than females. There is studies that support that women have a different pain threshold to men and process pain slightly differently.

And stop twisting the meaning of what i am saying and calling me sexist and delusional. If you want to continue to understand my views then keep it polite please. For a start, I am not even putting women down as you seem to be suggesting and i don't see any other females disagree with what i am saying either.

As for equality - for as long as women are under pressure or trying to be equal with men, in a patriarchal society, neither gender is doing one another any favours trying to mash out what equality should be. My view is strong that true equality is something that will find it's rightful balance when society begins to recognise each gender for it's strengths, as well as it's weakness, and uniqueness and stops trying to make one conform under the other, and moves away from a patriarchal dominate society into one that encompasses a balance of both.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Not a fair comparison...we will never be in that situation...you assume men would not be able to handle it better...pure speculation...

Also, do I need to explain to you how women give birth? Their cervic expands, to 9 inches in diameter and gains elasticity. Even though that happens, women still often tare or need to be cut for the baby to fit through. When women do it without drugs, they normally beg for drugs to reduce the pain and make it easier. I am pretty sure a man could beg for drugs and push something big out if they had the anatomy to do that...

Women will also never be in the situation of being able to build muscle mass to the same extent as men nor are we susceptible to the effects of testosterone, so to suggest we are the equal to a man in a physical arena is on average also not a fair comparison - there are exceptions, mostly with the help of steroid and the less common biological exceptions but the averages are not in our favour. That does not make us "unequal" in any legal sense just different and the statistics of crime support that.

• Like 1

As for equality - for as long as women are under pressure or trying to be equal with men, in a patriarchal society, neither gender is doing one another any favours trying to mash out what equality should be. My view is strong that true equality is something that will find it's rightful balance when society begins to recognise each gender for it's strengths, as well as it's weakness, and uniqueness and stops trying to make one conform under the other, and moves away from a patriarchal dominate society into one that encompasses a balance of both.

Here is the problem. Women make crappy firefighters because they cannot drag my fat ass out of a burning building...but yet women feel discriminated against when the standards are upped, which eliminates them from being firefighters. To recognize women's weaknesses would be not allowing them to do certain jobs, but women view this as sexist and discriminating.

On the same note, women are better with small motor skills which makes them better surgens. Does this mean men should not be surgens?

It seems that if we use science there are clearly some things that women are better at and that men are better at, but in our society that is seen as unequal and discriminating. If women are unequal at some things, and men are unequal at some things, we must assume they are special. Looking at my first argument, you cannot be special an equal...so are women special, or equal?

Women will also never be in the situation of being able to build muscle mass to the same extent as men nor are we susceptible to the effects of testosterone, so to suggest we are the equal to a man in a physical arena is on average also not a fair comparison - there are exceptions, mostly with the help of steroid and the less common biological exceptions but the averages are not in our favour. That does not make us "unequal" in any legal sense just different and the statistics of crime support that.

YES! But, a 200 lb woman is physically dominate to a 100 lb man. I dominate a muscle bound man that is 130 lbs just because of my weight...I know this because I have done it...A big woman can dominate a man...

So women are different? So they need special treatment? If they need special treament, why should they not be discriminated against in special cases (such as dragging my pass-out-ass out of a burning building?

YES! But, a 200 lb woman is physically dominate to a 100 lb man. I dominate a muscle bound man that is 130 lbs just because of my weight...I know this because I have done it...A big woman can dominate a man...

So women are different? So they need special treatment? If they need special treament, why should they not be discriminated against in special cases (such as dragging my pass-out-ass out of a burning building?

You're talking about physical weight - if you want to compare apples to apples then there has to be comparable MUSCLE MASS. A 200lb woman could be obese and prone to a heart attack if she lifted anything heavier than your arm much less having the capacity to drag you out of a burning building.

You're talking about physical weight - if you want to compare apples to apples then there has to be comparable MUSCLE MASS. A 200lb woman could be obese and prone to a heart attack if she lifted anything heavier than your arm much less having the capacity to drag you out of a burning building.

So are you arguing that a woman could not pull me out of a burning building?

And yes, I am talking about physical weight...because in the real world things are based on more than 1 factor. A muscle bound 250 lb man will dominate a muscle bound 150 lb man...just like a 250 lb woman will dominate a muscle bound 100 lb man.

If we are going to base things on a single factor, then why not say "women are not physcially capable, they cannot do physical jobs," or should we evaluate different traits (discrimination based on ability,) or should we say everyone is equal and has an equal oppertunity and equal right to everything (including the law?)

I do not really see how a woman, being less capable than a man (based on your opinion of muscle mass,) should be given the same rights, which makes a woman unequal...see my first post...

Edited by HuttonEtAl

I've found that women are better than men in language. I've always heard that females talk earlier as babies, use more words in a day and use more uncommon words. I find this true as when I was single and out with friends, we could tell each other stuff by non-verbal actions and now that I'm married, I talk even less.