Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the Name of the Most High God?

SpiritWriter

Come on, think about it :)

please help

I put a little thought into it but I have no idea what you mean...

Edited by SpiritWriter

please help

I believe 42 was the answer to the ultimate question in hitchikers guide to the galaxy. Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

please help

I think he meant Bill Clinton, the 42nd prezzy.

i refer to it as god, but seeing as it is not a human being (or rather because it is not a mortal being)i don't see any need for it to have a peronalized 'name'.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

I believe 42 was the answer to the ultimate question in hitchikers guide to the galaxy.

i think 42 is the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything, according to douglas adams lol

i think 42 is the answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything, according to douglas adams lol

Douglas Adams must have had a great epiphany for that to make sense, probably comes with loads of text for explanation.

In the middle of the book you would probably say, hmmm, I kind of get what he's talking about, but at the end you would say, thats a bunch of bull. I am just guessing.... First I ever heard of it. But surely it is a divine number. So are these: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 23, 2000, 2012, 2125, 0, infinity (probably more!!)

Douglas Adams must have had a great epiphany for that to make sense, probably comes with loads of text for explanation.

In the middle of the book you would probably say, hmmm, I kind of get what he's talking about, but at the end you would say, thats a bunch of bull. I am just guessing.... First I ever heard of it. But surely it is a divine number. So are these: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 23, 2000, 2012, 2125, 0, infinity (probably more!!)

douglas adams is a science fiction writer. he's brilliant at it if you ask me, but they are of course purely fiction, however brilliantly they are written. the idea of 42 being the answer to life the universe and everything is just a concept of his story that took off on it's own.

it's a very interesting series of books The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, among others. i have them all.

• Like 3

More names for God:

The One God

Mighty God

The Almighty

Alpha and Omega

The First and The Last

The Beginning and The End

The Author of Life

The Creator

The Righteous Ruler

The Supreme Being

The Lord of Hosts

The Ancient of Days

in Judaism:

Adonai (master)

Elohim (God)

El (Mighty One)

El Shaddai (Almighty)

Elyon (highest)

YHWH

Kabblah:

Ein Sof (void/infinite/endless) Which is 42 letters long when written in Hebrew - hey maybe Dougy was on to something

of course there is more..... I'll think of some and come back later.

Edited by SpiritWriter

More names for God:

Mighty God

The Almighty

Alpha and Omega

The First and The Last

The Beginning and The End

The Author of Life

The Creator

The Righteous Ruler

The Supreme Being

The Lord of Hosts

The Ancient of Days

Adonai (master)

Elohim (God)

El (Mighty One)

El Shaddai (Almighty)

Elyon (highest)

... the list goes on...

aren't most of these considered to be titles, rather than names?

douglas adams is a science fiction writer. he's brilliant at it if you ask me, but they are of course purely fiction, however brilliantly they are written. the idea of 42 being the answer to life the universe and everything is just a concept of his story that took off on it's own.

it's a very interesting series of books The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, among others. i have them all.

Thanks, now that I know that I will pick up some of his books! Great to know. :) :)

aren't most of these considered to be titles, rather than names?

Thats the point

Thanks, now that I know that I will pick up some of his books! Great to know. :) :)

Thats the point

i hope you enjoy the read - let me know if you do :)

edit to add: his style is out there a bit

and oh i misunderstood - gotcha

Edited by JGirl

المكان والزمان

:blink:

I'd like to click like, but I'm not sure what I'm clicking on.... :blink:

i dont really speak to a god as such i usually send my thoughts out to the higher realms of spirit and hope they are heard ...i suppose that is my god ...our spirit and the unity of everything x

• Like 3

Oh ok.... I never saw that movie.

Read the books don't bother with the Disney movie, it was the worst. I bet poor Douglas Adams spun round in his grave on that one. (Goddess rest his atheist bones.) The BBC did a little series on it that was pretty good.

• Like 1

Read the books don't bother with the Disney movie, it was the worst. I bet poor Douglas Adams spun round in his grave on that one. (Goddess rest his atheist bones.) The BBC did a little series on it that was pretty good.

the series was what introduced me to douglas adams in the first place, and i think a lot of others as well.

he was smiling as his book sales went up i bet!

• Like 1

I always liked the term Great Spirit it doesn't donate to gender or race or stereo type its just the Great Spirit. :yes:

• Like 2

i dont really speak to a god as such i usually send my thoughts out to the higher realms of spirit and hope they are heard ...i suppose that is my god ...our spirit and the unity of everything x

There are many theories and teachings. There are applications that are used to enhance our spirituality that have been already put in place by mystics ahead of us. They have, by their spiritual understanding erected (or carried on by expounding upon) legends, practices, understandings with devices such as: prayer, fasting, meditation, repentance, etc... They have concocted (being creative entities a part of this vast universe), have been given stories, or have recorded witness of accounts, that helps describe how this drama plays out, gives us instruction how to tap into that power (not that we cannot find that out on our own, but it is nice to compare notes).. It is not Gods will to control us, but for us to come to him (her, it, them, etc.) in recognition of that vast and holy power. There we find the power that changes our hearts, for our own spiritual and emotional well being and the power to make us effective in the universe.

Finding these things. Coming up with and understanding concepts of God. It all began with what you have described above. Our blue prints bring us to that place, where we desire after the spirit. That to me is God. :) What name is there for that?

I always liked the term Great Spirit it doesn't donate to gender or race or stereo type its just the Great Spirit. :yes:

me too :)

• Like 1

Why would you apply human attributes to whatever created us? That's a very egotistical, human-centered way of thinking.

Our thinking must be totally different, because what your saying makes no sense to me at all so I don't know how to respond. I will try: We share characteristics with God, we are human, so we look at him from a human perspective...

Edited by SpiritWriter

Our thinking must be totally different, because what your saying makes no sense to me at all so I don't know how to respond. I will try: We share characteristics with God, we are human, so we look at him from a human perspective...

What characteristics?