Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The strange thing about 'reading'

None of the above

Is is siad taht as lnog as the frist and lsat ltetres of a wrod are in the rghit pacle, msot polepe wlil siltl be albe to raed the wrod wehn vweeid in ctxeont.

I konw waht you are tkinhnig: "tath's all vrey good whit sorht wrdos, but waht auobt lngeor mroe cplomex wrdos whit svreael salylebls?"

Wlel, try it and see! ;)

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 1

Is is siad taht as lnog as the frist and lsat ltetres of a wrod are in the rghit pacle, msot polepe wlil siltl be albe to raed the wrod wehn vweeid in ctxeont.

I konw waht you are tkinhnig: "tath's all vrey good whit sorht wrdos, but waht auobt lngeor mroe cplomex wrdos whit svreael salylebls?"

Wlel, try it and see! ;)

That might well be true, but it's slow and uncomfortable.

• Like 2

I got eleven words in before I realized something wasn't right. haha

Ah, but did you try and respond in kind before realising that it's actually quite difficult to misspell every letter in every word apart from the first and last?

That might well be true, but it's slow and uncomfortable.

LOL, to read or to write?

Or both!

Ah, but did you try and respond in kind before realising that it's actually quite difficult to misspell every letter in every word apart from the first and last?

I'll take your word for it...I'm only half awake as it is and it's just to early here for too much of that. :wacko::tu:

Wlel, try it and see! ;)

tihnk you selpt wtih wnrog and dnot konw waht sorht is

Wlel, try it and see! ;)

tnihk im gnooa put all my asnewrs lkie tihs tdoay

• Like 1

LOL, to read or to write?

Or both!

Jsut rndaeig. Srroy, I dnid't rslaeie you wree aniksg us to rlpey in a saiilmr way.

The longer the words the slower and more uncomfortable it is ....... also, it's more likely that mistakes will be made in interpretation.

It definately says something about the recognition software in our brains.

I agree. Further, I think 'expert, complex spatial processing' of visual stimuli would be a big contributer to this.

• Like 1

A lot of bad spelling in this thead...

:tu:

• Like 5

Oh my Goddess....i just read it without difficultly or looking back until i realized what the passage was about! LOL

i guess my friends wierd misspelled texts messages got me used to reading this!

LOL

I had no problem reading this, but it's s tougher process to write like that ..

i still don't know what to make of this... elegant and stupid at the same time.. a bit like Jessica Simpson

• Like 1

Jsut rndaeig. Srroy, I dnid't rslaeie you wree aniksg us to rlpey in a saiilmr way.

Here's a good example for me of how important context is to make this work.

"Jsut rndaeig" isn't a proper sentence and I had no idea what it was meant to be.

I was thinking: "Jesuit reindeer? What you talking 'bout Willis?"

• Like 2

heh just reading it is easy but typing it out like that is near impossible for me.

lol I read this no problem. It is interesting, do you know why this is? Just curious :w00t:

good golly miss molly

I was thinking: "Jesuit reindeer? What you talking 'bout Willis?"

...ben afleck? :su

if this wasn't facebook i would like this.. immediately grabbed my attention and slammed it repeatedly against the nearest milk crate (..don't ask)

a few of us made the remark earlier about getting 5+ words into the sentance and then realising, what a minute here chuck, something isn't right.. but why did i understand it then and now that i think about it ...i don't?

.. a bit like wondering if a human should fly while soaring above the clouds maybe?

i suppose maybe i could've thought about this before posting, or done some research but i'm much too a] lazy b] unoriginal or c] chagrined to do a thing like that..

pawn to rook c4? O_o

[edit]

oh... props to your avatar, lowridergirl :hail:

[another edit]

saw your signature remark too, new member.. hmm.. you better not **** up around here we're expecting big things from you now.. hehe.. i mean 'welcome' ..those two things alone indicate to me you've got a really interesting and rewarding path ahead of you

/goes off to google Jarod Kints

[yet another edit]

how important context is to make this work.

groovy man... *this*

..and what exactly *is* this?.. like, you can't own a potato, man

it was like swatting an annoying fly in my head :)

fleeting theory of everything contained in annoying fly #26

.. the context.. is the.. container/bottle.. that the 'mssegae' (wink wink) has been placed into..and then tossed into the sea (doublechecks.. hmm,, yeah that all makes sense) so.. how do i outlay the next part? the ability to 'just know' (and skim read the jumbled words, and then realise it's jumbled, causing the stutter in the mental process) is ummm... kinda the same thing/somehow related to/ as 'being on the beach and seeing that message in that bottle wash ashore/being in the right place at the right time/being exactly where you're supposed to be' - and knowing (or is it 99% assuming?) that inside...can only be..a request for assistance, ..help!

...hey.. this weed is pretty good.. that whole rant would make a cool crazy mrs robinson seduction speech ^_^

granted, we're still toying around with it like monkeys playing with an enigma machine, but we seem to be getting there

Edited by unit
  • Like 1

@tinfoil

AHHHHHHHH I was trying to reply but I can't find the button! Maybe I am stupid with technology. Do let me know if I *Snip* up around this place. Except I am kind of a rule breaker so I am not sure if I care, we'll see, I am kind of selective when it comes to rules :whistle:

I like your quote to about Newtons second law, except sometimes when there are too many strange things in the world that nobody seems to have an answer to I question it. :rofl:

Edited by Still Waters
profanity

I was three words in ,when I wondered if you were having a bad typing day .