Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is your life completely meaningless?

Professor T

Well I had made a thread a while ago about that what I believe to be most likely result after death, nothing. So if nothing comes after death essentially everything you do in this life means nothing when you're gone and everything alive it affected.

But the thing that makes us human is the ability to theorise outcomes like these and pose questions like this about our existence. Most importantly is to continue in life regardless of the hopelessness of situations. As I am alive I do have a purpose and meaning, what happens afterwards is not known.

Though to consider the concept of life and death as the ultimate fairness, no matter how long you lived, what you experienced, what you've done etc is completely void in the end. Everyone starts and finishes on the same level.

But to others, the thought of an afterlife gives their life definite meaning. Because they are judged on what they do an must live their life as such.

Some may be questioning myself now, because I believe that most likely there is nothing after death I may act immorally and such? No. Regardless if there is an afterlife or not, the most important thing I believe is to live as yourself. As long as that doesn't affect other people in a big negative way. I don't fight people or get violent or undergo cruel acts to living things. I am not promiscuous, I am 20 and remain a virgin as well as quite void of any sexual activities even given the chances I had. I treat others who respect themselves with respect.

My ultimate goal in life is to become the richest man in the world, buyout all the other greedy billionaires and distribute 99.99% of my wealth to those who need it and ensure the money is used effectively. Though that is incredibly unlikely haha.

I do have a few other important purposes in my life. The last thing I want to do is, is fail myself. If I do that I fail all those who rely on me.

I have noticed some people who idolise others who stand against a lot that person believes in. As some of you have mentioned previously it is due to the media. I want to make a difference there too, to allow people to think for themselves. To know that most of the time they don't know what they want so they look at what "everyone else" wants which what the media portrays is very core to this.

• Like 1

Depends on the context, doesn't it? In the context of the universe, the cosmos, my life probably has little, if any meaning. But, you know, I don't live out there in the cosmos, I live right here on my street, in my town, in my community. In context of family & friends, my life has a lot of meaning, especially to me. And I think to my kids, because I'm their rock, and to my grandkids, because I love them unconditionally. My friends, because I love & support them, my community because I contribute to making it a good, safe place to live. My mind gets bogged down when I try to deal with a much larger picture, but I do real well with what's right here and what's immediate and who needs my love & support.

• Like 1

Depends on the context, doesn't it? In the context of the universe, the cosmos, my life probably has little, if any meaning. But, you know, I don't live out there in the cosmos, I live right here on my street, in my town, in my community. In context of family & friends, my life has a lot of meaning, especially to me. And I think to my kids, because I'm their rock, and to my grandkids, because I love them unconditionally. My friends, because I love & support them, my community because I contribute to making it a good, safe place to live. My mind gets bogged down when I try to deal with a much larger picture, but I do real well with what's right here and what's immediate and who needs my love & support.

The context of purpose and meaning is from your self.. (see the flow)

Self purpose and meaning does not come from, universe, cosmos, town, neighnors or family into you.

←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←←

Self Purpose & Meaning flows out and into family, neighbours, town, cosmos, universe.

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→

At least that's how I'm starting to see it..