Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Turkey Fires Back After Syria Shelling

questionmark

Syrian forces would be beaten badly by a real army like Turkey's. If a war started from scratch between the two countries I'd say Syria's forces might hold their own but the army has been fighting a war for 18 months with many casualties and destroyed equipment. The Turks would bulldoze them today...

it's funny how crooked your world view is, and i mean by that the nature you weight right from wrong, the way you decide who is right and who is wrong is looking on who might eventually win at the end, i don't know if this opportunity nature is a special talent of you or its only because you have a western upbringing

the aggressor here is obviously turkey, they have no business what so ever to carry such an aggression on Syria, let say that Assad is a complete devil, why they are sticking their nose in our affairs ? this is rule number one not to middle in other people internal issues, let alone organizing Thousands of terrorist and send them groups after groups, and trucks of arms to violent groups, and then expect nothing to happen !?

and Threatening us of their army really will do nothing, we spend the past 40 years challenging supper powers that have much bigger armies than us

so this point is hollow

it's funny how crooked your world view is, and i mean by that the nature you weight right from wrong, the way you decide who is right and who is wrong is looking on who might eventually win at the end, i don't know if this opportunity nature is a special talent of you or its only because you have a western upbringing

the aggressor here is obviously turkey, they have no business what so ever to carry such an aggression on Syria, let say that Assad is a complete devil, why they are sticking their nose in our affairs ? this is rule number one not to middle in other people internal issues, let alone organizing Thousands of terrorist and send them groups after groups, and trucks of arms to violent groups, and then expect nothing to happen !?

and Threatening us of their army really will do nothing, we spend the past 40 years challenging supper powers that have much bigger armies than us

so this point is hollow

Whether it was an accident or was intentional, a mortar from Syria killed 5 Turks. Turkey has a right to respond to this. The only thing special about Syria's military is it's possession of chemical and biological weapons. But if they use those weapons Israel and NATO are going to be all over them like a cheap suit. If it weren't for your Russian friends the West would have probably turned your lights off by now so practice saying SPACIBA....
  • Like 2

Wait what? few mortars hit Turkish town and the Turkish military is in full invasion against the aggressor? The Turkish reaction is not proportionate.... I think we should send a flotilla to the aid of the poor Syrians under attack ! :-P

• Like 1

Wait what? few mortars hit Turkish town and the Turkish military is in full invasion against the aggressor? The Turkish reaction is not proportionate.... I think we should send a flotilla to the aid of the poor Syrians under attack ! :-P

we are not that desperate, just keep worrying about Israel, plus turkey statically have a better army than yours, so don't act tough

on the people level , nor Syrians nor turkeys want any conflict

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul

If Syria starts messing with Turkey,the put themselves in a no win situation,it would be like poking a sleeping Grizzly with a stick.

If Syria starts messing with Turkey,the put themselves in a no win situation,it would be like poking a sleeping Grizzly with a stick.

lol we have a long history of doing just that, but we eventually reconcile with them, we also have a long history together being part of one nation so the people on both sides would not want to fight each other if given the chance,

the past 10 years we made a huge efforts to strengthen our relationship with them on All levels, it was an 11 points agreement

that allowed many economic benefits for them, the efforts was mostly from our side, every thing was turning just great, the borders was opened between us, and one can pass between both countries freely

what their government is doing now is that they are destroying their own position in the middle east and their relationship with the Arab world, the Turkish people don't see any reason of doing that,

• Like 1

Maybe Erdog has dreams of being Calipha :nw:

For everyone saying (hoping even?) that this is a false flag attack the Syrian government has admitted that they fired the shots. As shocking as it is to believe events do happen in the world without them being some evil American plot.

Edited by Corp
  • Like 2

Turkey openly house terrorists responsible for attacks against Syria and the Syrian people, even providing them with a base of operations. This in itself is an act of war. Is anyone surprised Syria attacked the place?

Both of these governments are so in the wrong here though it's a bit hard to take sides...

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Turkey openly house terrorists responsible for attacks against Syria and the Syrian people, even providing them with a base of operations. This in itself is an act of war. Is anyone surprised Syria attacked the place?

Both of these governments are so in the wrong here though it's a bit hard to take sides...

Very true. But Turkey is a NATO country and if the illusion of solidarity is to be preserved NATO might just have to become involved - when Turkey asks for it. But this was just an errant idiot with a mortar is my guess. I haven't heard if Turkey has kept up the shelling a third day....that would be bad.

So Lebanon is helping the rebels?

lol we have a long history of doing just that, but we eventually reconcile with them, we also have a long history together being part of one nation so the people on both sides would not want to fight each other if given the chance,

the past 10 years we made a huge efforts to strengthen our relationship with them on All levels, it was an 11 points agreement

that allowed many economic benefits for them, the efforts was mostly from our side, every thing was turning just great, the borders was opened between us, and one can pass between both countries freely

what their government is doing now is that they are destroying their own position in the middle east and their relationship with the Arab world, the Turkish people don't see any reason of doing that,

The people don't want war BUT however but back retaliation. Anyway why do you keep changing sides? you either stick with Assad or not

Given that the Arab world wants Assad gone I don't think they'd mind that much if Turkey slapped him around. So long as the fighting doesn't spread of course.

