Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spectacular hummingbirds (video)

Still Waters

They're very beautiful creatures. Of course not all of nature is nice and pretty, but it's nice to look at the aspects that are :)

That's lovely!

We certainly have them here, SW. My aunt has always had feeders and always attracts them. They are very territorial lil critters! I have watched them fight with bumble bees over the feeders. When we had our bottlebrush trees, we'd see them all the time. Now the trees are gone and so are the hummers. :(

We certainly have them here, SW. My aunt has always had feeders and always attracts them. They are very territorial lil critters! I have watched them fight with bumble bees over the feeders. When we had our bottlebrush trees, we'd see them all the time. Now the trees are gone and so are the hummers. :(

That's a shame they've gone from you. A friend has them and he puts out feeders for them and takes photos, then sends the photos to me because he knows I like them. He linked me to a webcam last year of a nest with an egg in it. Hummingbirds look so delicate and the ones I've seen have very pretty colours. It would be nice to have them in this country.

There are other things you can plant to attract them . They are on your migration trajectory .

I have a url somewhere. Hold on

La~

http://www.hummingbirds.net/attract.html

http://landscaping.about.com/cs/forthebirds/a/hummingbirds.htm

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I love the hummingbirds, I keep two or three feeders out in the summertime. I have them hanging in a tree close to my front window so I can watch them. They have been gone for about a week now and I miss them but I don't miss the massive amounts of sugar I was going through.