Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Graduate finds work as human scarecrow

Still Waters

t sounds like the ideal job - the chance to sit down, read a book and perhaps idly strum a ukulele.

But Bangor University graduate Jamie Fox has to do it in all weathers, as a human scarecrow in a field in Norfolk.

Mr Fox, 22, has been employed to scare partridges from a field of oilseed rape at Aylsham because conventional birdscarers have not worked.

As well as wearing a bright orange coat, Mr Fox uses an accordion and a cowbell to frighten the birds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...orfolk-19846642

• Like 1

Sounds like a good gig, unless someone decides to make a crop circle on top of you.

• Like 1

I like the sound of that job!

• Like 1

I wonder if he takes a packed lunch with him. He better watch out if he does, that'll attract the birds :D

• Like 2

The Fantastic Mr. Fox?

Roald Dahl :tu:

• Like 1

Just think he could be working at McDonald's instead.

• Like 1

I'm jealous. That would be a fun way to spend the day. Chasing birds! LOL!

• Like 1

He should try playing the bagpipes! Now that would just about scare every living thing within earshot!

Halloween will be here soon. A scarecrow coming to life suddenly really scares the neighborhood kids.

t sounds like the ideal job - the chance to sit down, read a book and perhaps idly strum a ukulele.

But Bangor University graduate Jamie Fox has to do it in all weathers, as a human scarecrow in a field in Norfolk.

Mr Fox, 22, has been employed to scare partridges from a field of oilseed rape at Aylsham because conventional birdscarers have not worked.

As well as wearing a bright orange coat, Mr Fox uses an accordion and a cowbell to frighten the birds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...orfolk-19846642

""Partridges love rape - it's like fillet steak to them"

Did I just read that right??

Halloween will be here soon. A scarecrow coming to life suddenly really scares the neighborhood kids.

Not in my neighbourhood. There'd be straw and teeth strewn across the street. Poor scarecrow.