Anyway why do you keep changing sides? you either stick with Assad or not

i want a democratic solution, i don't even mind if Assad stepped down, however the current opposition mad the mistake of declaring a war, and their Goal is only to kill Assad, they don't have any plan to support than that, and then they might start finishing off Alwaits or Shiaa, and i don't believe in divisions, but unity

on the other side Assad have a well established system with obvious goals, and i agree with that goals even though i know that there is lots of things that need to be fixed

Assad on one side represent secularism and that is very hard in the ME to hold , the currents that is rising now is the political sunni islam, and that is the core of the revolution in Syria and i don't like that because its not fitting with the fabric of the Syrian people

i'm saying that knowing that i'm actually a sunni

but a change force is extremely needed to make enough Pressure on the politicians to push toward reforms, so that's how i see the benefits of the opposition,

if you ask me, i will tell you that we have the right to change our president even if we saw that he is not good enough.

but the opposition believe that we only want to kill the president because he is evil Alwait (he is actually a sunni lol) and then replace him with a sunni ruler

so you tell me which side should i take ?

No their goal is to remove Assad from Power, it was him he started the violence none of that would of happen

No their goal is to remove Assad from Power

they have all the rights to do so,

i will tell you things that you might not know about, at the very first week or two Assad was confronted with many politicians among them ones who deflected later

with the fact that the people are asking for their rights and they should be given them, and he agreed on making all the wanted reforms,

next few weeks all he was doing is that he visited as much cites of Syria as possible and met with the people and asked what their demands are

the demands was Classified under 1000 points, next he promised many political reforms which he completely implement

all that didn't sit well with various countries among them western countries and gulf countries, the US see him as an enemy because he is in an alliance with all the countries that US see them as enemies, the gulf countries also hate him because his alliance with Iran, those countries instead of being a mutual side, they got involved with all possible means possible to demonize Assad, which triggered a sense of imperial invasion on us, which caused a huge amounts of Syrians to retaliate against that, because we are not used of being under influence of those countries, Assad have a policy of self sustained economy and alliance with demonized countries like Venezuela which guaranty us to not be under the west influence unlike Saudi Arabia and Canada for example

and this is what makes him important, to many people of Syria, so things are little bit more complected than you think,

they have all the rights to do so,

i will tell you things that you might not know about, at the very first week or two Assad was confronted with many politicians among them ones who deflected later

with the fact that the people are asking for their rights and they should be given them, and he agreed on making all the wanted reforms,

next few weeks all he was doing is that he visited as much cites of Syria as possible and met with the people and asked what their demands are

the demands was Classified under 1000 points, next he promised many political reforms which he completely implement

all that didn't sit well with various countries among them western countries and gulf countries, the US see him as an enemy because he is in an alliance with all the countries that US see them as enemies, the gulf countries also hate him because his alliance with Iran, those countries instead of being a mutual side, they got involved with all possible means possible to demonize Assad, which triggered a sense of imperial invasion on us, which caused a huge amounts of Syrians to retaliate against that, because we are not used of being under influence of those countries, Assad have a policy of self sustained economy and alliance with demonized countries like Venezuela which guaranty us to not be under the west influence unlike Saudi Arabia and Canada for example

and this is what makes him important, to many people of Syria, so things are little bit more complected than you think,

There is nothing "complicated" about killing children, women and old people, just brutally evil. Edited by and then

There is nothing "complicated" about killing children, women and old people, just brutally evil.

you made a post to say that killing is bad, isn't that like the most basic thing that every body should know since childhood ?

you made a post to say that killing is bad, isn't that like the most basic thing that every body should know since childhood ?

The idea there is that your explanation of the situation in Syria is flawed,imo, because it IS very simple and basic - your government is slaughtering it's own people. And eventually your government is going to be defeated by the people (along with outsiders) and your country is probably not going to know real peace for years. And it all started because of the ego of your leader.

Yes, so why is your President killing people,instead of meeting the opposing side and talking out a solution.Its a no win situation for both sides at the moment, and I feel sorry for the ordinary people,who must be really scared about surviving.

Yes, so why is your President killing people,instead of meeting the opposing side and talking out a solution.

they repeated for a Thousands times now to come to the table to talk, where ever they want, not even in Damascus, the opposition can choose what ever country to host a meeting to talk, even with no Preconditions, in fact that was the main solution from the beginning offered by the government, the opposition refuse to enter a talk, i would love if they sit down on one table

it's funny i remember many month ago i said to knight of shadows that the opposition should respond to the government offer of talking out a solution before disasters happens, and he thought that i was stupid for uttering such word

Edited by the-Unexpected-Soul

it's funny i remember many month ago i said to knight of shadows that the opposition should respond to the government offer of talking out a solution before disasters happens, and he thought that i was stupid for uttering such word

Are the Rebels right, or is the Government right,? or cant you say in case someone comes knocking on your door. Keep your head down buddy, because it's going on for a while.
  • Like 1

Are the Rebels right, or is the Government right,

they both have rights and wrongs

they both have rights and wrongs

yep, sit on the fence until you see which way the wind is blowing,bye