Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Fleet Nears Disputed Islands, But Why?

Shabd Mystic

http://nation.time.c...rticle-mostpop1

Two Navy aircraft carrier battle groups and a Marine Corps air-ground task force have begun operating in the Western Pacific, within easy reach of the Senkaku Islands. That’s where Japanese and Chinese patrol boats are engaged in an increasingly tense standoff.

No warships have been directly involved in the confrontations, so far. But China has vowed to continue sending patrol vessels into territorial waters and Japan has assembled scores of Coast Guard vessels to “defend” the islands.

The U.S. hasn’t taken sides in the ownership dispute, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has called for “cooler heads” to prevail. Nonetheless, U.S. officials have stated clearly that the Senkakus fall under the U.S.-Japan security treaty, which would require the U.S. to come to Japan’s aid in case of attack.

I think it's a gentle reminder to China that they aren't there yet. That pushing a conflict with an ally like Japan is unacceptable.

• Like 2

If it suits their needs China will keep pushing it until something does happen. They know we can't just let them attack Japan.

If it suits their needs China will keep pushing it until something does happen. They know we can't just let them attack Japan.

True, but China cannot afford war with their largest trading partner. I think they are exercising their reach and testing us to see what they can get by with. When clear markers are laid down they will not cross. For all the talk of China's growing military strength, they are still nowhere near being in a league with the US. They are patient and time is on their side.

Irrespective of what actually happens, I fear that the history books will record that Japan attacked them.

Edited by Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

Why can't we all just get along? Blow the rock to hell then give it to China!

I'm watching this movie called ,"The world sinks,except Japan".

It's about global warming causing all the continents to sink ,and Japan,as a,small island ,survives .

All the world leaders ,fleeing their countries,and up there ,including Korean and China .

The whole ,"oh no,we aren't mad at Japan anymore" mood of this movie,is hysterical .

Everyone has to kiss japans butt,now that everyone is on their soil . I'm only half way thru .

All campy and over the top bad acting .Very amusing .

I'm watching this movie called ,"The world sinks,except Japan".

It's about global warming causing all the continents to sink ,and Japan,as a,small island ,survives .

All the world leaders ,fleeing their countries,and up there ,including Korean and China .

The whole ,"oh no,we aren't mad at Japan anymore" mood of this movie,is hysterical .

Everyone has to kiss japans butt,now that everyone is on their soil . I'm only half way thru .

All campy and over the top bad acting .Very amusing .

That movie sounds funny.

Anyway wheres the source of the info?

Also give the islands to South Korea. :yes:

China has a habit of probing various issues like this over years to see how far other countries will respond, (sabre rattling its called), they are still probing Taiwan (ex Formosa),its a semi-serious game to them.Although China has masses of troops,they havn't yet got Military superiority over any other strong Military force.But the Chinese dont do 5 or 10 year plans,they do 100 /500 year plans,and like the lease they gave Britain on Hong Kong,a 99 year plan,which they now have repossessed.They are prepared to wait until the right opportunity turns up at the right time.Nothing will happen between them and Japan,because they know at the moment they wouldn't win.

True, but China cannot afford war with their largest trading partner. I think they are exercising their reach and testing us to see what they can get by with. When clear markers are laid down they will not cross. For all the talk of China's growing military strength, they are still nowhere near being in a league with the US. They are patient and time is on their side.

No. the chinese and amrica are trading partners. yes. but china is not intemidated by the US. they are just as strong as us. they even have the abillity to fire nukes at us if they wanted. were spread thin enough. we also don't have a large army. we get most things from china. if we go to war. our country would fall or the end would happen. The US has not fought a real war since WWII. since then we have become weaker and more dependent on china. This dispute might cause us to go to war with the chinese. i just hope this do's not happen.

The island is a secret base for marmaids and mermen and ufo's. LOL