Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How "Ancient Aliens" have lied to you

Harte

I know I come across as harsh on this matter, but you can safely regard pretty much everything said by Tsoukalos and von Däniken and the other Ancient Aliens talking heads as unreliable twaddle. Or, as questionmark so artfully put it, BoolKrappy.

And I'll ask you both to stop bandying about my Ascended Master's name like that. It shows a real lack of respect for him.

It's already hard enough to get him to allow me to channel him, what with his demands for single malt scotch and what have you.

Harte

I think the wtory about Georgio in the GP proves one thing - thst he has the ability to suck all the air out of room just be entering it.

• Like 3

Georgio reminds me of a cross between a young Howie Mandel and Robb Schneider

It's also possible, however, that at the time Georgio was standing in the King's Chamber, his massive hair caused so much displacement of oxygen that there was barely enough to fuel his lighter. Or perhaps he forgot to refill it that morning. :rolleyes:

Mind you all that Hair Gel he uses to make his hair stand up must be one big fire hazard.

Here's what I was thinking of:

Source

Of course, that reference could also be wrong. If you google it, you'll find many websites that list the sphinx as being sandstone as well.

Well, the Sphinx certainly can't be made out of granite or diorite, of course. It's a known fact that the ancients couldn't carve such hard stone, so they needed alien assistance. Or some super-advanced technology now lost to us. All we "skeptics" do is contribute citations to professional literature written by experts in the field. We don't use our imaginations or keep an "open mind" to advance a "paradigm shift" or, even worse, sit down and demonstrate on video how we skeptic posters could recreate such hard-stone artifacts with our own hands. Blah blah and et cetera.

That's another debate, however. I must be in a mood.

I sometimes see internet sources mentioning the Red Pyramid is made of sandstone because it certainly resembles sandstone, but it's not. It's limestone with a reddish hue. Jimmy Dunn, a frequent writer and contributor for Tour Egypt, states:

"The pyramid gets its common name from the reddish limestone used to build most of its core, but it is also sometimes referred to as the Shining or Northern Pyramid."

Source.

True, and I have messaged my thanks to him for this in the past - at his blog "Paleobabble."

I plan to go there and thank him for the current website as well, though likely Chris White had more to do with its creation.

I wasn't aware of Paleobabble. Yet another fine resource. You're on a roll. For those interested in it, here's the link.

LOL He uses the word "twaddle" I like that word too. Must be an old guy thing.

Now that you've gone Big Time here, as a moderator, and people are calling you "Mr. Sesh," (which really cracks me up - I'm sure you could tell,) I was hoping you'd use your new superpowers to plug that geyser up! LOL

People are calling me Mr. Sesh? That's embarrassing. Sounds like my dad, although he's not really called Mr. Sesh. But rest assured, I aim to keep that geyser under control. Enough said on that.

And I'll ask you both to stop bandying about my Ascended Master's name like that. It shows a real lack of respect for him.

It's already hard enough to get him to allow me to channel him, what with his demands for single malt scotch and what have you.

Harte

My deepest apologies. I assure you, no offense was intended to either you or your Ascended Master. I now realize it should have been stated more like this:

Or, as questionmark so artfully put it, BoolKrappy.*

*All rights and veneration reserved to the Ascended Master. All hail the Ascended Master.

How apropos.

Two connotative meanings of "to moderate" or "moderator" are stable and enduring.

Let's try to keep it down now. This is about aliens and how and whether or not they

are really debunked.

:alien:

• Like 1

AA and people who believe such are putting the cart before the horse IMO. They need to show actual, verifiable evidence that aliens exist first, before claiming they had anything to do with our development. "We don't know, so it must be aliens" isn't a valid argument.

cormac

Can ancient aliens (the creature not the show) be debunked? Well since you can't prove a negative and there is no evidence to support ancient aliens visiting the Earth then I would have to say no they can't be debunked. However, once any kind of actual as opposed to perceived evidence does appear then we can give it a shot.

