Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blasts from the past.

Professor T

спасебо! :) What I like about these old shows is the positive titles, like this one you posted, or The Tomorrow People etc. New shows seem vacuous and nihilistic even by comparison. Perhaps back in the days when we faced nuclear war, we had put on a happy smiley face and at least pretend there would be a "Wonderful Future"....

So true!! so true....

There was so much more questioning about the world back then. It was up-beat, it was more positive, it was feel good.. Not only can you see it in the old TV shows, but you can also hear it in the music of decades past.. People looked forward into the future and saw good things.. But they also relished on the moment they were in.. Today... Ha! there's a whole lot of people out there that can see beyond 21st of december.. lol..

• Like 1

Oooooooo, wasn't that mr drysdale a money hungry old coot.

The Beverly Hilbillies.

• Like 3

This is not a TV show, but it's so iconic, so fantastical, so loved almost to the condition of religious adoration :wub: that I cannot resist showing BU - RA - TI - NO

Long two part film from 1975, The Adventures of Buratino is a Russian version of Pinnochio written by Alexey Tolstoy. It is set in a "Southern European town" and has some of the same characters, though the story is very different. This clip is the end song of the film. It is edited to show the young actors in the audience, without make up, singing along to themselves on screen. It is impossible to overstate how loved this film is, even after all these years. The director died two years ago, and even people not born when the film was made were saddened by this news.

And here the arrival of Barabas Karabas and his puppet theatre

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 2

Night Gallery! That show always scared the hell out of me... and I loved it!

One night, I watched an episode at a friend's house- one about a shadow of the person appearing on the wall once they died- and afterwards, ran all the way home...on gravel...barefoot. Hehehehe

That Family Theater program I mentioned...I can't find any info about it now, but I distinctly remember the intro. It was a pitch dark background and there was a table where there was a skull and a candelabra with candles burning down, and the announcer said "Welcome to Family Theater" in an ultra creepy, Vincent Price-like voice. Actually, that could have been Price's voice...I don't know.

• Like 2

Going back, back...

Soupy Sales show

Tom Terriffic with Mighty Manfred the wonder dog

The Jack Benny Program

George Burns Gracie Allen show

Our Miss Brooks

Super Circus

Leave It To Beaver

and, The Great One...

• Like 2

This is not a TV show, but it's so iconic, so fantastical, so loved almost to the condition of religious adoration :wub: that I cannot resist showing BU - RA - TI - NO

Long two part film from 1975, The Adventures of Buratino is a Russian version of Pinnochio written by Alexey Tolstoy. It is set in a "Southern European town" and has some of the same characters, though the story is very different. This clip is the end song of the film. It is edited to show the young actors in the audience, without make up, singing along to themselves on screen. It is impossible to overstate how loved this film is, even after all these years. The director died two years ago, and even people not born when the film was made were saddened by this news.

My favorite director, of all time, Andrei Tarkovsky..

And the only fillm he did in English is the only one I dont have, lol..

I don't speak russian or italian, but his films were 100% origional masterpieces..

Night Gallery! That show always scared the hell out of me... and I loved it!

One night, I watched an episode at a friend's house- one about a shadow of the person appearing on the wall once they died- and afterwards, ran all the way home...on gravel...barefoot. Hehehehe

That Family Theater program I mentioned...I can't find any info about it now, but I distinctly remember the intro. It was a pitch dark background and there was a table where there was a skull and a candelabra with candles burning down, and the announcer said "Welcome to Family Theater" in an ultra creepy, Vincent Price-like voice. Actually, that could have been Price's voice...I don't know.

I think this might be the one..

Night Gallery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9pToHSFdwk

• Like 3

Back when I was a little kid was when the cartoons were the best!

Recess

Kim Possible

Lilo & Stitch

Lloyd in Space

Just to name a couple.

There was also a series that BBC did about Dinosaurs...How they came to be and their extinction. It was called Walk of the Dinosaurs or something.

Tee he.. This was a spooky one..

again, another I've got on DVD.. lol.

Chocky..

Hedgehog in the fog. English subtitles. Don't be embarrased to weep at this classic :blush:

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 1

That was pretty cool. ^^

Never seen that before.. I liked the animations, the realisim of light and fog..

Damn that was like 10,000 times better than spongebob.

Thanks for posting it..

The Space Giants Villian: Rodak had those creepy minions featureless black figures that turned to slime when they died.

• Like 2

I forgot Captain Video and his Video Rangers!

Space Patrol

Whirlybirds

The Cisco Kid

Captain Midnight

Sky King

Science Fiction Theater

• Like 2

Jeez, I liked so many. I haven't seen these mentioned...

Daniel Boone, Fury, The Lone Ranger, Casper, The Pink Panther, The Big Valley, Mannix, The Carol Burnett Show

• Like 2

Here's an oldie..

Beany & Cecil.

• Like 2

Almost forgot this one.

Man from Atlantis..

• Like 2

Monkey Magic!

Thanks Ibstak, you reminded me of this theme song.

• Like 1