Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oregon farmer eaten by his pigs

ExpandMyMind

Authorities are investigating how a farmer in the US state of Oregon was devoured by his pigs.

Terry Vance Garner, 70, went to feed his animals last Wednesday on his farm by the coast, but never returned.

His dentures and pieces of his body were found by a family member in the pig enclosure, but the rest of his remains had been consumed.

The Coos County district attorney's office said that one of the animals had previously been aggressive with Garner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19796224

• Like 3

It's going to be quite some time before I can enjoy bacon again.....

• Like 2

What a horrible way to die. Still I believe that it was a medical failure rather than murderous pig nonetheless.

• Like 1

I also think he died of a heart attack of similar medical event and the pigs just saw the chance for some payback.

He had a worse fate than a heart attack planned for them.

• Like 2

Ew, right out of the imagination of Stephen King... what a sad way to go. Or as some put it, a nasty grisley piece of karma.

• Like 2

Speaking of the allegedly similar taste of pig and human I remember reading that some American Firefighters won't eat Bacon because the smell of charred human flesh is the same as bacon cooking.

• Like 5

Hogs are a blood thristy animal. Sows will eat their young. So ttue never make a pig farmer mad. You just might disappear.

• Like 2

It could be said his pigs ate him before he had a chance to eat them. Poor guy, how horrible.

• Like 2

Speaking of the allegedly similar taste of pig and human I remember reading that some American Firefighters won't eat Bacon because the smell of charred human flesh is the same as bacon

cooking.

I don't see how this can be true, unless the people that they smelled burning were also seasoned and hickory smoked.

Sounds like another "I heard from someone who read that..." kind of story.

My folks raise pigs for a bit. I think they decided the bacon wasn't worth the danger. Pigs can be really dangerous. I am scared of them. More than I am of gators. I used to know a florida cracker (florida born) who use to hunt them with a bow. I thought he was nuts.

• Like 1

Hope he was dead before they started eating him.

• Like 2

I don't see how this can be true, unless the people that they smelled burning were also seasoned and hickory smoked.

As I said it's an "I read it somewhere" story.

I didn't offer any proof, go ask some firefighters.

The only personal experience I can share is that I can tell you the smell of a post-mortem is very much the smell of the abbatoir or butchers shop.

So I personally can believe that one type of charred flesh can smell much like another when the creatures are 'similar' and people have been saying that 'human' tastes like pig for a lot longer than we've known how close the two species are.

• Like 1

I'm sure he tasted like chicken

• Like 1

I'm sure he tasted like chicken

Well the other factor is that he probobly ate a lot of pork being a pig farmer, which would presumably have made his taste more 'pork like'.

I'm sure to the pigs he just tasted like sweet revenge.

If humans taste anything like (South American) monkeys, then I can tell from experience they taste like pork, yes.

The monkeys that is, of course.....lol.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

[Cries] Poor guy.

what if he murdered someone and then fed them to the pig, left his dentures there and ran away, its the perfect murder cause everyone would presume he was dead.

If humans taste anything like (South American) monkeys, then I can tell from experience they taste like pork, yes.

The monkeys that is, of course.....lol.

Did you have any monkey sweets ? Chilled monkeys brain ? :clap:

TiP.

Edited by tipotep