I must tip my hat to Chris White and Michael Heiser for a masterfully done and beautifully produced debunking of the critical points raised by the Ancient Aliens mocumentaries. Thanks for sharing the link to this Harte. Now that it's on YouTube, these points which have been raised time and again in the hallowed halls of this very forum and many others can no longer be ignored by the fringe among us! :tu:

And on a side note, who the hell appointed that crazy Sesh chap to moderator status?!?! Egads, the world is going to Hell in a hand basket! :P

;) Congrats you crusty old mummy you. :D

• Like 2

Can ancient aliens (the creature not the show) be debunked? Well since you can't prove a negative and there is no evidence to support ancient aliens visiting the Earth then I would have to say no they can't be debunked. However, once any kind of actual as opposed to perceived evidence does appear then we can give it a shot.

You bring up a good point but I would refer you to cormac's preceding post. He nailed the situation in his explanation. No hypothesis about ancient aliens can stand unless there is evidence to present such a hypothesis. That has to happen first before anyone can take the idea seriously. There's simply no reason to try to prove something for which there is no real-world proof, which you mentioned, but if the hypothesis cannot even reach that level of development, it isn't worth one's time.

It will remain the subject of that idiotic television show and the subject of innumerable half-baked books that really contribute nothing tangible to mankind, and that's the extent of it.

My, it seems I am indeed in a mood today. :devil:

And on a side note, who the hell appointed that crazy Sesh chap to moderator status?!?! Egads, the world is going to Hell in a hand basket! :P

;) Congrats you crusty old mummy you. :D

Thanks, boo. Although I must remind the group yet again, that photo is not me! I don't look that good.

And on the subject of my new Moderator status, just so you know, I paid a hell of a lot of money for that!

That's not true. Really. :lol:

Thanks, boo. Although I must remind the group yet again, that photo is not me! I don't look that good.

And on the subject of my new Moderator status, just so you know, I paid a hell of a lot of money for that!

That's not true. Really. :lol:

LOL :lol:

Well I'm glad someone is willing to do that moderation work. Couldn't pay me enough to do it! For God's sake, I'd have to be sober most of the time! No no no! :no: Not for me! :P

fl-badsanta.jpg

LOL :lol:

Well I'm glad someone is willing to do that moderation work. Couldn't pay me enough to do it! For God's sake, I'd have to be sober most of the time! No no no! :no: Not for me! :P

fl-badsanta.jpg

Hey, I'm a new Mod here but I've been one at another site for years now and have served the role in a couple of other forums. This is to say, it's not a new experience for me, so I know of what I speak: who says we Mods have to be sober most of the time? drinks.gif

• Like 1

Hey, I'm a new Mod here but I've been one at another site for years now and have served the role in a couple of other forums. This is to say, it's not a new experience for me, so I know of what I speak: who says we Mods have to be sober most of the time? drinks.gif

Well if I may say so, Saru made good choices with you and The Sky Scanner in this regard. :tu:

I look forward to being admonished by such fine fellows as yourselves when I cross the line.

:P

Well if I may say so, Saru made good choices with you and The Sky Scanner in this regard. :tu:

I look forward to being admonished by such fine fellows as yourselves when I cross the line.

Beware, boo. Flattery will get you everywhere.

I'm cheap.

• Like 1

Beware, boo. Flattery will get you everywhere.

I'm cheap.

I buy that just as readily as I buy your claim that you paid to be a moderator.

Which is to say, not at all.

But I'd bet that ancient aliens probably had something to do with these appointment events. They are probably somehow in relation to the Mayan calendar, the Galactic convergence, and of course the Crystal Skulls...

I fully expect you to put me in my place if and when I'm deserving. :tu:

There comes a point when your continued requests for proof - to debunk ancient aliens - becomes unreasonable.

For all intents and purposes, you can be certain that alien entities have not travelled, under their own power and will, to visit us.

actually, that "sail off the world" business was a fabrication iirc by an American post-revolutonary war, everyonee knew the world was round they had Erosthenses' proof of it courtesy of the Muslims after all. It was finding anouther route to India they all scoffed at - rightly so as you'd hit Vietnam and Korea before you hit India if not missing it altogether and hitting Africa going the route Columbo proposed.

I don't know if I can be bothered to watch the OP video (it's very long)...but when I saw it was by Chris White I remembered that I had read about him

somewhere and that he was some kind of evangelical christian. Evidence is evidence and it is the interpretation of

evidence that varies. According to motive...?

