Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Patients starve, die of thirst in hospitals

Karlis

The death toll disclosed by Government amid mounting concern over dignity of patients on NHS wards.

The records, from the Office for National Statistics, follow a series of scandals of care of the elderly, with doctors forced to prescribe patients with drinking water or put them on drips to make sure they do not become severely dehydrated.

Read more

• Like 1

There were also thousands of deaths of patients and care home residents who were suffering from septicaemia, which experts say is most often caused by infected wounds.

In total, 21,696 hospital patients and 1,100 care home residents were suffering from the blood poisoning when they died.

In care homes, it was the direct cause of death in 101 cases, and in hospitals, it caused 1,997 deaths.

OMG :cry::o

Imagine what this will be like when we of the "baby boom" get too old to function.....

• Like 1

Modern society has no use for its elderly. Basically, if you're poor/sick/old you're dead. What a wonderful set of moral values we've embraced (<insert sarcasm now>). But, it's ok...we all have smart phones and fun technology to keep our minds occupied. Don't look at the old people behind the curtain...just watch the 'Wizard' and check your facebook page.

• Like 6

Yes, along this line of thinking -- it's a blessing for old people who live in communities of extended, interactive families. Somehow I think that to a great extent the Western World has departed from that style of life.

• Like 2

Imagine what this will be like when we of the "baby boom" get too old to function.....

:yes:

search; rense & marti oakley, guardianship nightmare mp3 download

search; 'the bodysnatchers of new york' documentary

RIP bro :)

The death toll disclosed by Government amid mounting concern over dignity of patients on NHS wards.

The records, from the Office for National Statistics, follow a series of scandals of care of the elderly, with doctors forced to prescribe patients with drinking water or put them on drips to make sure they do not become severely dehydrated.

Read more

This is nothing new its always been the case.

Nurses do not have enough time to make sure everyone is getting watered. Its left to their visitors.

• Like 1

This is nothing new its always been the case.

Nurses do not have enough time to make sure everyone is getting watered. Its left to their visitors.

Mr Right Wing, I sincerely hope that you are mistaken in that. If you *are* correct, our Health Providers for our elderly patients have a big problem to resolve.

I'd call it it a sign of the times,and confounded by the fact that in my experience the young Generations coming through now are selfish,self centered and do not give a hoot or show respect for their Elders.

The retirement community that I work at must provide fresh ice water to it's skilled nursing residents every shift and it must be kept within reach. Wounds are treated daily and the Infection control nurse's team inspects them weekly. Our facility has one of the highest performance ratings in the state. I'm happy to be working where I am now. I've seen much, much worse. Some of the nursing homes I've been in can be called nothing less than filthy. At least I can walk down the hallways and not smell human waste. That's one of the first signs that it's time to leave, at least to me.

Mr Right Wing, I sincerely hope that you are mistaken in that. If you *are* correct, our Health Providers for our elderly patients have a big problem to resolve.

Nah, I've seen it first hand.

Its the elderly and disabled with no visiters who fall the victim of dehydration in hospital.

Nah, I've seen it first hand.

Its the elderly and disabled with no visiters who fall the victim of dehydration in hospital.

yep i have seen it to my mother is very elderly and has spent a lot of time in hospital and when visiting i have helped out other elderly patients .

the only people who seemed to care where the team assistents (the none qualified nursing staff) the nurses themselves always seemed to be on the computer or the phone while the assistents mentioned before did all the work.

i still say making nursing a graduate job instead of a vocation was a mistake and now they have done it to paramedics as well .