Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senate report slams anti-terror ‘centers'

questionmark

An initiative aimed at improving intelligence sharing has done little to make the country more secure, despite as much as $1.4 billion in federal spending, according to a two-year examination by Senate investigators.

The nationwide network of offices known as “fusion centers” was launched after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to address concerns that local, state and federal authorities were not sharing information effectively about potential terrorist threats.

But after nine years — and regular praise from officials at the Department of Homeland Security — the 77 fusion centers have become pools of ineptitude, waste and civil liberties intrusions, according to a scathing 141-page report by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs permanent subcommittee on investigations.

Read more

I just will refrain from feigning surprise.... :devil:

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 2

I'll just will refrain from feigning surprise.... :devil:

Do you remember that is was found that an Al Qaeda spy was working in DHS? He had been referred to his job by Grover Norquist, a neocon. It hit fox news but no one else carried it.

I don't know where you find that news now. I have to clean the house or I would look for it. I am positive I have it printed up somewhere in a stack of papers, cluttering my closet. I printed the news off the Federal Times. http://www.federaltimes.com/ But they pulled that article long, long ago.

Edited by regeneratia

Do you remember that is was found that an Al Qaeda spy was working in DHS? He had been referred to his job by Grover Norquist, a neocon. It hit fox news but no one else carried it.

Shh, we don't want to give away the fact that our government is a bloated incompetent carcass of what it once was... a slim incompetent moron.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 2

Shh, we don't want to give away the fact that our government is a bloated incompetent carcass of what it once was... a slim incompetent moron.

I would not call the DHS 'slim', it is so fat it is incapable of moving its behind without causing considerable damage.

I would not call the DHS 'slim', it is so fat it is incapable of moving its behind without causing considerable damage.

That's why I actually called it 'bloated', the 'slim' part was referring to when the government didn't need to slam it's greasy tentacles into every orifice of our daily lives.

If you look at the history of the most damaging spies to this country, you will note that almost all of them were within the halls of our initial agencies, like the CIA, FBI, DOD, DIA, NSA. And so on.

Meanwhile, they are repressing The People when the real damage to this country occurs within their own halls.

Edited by regeneratia

I wonder if the report will go so far as to state the fact that the average American is in more danger from thier own government and police agencies than from any terrorist.

• Like 1

If you look at the history of the most damaging spies to this country, you will note that almost all of them were within the halls of our initial agencies, like the CIA, FBI, DOD, DIA, NSA. And so on.

Meanwhile, they are repressing The People when the real damage to this country occurs within their own halls.

Well duh. In order for a spy to do damage they must have access to important information. Those "initial" agencies are where the secrets are.

you didn't really think those centers were made to actually fight terror in the first place, did you? just another way politicians steal money, and return\do favors.

As many of us have been saying for about 11 years, the Global War On Terror is a hoax of epic proportions.

Through the staged events of 11 September, the government has grown by leaps and bounds, and constitutional principles have been slashed and nullified.

Yes, the beat goes on.....

• Like 1

"pools of ineptitude, waste and civil liberties intrusions" .... yup, that's our government alright !

Glory (hole) seeker Hoover and Morpine McCarthy would be so proud of the police state they helped father. Or would it have exposed them before they died?

That might very well be the case Gromdor.

And if we count being tased by a police officer, the number is probably 2 or 3 times that.