Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Big Bad Voodoo

Edit: Ironicly as member title of jay it is written : Scientician. So according to Jay he isnt historian. Even Harte say so.

This is what is known to humans as a "joke".

It specifically refers to an old episode of the Simpsons, where someone is clearly not a scientist claims the cultural authority. I concede 15 year old Simpsons references may not be culturally universal, so you may not be able to appreciate it as such.

The fact that it elegantly proves what the Searcher is saying, while deeply satisfying, is entirely coincidental.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

Hey Jay, it was you who told: science=/=history. Therefore scientian=/=historian.

Here is another analogy so that you might understand better your view.(now this is a joke. And lession)

All men are mortal

Socrates is man

Conclusion: Socrates is mortal.

TA-DA!

This is what is known to humans as- Logic!

Edited by the L

Hey Jay, it was you who told: science=/=history. Therefore scientian=/=historian.

Here is another analogy so that you might understand better your view.(now this is a joke. And lession)

All men are mortal

Socrates is man

Conclusion: Socrates is mortal.

TA-DA!

This is what is known to humans as- Logic!

A lesion? Good heavens. You should have that attended to by a medical practitioner.

And as to logic -- my dear Zoe -- it merely enables one to be wrong with authority. (Not that I think anyone here is claiming immortality to be schooled by your alleged 'logic'. I'd mention someone whose initials are DC, but I'd be too afraid he or his d******* might show up.)

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

L,

If you think Jaylemurph is no historian, maybe you should ask him what happened to the Lost Colony of Roanoke Island.

Harte

A lesion?

What... you stop to learn?

Ah yes, I remeber you admit you are ignorant. I thought well now when I called him ignorant now I will must find 3 eveidence of Jays ignorance but Jay simply get out of closet and admit it.

Brave boy.

L,

If you think Jaylemurph is no historian, maybe you should ask him what happened to the Lost Colony of Roanoke Island.

Harte

Harte I do believe this guy is historian. In ceratin sense all men are historians. We just argue is he is scientician ( as his member title said) or he is methodologist (as Jay claim and whatever that means).

Also I doubt that he is willing to tell me now after all this. And in that sense I lost.

Edited by the L

Don't worry, L, it was just an old inside joke between Jaylemurph and myself, and even he might not have remembered that.

Harte

Don't worry, L, it was just an old inside joke between Jaylemurph and myself, and even he might not have remembered that.

Harte

And for a moment I thought look how nice Harte is.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

I suspect you did it because of your ego. (All this) Sadly your mate should do that on page two. But he hates to loose. I also hate to loose so I understand him completly. Only instead of him I would react different in my defeat. Although this thread totaly moved from topic I wouldnt called it unproductive. Atleast I learn about some people who dwells here. And beside that I have a new profile quote.

See you around.

Edit: Ironicly as member title of jay it is written : Scientician. So according to Jay he isnt historian. Even Harte say so.

You don't know me enough to make that kind of statement L. So refrain from it please.Also, you're getting dangerously close to being insulting now, that teaches me something in turn.

And for a moment I thought look how nice Harte is.

Sorry to convey the wrong persona. Didn't mean to fool you! :devil:

Harte

You don't know me enough to make that kind of statement L. So refrain from it please.Also, you're getting dangerously close to being insulting now, that teaches me something in turn.

True I dont know you. Even if I do I cant know for sure your reason. I can only suspect things. I didnt want to insult you neither I did it. If I did I would apologize because thats not my intentions.

Sorry to convey the wrong persona. Didn't mean to fool you! :devil:

Harte

I should know better, true.

Edited by the L

L,

Harte

Harte, I haven't truely vented my spleen in a long time, and I feel like this would be an admirable opportunity. We all know the effect of too much black choler in the system.

I've got a shelf of old children's books about North Carolina legends L would no doubt take for gospel truth, which would be a fine way lead in to discussion.

--Jay le "They're dead. They're all dead." Murph

• Like 2

Harte, I haven't truely vented my spleen in a long time...

Whether the above is due to some sort of mental funk, or whether it was due to a supreme and serene patience on your part, I gotta say I admire you for accomplishing that which I find almost impossible to achieve!

I feel like this would be an admirable opportunity. We all know the effect of too much black choler in the system.

I suppose this means that I'm (at least) free from the unhealthy aspects of an unvented spleen.

Harte