Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Sheep born with upside-down head? (video)

Still Waters

No, he only wants to dine upon this delicious pasture. Meet Terry the sheep. He lives in the United Kingdom and was born with his head screwed on backward. Despite his flip-flopped dome, Terry is in good health and goes about his sheep business as usual. It's unclear what caused Terry's condition.

http://io9.com/59487...t-your-sympathy

Does this sheep's head look upside-down to you? It's hard to tell from the video. It looks more like he's holding his head sideways somehow.

• Like 1

It is really hard to tell, you only get a few seconds of a close-up view.

Sheep sometimes like to tilt their heads to eat rather than move themselves but it is possible it suffered a seizure at some point which makes it hold its head at an odd angle.

I seen that with a neighbors cat once, it held its head sideways for quite awhile and we were told it had a seizure due to some heatstroke or something. He got better after a year but it looked weird.

• Like 1

My brother in law had a sheep like that once, The neck got twisted, and the muscles damaged when it was born. It was wierd seeing it running about with its head flopping about, but i was healthy in all other regards.

• Like 1

Hmmmm...not sure but am edging towards not real... :hmm:

Edited by ThePhantomFlanFlinger
  • Like 1

Hmm, guy in a field full of sheep with a video camera...? Kinda makes me wonder if it was a New Zealand story that wandered over to that Aussie news outlet...

• Like 3

Some footage of the sheep walking about and interacting with other sheep would have been helpful.

is it possible that the sheep's head was right side up and that it's body was upside down? :)

• Like 2

How about zooming in the entire time? I think this sheep's head is just fine and these people have upside down brains.

• Like 1

Not sure what to think. I guess deformities of many kinds are possible. Never heard of this one though.

For example, there is a human condition where the internal organs are opposite; that is, the heart is on the right side instead of the left.

Caused quite a stir in the ER. It's a very rare condition I guess.

• Like 1

I've seen things like this a lot at the wildlife center. If it's not just twisting it's head a weird way, it's probably neurological.

• Like 1

Seems pretty obvious to me that this is a fake. When the sheep is filmed 'grazing' it looks like the mouth is not open or even moving. Someone has obvisouly put some kind of mask over the poor animal's head.

• Like 1

Its Jake Tuckers sheep. :tu:

• Like 1

Seems pretty obvious to me that this is a fake. When the sheep is filmed 'grazing' it looks like the mouth is not open or even moving. Someone has obviously put some kind of mask over the poor animal's head.

The video is shot in Saltburn which is part of Cleveland,East Cleveland to be precise(NOT North Yorkshire which another report about this claims) and we have a saying in North Yorkshire and Durham....'Born and inbred in East Cleveland'...take of that what you will...

eta....gorgeous Fish and Chips shop there though... :)

Edited by ThePhantomFlanFlinger

No, he only wants to dine upon this delicious pasture. Meet Terry the sheep. He lives in the United Kingdom and was born with his head screwed on backward. Despite his flip-flopped dome, Terry is in good health and goes about his sheep business as usual. It's unclear what caused Terry's condition.

http://io9.com/59487...t-your-sympathy

Does this sheep's head look upside-down to you? It's hard to tell from the video. It looks more like he's holding his head sideways somehow.

That's what I thought.

Does everyone not realise that sheep have necks and they are able to twist and contort their necks?

• Like 1

Why are people posting videos that either get removed, or deleted by users.... its frustrating

Edit: I checked youtube and it seems the guy is mad people are taking his video and adding it to there channel

So hes being a big baby and trying to get others to take it down

-----

• I was gunna post the conversation but the swearing is horrible so i wont add it

Edited by JeffRobinson

I'm tired of this sheep. Someone find a two headed snake filmed from 3 miles away.