Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

women special or equal?

notoverrated

So are you arguing that a woman could not pull me out of a burning building?

If she did not have the muscle mass that was capable of pulling a grown man out, obviously she could not do it. If a man did not have the muscle mass he could not do it either.

And yes, I am talking about physical weight...because in the real world things are based on more than 1 factor. A muscle bound 250 lb man will dominate a muscle bound 150 lb man...just like a 250 lb woman will dominate a muscle bound 100 lb man.

There you go, neglecting the apples to apples comparison conveniently leaving out the "muscle" equation in your second example "250 lb woman" to support your first which clearly spoke about muscle for both the "muscle bound 250 lb man" and "muscle bound 150 lb man".

That doesn't leave you with a position to discuss against quite frankly.

If we are going to base things on a single factor, then why not say "women are not physcially capable, they cannot do physical jobs," or should we evaluate different traits (discrimination based on ability,) or should we say everyone is equal and has an equal oppertunity and equal right to everything (including the law?)

I didn't say woman were "not physically capable". I am saying that each individual has different physical capabilities and that men in general dominate biologically in the amount of muscle mass they carry, there in the matter of LIFTING WEIGHTS AND PHYSICAL FORCE they will GENERALLY hold an advantage over a woman who is carrying less muscle mass regardless of weight.

I do not really see how a woman, being less capable than a man (based on your opinion of muscle mass,) should be given the same rights, which makes a woman unequal...see my first post...

What do "rights" have to do with it? A woman has the same rights as a man, each has the right to be judged on what they are physically capable of achieving and also on the consequences thereof - see MY first post.

Actually it is quite simple:

Do whatever you like - provided it does not harm anyone!

And that simple, one law should apply - to everything we do,

not just for the 'battle' between women and men.

• Like 1

Physical brute strength is not the determining factor in social equality. If this was the case then children and elderly people (as well as females) would be considered as being 'less than equal'. If you desire social value to be based on pysical strength alone you're not going to find such in most developed 21st century societies.

• Like 1

Actually it is quite simple:

Do whatever you like - provided it does not harm anyone!

And that simple, one law should apply - to everything we do,

not just for the 'battle' between women and men.

Amen to that.

I know some women who are stronger than alot of the blokes I know...

It's an odd feeling to have when you know a female friend of yours would have to fight off a would be attacker for you. :lol:

Lol, Does that mean I must address you fro now on as Princess Bling? Or how about "Your Blingness" lol

Princess Bling will do. Don't forget to bow also. ;)

Women are special because they can give birth. Sperm is ten a penny.

Just because they can doesn't mean they all should.
  • Like 1

I heard women have a stronger pain threshold (I think this could be attributed to a natural adaption of having to go through childbirth) than a man. As far as abuse is concerned there are all different kinds of it. Physical, emotional etc. Both genders are equally as capable of any. A man can take down a giant tree with some effort, all he needs to be is prepared. The same goes for size differences in people, maybe if you drop a skinny guy and a pro mma fighter into a ring to battle it out the outcome would be obvious. However, in other circumstances, with a plan and some preparation, the skinny guy could come out on top.

• Like 2

This is rather old-fashoned, but I believe in equality in all things other than self-defense. Such as; As a man I would not like to see a woman on the front lines simply because I find women more special than men. Such as if there were 3 people, myself, 1 man, and 1 woman in a gas station. We can even say I do not know these 2 people. Now, something happens! Nobody move, robbery, hands in the air! The cashier starts to resist and fight the robbers and they start shooting. It all happend so fast and they turned in our direction. The man is on my left, woman on right, --- I am jumping right and taking that woman down out of fire. That's just me. No woman goes crazy and killing everyone with assault rifle and I'm only one there with a gun --- she's down.

And after re-reading this I will still post but like to add that this seems very sexist but it is out of love not looking down or thinking less of a woman... if that makes sense

• Like 2

This is rather old-fashoned, but I believe in equality in all things other than self-defense. Such as; As a man I would not like to see a woman on the front lines simply because I find women more special than men. Such as if there were 3 people, myself, 1 man, and 1 woman in a gas station. We can even say I do not know these 2 people. Now, something happens! Nobody move, robbery, hands in the air! The cashier starts to resist and fight the robbers and they start shooting. It all happend so fast and they turned in our direction. The man is on my left, woman on right, --- I am jumping right and taking that woman down out of fire. That's just me. No woman goes crazy and killing everyone with assault rifle and I'm only one there with a gun --- she's down.

And after re-reading this I will still post but like to add that this seems very sexist but it is out of love not looking down or thinking less of a woman... if that makes sense

I'm inclined to think like that only if the woman is a lady about things and carries herself as a lady. I had a friend tell me that he opened the door for a woman one time and she called him a sexist pig to which I can't place here what he said back but he told me that was the last time he was going to open the door for any woman. I really don't discriminate on who I help out. If a guy is coming up after me, I'll hold the door open too, and so far, I've gotten a 100% Thanks on that from both sexes. I tend to think there are more women who are ladies than these type of misandrist witches.

The thinking of automatically assuming that a woman is innocent or (to a point) helpless, has gone out the window many many years ago. I've heard of people being set up that way for robbery or worse things.

I'm inclined to think like that only if the woman is a lady about things and carries herself as a lady. I had a friend tell me that he opened the door for a woman one time and she called him a sexist pig to which I can't place here what he said back but he told me that was the last time he was going to open the door for any woman. I really don't discriminate on who I help out. If a guy is coming up after me, I'll hold the door open too, and so far, I've gotten a 100% Thanks on that from both sexes. I tend to think there are more women who are ladies than these type of misandrist witches.

The thinking of automatically assuming that a woman is innocent or (to a point) helpless, has gone out the window many many years ago. I've heard of people being set up that way for robbery or worse things.

I don't blame your friend for responding in that way, I too try and hold the door open for both sexes regardless when the opportunity arises. Most women who I do open the door for have seemed to like being treated with such respect, others appreciative but clearly thinking "I can take care of myself", at least most women I consider "strong", not saying solely in the physical sense take after either of those.

The one who berated your friend was probably some extremist feminist. No level of extreme is any good. Obviously too critical of what would normally be considered a respectful gesture.

• Like 1

Any man who does not believe women are special is in for a long and lonely life, in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

Only a woman who is insecure about her own strength (not in the physical sense) and self-esteem would respond to a gesture like opening the door for her with an insult. Resorting to violence by both genders, imo, is also a sign of weakness. However, for a man to respond in kind and hit back a physically weaker or smaller person puts him on the same level of his aggressor if not lower. He can always walk away or immobilize this person, but entering a boxing or scratching match with a woman or an obviously weaker person reflects negatively on him.

• Like 2