Well Chris White is a very busy bee :)......debunking this that and the other...lol....and running his ministries...

this is his YouTube channel...

http://www.youtube.c...wwheretorun1984

the OP video is part of the Chris White Ministries....

http://chriswhitemin...com/?page_id=27

What we believe

1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

2. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible Word of God and inerrant in the original languages.

3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory.

4. We believe that the lost and sinful (all people) must be saved, and that the only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.

6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved, that they who are saved unto the resurrection of life and that are unsaved unto the resurrection of Judgment.

7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.

We hold to the continuance today of the diversities of spiritual gifts as found in 1 Corinthians 12. Simplicity in church government rather than a complex bureaucracy. A dependence upon the Holy Spirit to lead, rather than fleshly promotion. The pre-millenial return of Christ for His waiting church. The teaching of the Word of God in such a way that it can be applied to life as beneficial towards a growing spiritual maturity.

mmmmmmmmm :unsure:

• Like 1

I don't know if I can be bothered to watch the OP video (it's very long)...but when I saw it was by Chris White I remembered that I had read about him

somewhere and that he was some kind of evangelical christian. Evidence is evidence and it is the interpretation of

evidence that varies. According to motive...?

Well Chris White is a very busy bee :)......debunking this that and the other...lol....and running his ministries...

this is his YouTube channel...

the OP video is part of the Chris White Ministries....

mmmmmmmmm :unsure:

Interesting.

Obviously his motivation for debunking Ancient Aliens.

• Like 1

Interesting.

Obviously his motivation for debunking Ancient Aliens.

that's what I'm thinking.....

and surely one man can't be doing all this on his own...he must have a whole team working (full time?) on it all...

http://chriswhitemin...com/?page_id=65

]2011 Update:[/b]

* As of Dec 2011 Chris’ evangelism and discipleship videos have been viewed an estimated 7 million times on the internet, as a result CWM has seen many people come to know Christ and begin to be discipled

* Chris White’s radio shows and podcasts are reaching hundreds of thousands of people in more than 107 countries with bible studies and evangelism.

* The free distribution of discipleship material has increased dramatically in 2011, mailing material to more than 50 countries around the world.

* In 2011 Chris launched a new local television show that answers difficult questions about the bible.

* Chris is also the overseer of an internet radio station devoted to evangelism.

* In 2011 Chris spoke at several conferences and churches.

and on top of all this there are all the debunking videos....

And on a side note, who the hell appointed that crazy Sesh chap to moderator status?!?! Egads, the world is going to Hell in a hand basket!

HEY!

That's MISTER Sesh to you, pal!

Get it right, or he'll moderate you right out of existence with his new superpowers!

Harte

• Like 1

I can't believe the negativity and complete close mindedness of many of the posters replying in this topic. :no: I was going to watch the video posted supposedly debunking ancient aliens, but when I saw how long it was AND that it was probably funded and produced by a religious group, I said forget it.

May I ask how many of the posters in this topic believe in god and if you do, please let me know. If you have posted here criticizing the theories about ancient aliens and you're a believer in god, then you are putting your faith in something that has no definitive proof of existing as well.

• Like 1

I've been looking further into the debunking "facts" presented in the video....some of them anyway.

Some of what is stated in a factual manner, are theories still unproven.

Edited by synchronomy

I can't believe the negativity and complete close mindedness of many of the posters replying in this topic. :no: I was going to watch the video posted supposedly debunking ancient aliens, but when I saw how long it was AND that it was probably funded and produced by a religious group, I said forget it.

May I ask how many of the posters in this topic believe in god and if you do, please let me know. If you have posted here criticizing the theories about ancient aliens and you're a believer in god, then you are putting your faith in something that has no definitive proof of existing as well.

Closed mindedness, would be blindly accepting the theories put forth by AA or by the Egyptian archeologists. Openmindedness, is asking questions. That's what we are doing

Just watch the segment on "The Pyramids". I think it's only about 15 mins.

It was only posted this morning that Chris White ran a religious group. I replied that it may be his motivation for debunking the AA series, because it promotes the idea of alien visitation. It doesn't mean that what he says must be true, nor is it an indication that what he is saying is false.

The video is still interesting, but the facts are presented in a "don't ask questions, just believe this" manner, which has prompted me to spend time doing my own research.

Whether or not members believe in God, has absolutely nothing to do with debunking AA or whether or not ET species exist and may have influenced ancient architecture.

Edited by synchronomy