Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deja vu

solaries

Most of my life I've had consistent Deja Vu. About one or two incidents per week. In the last couple of weeks, however, I've gotten the Deja Vu more often and it runs to the future. A future that has fulfilled every time. During the same period I've had a lot of problem sleeping (insomnia). For example, shopping with my gf, she was looking for a salesperson to find a shirt in her size (seen on a mannequin) but couldn't find a salesperson. At that point I got Deja Vu and in my vision a short, long-haired, young ethnic-white girl says, "we don't have that in small". As my gf left me to look for a salesperson, I muttered, "they don't have it in small". But I froze there as I was trying to focus on the Deja Vu. Moments later, my gf returned with a salesperson that exactly matched my vision and the sales person said the exact words. My gf looked at me and said, "how did you know?"

Another example was with my cat. As I left my house to put garbage in the trash, I didn't realize my gf had let the cat out. Locked in the garden area by a gate. Not knowing, I opened the gate and went to put the garbage in the bin, and as I'm doing it, I get the Deja Vu. In my vision I see the cat exit the open gate, turn left sharply and make a run for it along the front of the house. I immediately ran to cut the cat off, not having seen or heard the cat at that point, and intercepted the cat exactly. As I turned and ran I saw the cat do exactly what my vision had her do.

I've had a few others and it's quite creepy. I wish the events where about things more meaningful (except for the cat - I love that cat). I also wish they went further into the future than a few moments or a couple of minutes.

Has anyone here had any like this?

Doesn't sound like Deja Vu. More like precognition.

Edit: The younger you are the more you're predisposed to experience Deja Vu. It's just a personal theory of mine that younger people, not having longer term memories, build up an enzyme (or something else) that stimulates memory recall and not exercising the release enough, it just builds up and releases spontaneously, thereby providing a 'false memory' that you've done this before.

But what you describe is different

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Yeah, deja vu is just a vague feeling that something has happened before, as it happens.

Someone on Yahoo Answers posted the following, which is close to what I have heard before and makes the most sense to me about deja vu:

"Apparently when of your ears/eyes/senses is more tired than the other. You're right eye for example (the least tired) would observe something and send the message to your brain slightly faster than the left, tricking your brain and causing the illusion that you've seen it twice/before."

Yeah, deja vu is just a vague feeling that something has happened before, as it happens.

It's exactly like that, but at the very end I start seeing/sensing things that haven't happened yet.