Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Team to drill down to the Earth's mantle

Saru

hummm, stair way to heaven or the express elevator to hell? hummm.......tough call

So you don't do "what ifs..."? OK, I get it. There is no dreaming of possiblities with you, right? Oh well, maybe on some parallel universe, huh?

You're entire warning is founded on a "what if". What if your house is rigged to explode the next time you sleep? Oh noes!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You're entire warning is founded on a "what if". What if your house is rigged to explode the next time you sleep? Oh noes!

What warning?

If they miscalculate, drill to far, puncture the outer core sending tons of molten liquid gushing to the surface like a massive magma oil gusher it could destroy the magnetic field, we will lose our atmosphere and the polar axis would be constantly shifting causing massive earthquakes all over the globe possibly even moving entire continents not that anyone would be still be alive to witness it. Just saying.

Or... A more sane and scientific answer would have been;

They'll let all the air out, and the world will deflate.

I really don't think they should do this considering this.

I hope they have given this careful consideration and done research so they don't destroy the planet.

I hope they have given this careful consideration and done research so they don't destroy the planet.

Did you just say that you hope the researchers did research?