Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Extremely haunted house?

Frankjevangelista

Hi you guys! I'm new here, and im not so sure how to work this thing, but I'll try my best :) so back in the mid 2000s, in my teenage years, I lived in an old house (previously commercial structure) that was built in 1920, and my family inhabited that house for about 3-4 years. Whilst living there, some of the most crazy things happened there. When we first moved in, my sister and I's room's lights would flicker on and off, we disregarded it because our mother said it was probably just an electric circuit or something. Soon, we realized it was not only the lighting that was wrong in the house..

A few months later, my two aunts would have crazy occurrences happen inside the house. In the central bedroom (it had no windows), my aunt would complain there would be smashing noises inside the closet, as if someone was trying to get out. Coming from a family that does not believe much in ghosts, we disregarded our aunts statements. Over the course of the next year, the water faucets would turn on and off, kitchen rattling noises, and more electric circuit problems would occur. Nothing to frightening, we were able to cope with it.

Sometime in Christmas time (forgot exactly what year), my aunt's husband drank to such an amount that he would have to stay and sleep in the living room (my aunt would refuse to let him sleep in the central bedroom with her since he was way to drunk and smelled really bad). In the living room, the next day, he spoke of a very attractive lady in her 20s walking inside the house and walking towards the main hall and disappearing into the darkness (there was attractive lady in her 20s living with us!) Once again, the family disregarded the issue.

But it wasn't until the last year when things started to get very scary. One day, about 4 members of our family were sitting in the dining room table, out of nowhere, a horse galluped right through the dining room, as if a horse was racing down right through the center of the house. the problem was, there was no horse nearby, outside, and everyone was very frightened. It would have been impossible for there to be a horse galluping inside our house!! And, no it could have not been outside, the noise would have never reached the dining room.

Also, one night, both my aunt and I's doors opened when they were locked from the inside! it was about 2 in the morning, and they both opened on there own, very frightening experience.

In addition, one of th emost frightening events ever to happen in my life was on a weekend night when my mom left to a party and left my sister, cousin, my cousin's two kids, and I alone in the home. We were in the dining room using our laptops, and my sister was going to sleep in my bedroom, on the carpet, next to my bed. Every time my mom would go out, she would just throw all the sheets in front of the door, and leave. My sister would have to fix her own little bed next to mine. Well, that night, my mom left, and at about 10pm, we went into my room, to find the sheets well done an perfectly mannered, as if my mom would have spent 10 minutes making it look perfect for my sister to sleep on! We were both shocked my mom would fix my sisters sheets so we called our cousin to show her that our mom actually cared for us LOL. well, thirty minutes later, we hear a very very loud bang inside the closet. we were both frightened, so we did not even check and just closed the closet door. Twenty minutes later, after the chilling experience was near vanishing on our brains, I told my sister I was going to go to the kitchen to make myself some cereal, while serving myself cereal, I see a shadow walk towards the main hall heading towards my cousins room. I screamed my sisters name because i believed my sister wanted to play a mean prank on me. Suddenly, i hear my sisters voice come from my bedroom, which is nowhere near the main hall! I was shocked, so i returned to the bedroom, told my sister, and we were both frightened (my sister much more though) So in order for me to calm her fear down and show her we were not being haunted, we decided together, we decided to open the closet door in my bedroom to see what had fallen in order to prove to my sister that something had fallen in the closet and made the really loud noise. We opened the closet, everything was crisp in its location (my mom went do the laundry the previous day) WE WERE IN SHOCK. Next day, our cousin tells us that her and the kids' tv kept changing channels and the remote lights were flickering as if someone was purposedly doing it! Around the same time interval everything happened to us!

TWO months before leaving, my cousin had a horrible experience in the house. She woke up screaming in terror that someone had been hugging her really tight. The story goes that she awoke in the middle of the night to find someone grasping her really really hard, she opened her eyes, to see her two kids in on her left side, but the person hugging her tightly was on her right. Being half asleep, she decided it was nothing, so she woke up and washed her face in her bathroom, came back into bed, a few minutes later, CONSCIOUS, she got tightly gripped again and started screaming as hard as she could! I believe her because for one, No one screams their guts out at three in the morning for no reason!

ONE month before leaving the house, I was left alone with my cousin and her kids, since our rooms are in opposite sides of the house, we screamed each other goodnight at about 10 o clock. I close my door, she closes her, the house was PITCH black, no lights were on, and about 30 feet distance from each other, 10 seconds

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susieice

• Crumar

• Spky777

• K_Bonita

Did you see the horse or just hear it. Either way that would of been wild. I saw the ghost of my cat once but it wasn't scary. Which all the events you described sounded scary and makes me believe the house is haunted. However the way you ended the story I was wondering if there was more to it and it also made me question if you were making the whole thing up.

Welcome to UM.

Is it me or did this just end in mid sentence?

• Like 3

Is it me or did this just end in mid sentence?

yep me too

Hit and run. Sure was.

Frankjevangelista I really don't see what there is to be scared of. I mean did the ghost or entity harm anyone in anyway other then getting a hug while in bed? Noises can't harm you so you should not fear it. A shadow passing by may be scary but if it does nothing physical to you then I wouldn't worry about it. If a knife came flying at me or a heavy object was thrown at me then maybe I would be scared. So long as the entity(s) just make noises and don't harm anyone in anyway you should not be afraid. I guess people fear different things you don't need to be scared of what happend in your old home. If the entity follows you to the new home and you want it to stop tell it to leave with conviction if the haunting still persists you must cleanse the house there are many topics on how to do this on these forums or you can google it to find out how.

I had to re-read that last sentence over again just to make sure it wasn't really over.

I think if everything happend like that I would either leave abandon that place or sell it immediately. There is no point tolerating all that trauma.