Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you deserve to exist? Why or Why not?

Bendy Demon

Depends on what you feel one must do in order to "deserve" it. 99.99% of the populace simply exists, going to work, paying taxes, going home, do some stuff, go to bed and do it all over again for the next 80 years of ones life. Does that count?

If they can find enjoyment from something in their life, if they can experience something they love, find people to do things with, then yes, it counts. It's not the ordinary things that define what you do. It's like a movie, do they show the boring parts? No, they show dinosaurs breaking loose and eating people. The mundane aspects may outweigh everything else, but it's those special parts of it that make it all worth while.

It's not the ordinary things that define what you do.

I see....

Sounds like we (collectively speaking) are in competition with everyone to see who can do the most amazing stuff.

Edited by Ryu

I see....

Sounds like we (collectively speaking) are in competition with everyone to see who can do the most amazing stuff.

Nah, not a competition, just awesome to yourself.

Nah, not a competition, just awesome to yourself.

Uhh...I see.

You keep thinking of people as a collective, the collective 'we', what do 'we' find enjoyable, why do 'we' deserve to exist. Nah, I don't like all that kind of thinking, you are you and the group is just what you decide to be a part of. If it makes you happy, do it. It's like myself and cosplaying, I love it to death and I'm lucky enough to find like minded people, 'we' make it fun, but if it was just me? I'd probably still do it..

• Like 1

You keep thinking of people as a collective, the collective 'we',

The reason I use the term "collectively" as to avoid any idea that i am saying something about anyone specific, especially on a forum.

you are you

Unfortunately that is so.

If it makes you happy, do it.

If you know what makes you happy. Sometimes "what makes you happy" just isn't enough of a motivation..(I am speaking in general terms)

People like that kind of make me sad to say the least. I understand some people need a grander reason to do things, a bigger reason to get out of bed. A goal to reach for, but for me, it's just the experience of life that gets me going. I think 'yesterday's done, today's just beginning, the future's not bleak or known, it's there to be discovered'.

• Like 1

A goal to reach for..... the future's not bleak or known, it's there to be discovered'.

Some of us just endure the day as it comes, I guess.

Some people deserve to live,some don't,As for me I asked that question many of times,I almost died a few times.why I was speared I don't know.I was hit by a car when I was little and didn't even get a scratch,Twice in the service of my country a gernade went off a few feet away and all I got was dirt and gravel on me,was shot at many times while there,come home and crimminals tried to rob me and kill me only to end up on the recieving end of their own actions and payed with their lives.Do I deserve to live...........I don't know ..I know that somebody wants me to for some apparent reason,Why ..I just don't know.but I know I shouldn't be alive.

Edited by The Unseen

Just a passing thought, there seems to be this concept that we have a basic right to live..that we somehow deserve to live so I am just curious as to what you think.

Do you deserve to exist? Why or why not?

You don't :devil: , but I do ;) , when I did the universe goes with me :passifier:

Peace

mark

I believe everyone exists for a reason. Even bad people. Everyone is here for a well determined purpose, and I believe that is to constantly teach each other new things, and thus for us to grow spiritually.

I don't believe this question can be answered. Who decides whether they deserve to live, or to remain nonexistent?