Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret Cold War tests In St. Louis

Ashotep

Doris Spates was a baby when her father died inexplicably in 1955. She has watched four siblings die of cancer, and she survived cervical cancer.

After learning that the Army conducted secret chemical testing in her impoverished St. Louis neighborhood at the height of the Cold War, she wonders if her own government is to blame.

Secret Cold War tests in St. Louis cause worry

They were spraying neighborhoods with this chemical and now they think it could be the cause of so many getting sick. This happened in the 1950's and 60's. Wonder where else they did stuff like this.

I declare Shenanigans! I guess there's just no end to what our 'leaders' will do to us. No wonder people are so screwed up.

• Like 2

Has our government or 'secret weapons' planners had any sort of change of heart?

In other words, does this sort of thing still go on?

• Like 1

That would be horrible.

I grew up just south of St. Louis in Imperial Missouri.

If anyone remembers back in the early 1980's, we were forced to move because we lived on one of the Times Beach dioxin sites (Minker/Stout).

• Like 1

Has our government or 'secret weapons' planners had any sort of change of heart?

In other words, does this sort of thing still go on?

Could that could be one reason so many of "UFO" files are classified if you know what I mean, not aliens doing some of the tests but under the guise?

• Like 1

I'm hoping they didn't realize how dangerous that was at the time.

I'm hoping they didn't realize how dangerous that was at the time.

they thought it was dangerous they just didn't know how much. Once they saw how it affected their "Lab Rats" they checked it off as a WMD and stored it for later use.

Hard to jump to conclusions on this one, without a lot more info.

What would be the point of spraying radioactive material? That is probably nonsense.

That would be horrible.

I grew up just south of St. Louis in Imperial Missouri.

If anyone remembers back in the early 1980's, we were forced to move because we lived on one of the Times Beach dioxin sites (Minker/Stout).

My step-father made his career on that case.

No surprise here.

Similar behavior by the government happened many times in those days, including documented experiments with LSD and other drugs.

Tuskeegee experiments with syphillis on black men.

I've seen film of US jets flying by US Navy vessels and spraying chemicals to see the human reaction to the chemicals.

United States of Guinea Pigs???