Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alzheimer's and the fillings in our teeth

Karlis

One of the biggest hidden health issues of our time is mercury toxicity from mercury amalgam dental fillings

These fillings have long been proven to off-gas mercury vapors in the presence of heat and abrasion. Not only when fillings are placed, but when they are removed, and also when you chew, grind teeth, drink hot liquids, shower, sauna, and jar your jaw in accidents, sports, and falls. The levels at which off-gassing happens is greater than previously thought. ... Read more

Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, November 20, 2008

Mercury Dental Amalgams Banned in 3 Countries

FDA, EPA, ADA Still Allow and Encourage Heavy-Metal Fillings

FDA says, "Dental amalgams contain mercury, which may have neurotoxic effects on the nervous systems of developing children and fetuses. When amalgam fillings are placed in teeth or removed from teeth, they release mercury vapor. Mercury vapor is also released during chewing." (1) And a considerable amount is released, too. So-called "silver" fillings are 50% mercury.

In January 2008, Norway and Sweden totally banned mercury fillings. In April 2008, Denmark banned mercury fillings. Norwegian Minister of the Environment Erik Solheim said, "Mercury is among the most dangerous environmental toxins." (2)

Read more

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FurthurBB

• Karlis

• Indiogene

• Idano

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercury is linked to brain damage, the most known cases are the "Mad hatters" whom got the nickname from their "madness" after years of exposure to mercury-laden ink used to make hats. Mercury isn't known to cause autism in children after receiving vaccines thought to contain mercury and other chemicals, but the side effects of vaccines found in some of these children mimick mercury poisoning and what it does to the brain. I guess mercury fillings can cause long term effects in people when they age to the level of senior citizens most prone to developing Alzheimer's, then I don't firmly believe mercury has anything to do with Alzheimer's (sorry).

Oh terrific.... my back teeth are full. I crowned a couple with gold a few years ago, but can't afford that now :no: How about the white stuff, is that ok?

Sounds like that needs to be banned. I have several fillings, that's scary.

Mercury is linked to brain damage, the most known cases are the "Mad hatters" whom got the nickname from their "madness" after years of exposure to mercury-laden ink used to make hats. Mercury isn't known to cause autism in children after receiving vaccines thought to contain mercury and other chemicals, but the side effects of vaccines found in some of these children mimick mercury poisoning and what it does to the brain. I guess mercury fillings can cause long term effects in people when they age to the level of senior citizens most prone to developing Alzheimer's, then I don't firmly believe mercury has anything to do with Alzheimer's (sorry).

The mercury in dental fillings is very different from the mercury that used to be in vaccines. No children have ever shown any signs of organic or inorganic mercury poisoning from vaccines. Autism is nothing at all like any type of mercury poisoning.

One of the biggest hidden health issues of our time is mercury toxicity from mercury amalgam dental fillings

These fillings have long been proven to off-gas mercury vapors in the presence of heat and abrasion. Not only when fillings are placed, but when they are removed, and also when you chew, grind teeth, drink hot liquids, shower, sauna, and jar your jaw in accidents, sports, and falls. The levels at which off-gassing happens is greater than previously thought. ... Read more

Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, November 20, 2008

Mercury Dental Amalgams Banned in 3 Countries

FDA, EPA, ADA Still Allow and Encourage Heavy-Metal Fillings

FDA says, "Dental amalgams contain mercury, which may have neurotoxic effects on the nervous systems of developing children and fetuses. When amalgam fillings are placed in teeth or removed from teeth, they release mercury vapor. Mercury vapor is also released during chewing." (1) And a considerable amount is released, too. So-called "silver" fillings are 50% mercury.

In January 2008, Norway and Sweden totally banned mercury fillings. In April 2008, Denmark banned mercury fillings. Norwegian Minister of the Environment Erik Solheim said, "Mercury is among the most dangerous environmental toxins." (2)

Read more

Well, lucky me, I had my first cavity a couple of years ago when I was in my late 30s, so I have no mercury dental fillings. Although I like the way the new composite fillings look, they do not last as long as the old heavy metal ones. I wish they could find something that is as durable as the metal fillings but safer.