Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Detroit-Enter at Own Risk

joc

Enter At Your Own Risk: Police Union Says ‘War-Like’ Detroit Is Unsafe For Visitors

Is this really the America that we are going to be dealing with for the rest of our lives? Seriously? I think Detroit should hire Rudy Giuliani.

enter-at-your-own-risk_zpsa4d82bf8.jpg

Edited by joc

Should have let the the auto industry collapse...

I can't blame cops for leaving the force in that town and no we shouldn't of let the auto industry collapse. If I were a company or just a citizen Detroit is the last place I would want to be. That city would be a good place to try out marshal law or maybe send in the National Guard and give them real bullets.

Verrry sad. Flint Michigan actually had the highest violent crime rate, but less murders than Detroit. I know semantics really they are right next door to each other.

2. Detroit, Mich.

> Violent crimes per 1,000: 21.4

> Population: 713,239

> 2011 murders: 344

> Median income: $25,787

> Unemployment rate: 19.9%

1. Flint, Mich.

> Violent crimes per 1,000: 23.4

> Population: 102,357

> 2011 murders: 52

> Median income: $22,672

> Unemployment rate: 18.9%

Read more: The Most Dangerous Cities in America - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/2012/06/11/the-most-dangerous-cities-in-america-2/#ixzz28iQTTsAF

I can't blame cops for leaving the force in that town and no we shouldn't of let the auto industry collapse. If I were a company or just a citizen Detroit is the last place I would want to be. That city would be a good place to try out marshal law or maybe send in the National Guard and give them real bullets.

No, trust me...Repubs and Libertarians say we should have let the auto industry collapse...

So, was Robocop a prophetic movie in some ways?

I would say no, until we get a cyborg cop. But the rest is pretty close. Rampant crime, a massive corporation running the city, giant peace keeping ED-209 robots.

I would say no, until we get a cyborg cop. But the rest is pretty close. Rampant crime, a massive corporation running the city, giant peace keeping ED-209 robots.

And most importantly...no real leaders with any back bone:

We need a new Wyatt Earp

We need:

Rudy Giuliani

Rudy Giuliani

for

Mayor of Detroit

I must be going to the wrong places in Detroit because I've never seen war like conditions when I've been over there.

• Like 1

http://detroitneedsrobocop.com/

It all started way back in February 2011…

Much has been written and said about it, but long story short, 2,718 people (who will be in our RoboBackers section shortly) from all around the city and all around the world contributed $67,436 through Kickstarter to build a statue of RoboCop in Detroit, MI USA. Amazing!

robocop_movie_image.jpg

There is a very large group of dependency class both citizens and illegals. Imagine the day after the checks were to stop..... it could happen and it would be like a literal failed State. And it's just one of many cities that would be in trouble.

I hate to say thi

Clip I bookmarked about a month ago.

I hate to say this but I've seen some equally bad neighborhoods around the US as compared to this video footage. I guess the difference is that the "bad" part of town is less than 1/3 of the entire city. But this seems to be the majority of Detroit?

Edited by little_dreamer

Clip I bookmarked about a month ago.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=LTQFtNLvcl8[/media]

Just Wow! And what caused the death of Detroit? The Unions! What goes around comes back around.....

• Like 1

Just Wow! And what caused the death of Detroit? The Unions! What goes around comes back around.....

Do you have a link where I can read about the affect of unions on the auto industry?

Do you have a link where I can read about the affect of unions on the auto industry?

No, but if you are a Googler, just look up The affect of unions on the auto industry...I mean...it is no secret that GM was brought to its knees by the unions. Paying people for not working...unrealistic for life pensions and life time insurance ...good lord...the list is long and rugged...that is why GM failed and why Obama in effect Nationalized GM and then resold it back to the unions that killed it in the first place. ANd...as the dude says in the video...none of the bail out money went back to Detroit...none of it...

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

No, but if you are a Googler, just look up The affect of unions on the auto industry...I mean...it is no secret that GM was brought to its knees by the unions. Paying people for not working...unrealistic for life pensions and life time insurance ...good lord...the list is long and rugged...that is why GM failed and why Obama in effect Nationalized GM and then resold it back to the unions that killed it in the first place. ANd...as the dude says in the video...none of the bail out money went back to Detroit...none of it...

Alright, I will check it out. I knew about the ridiculous pensions but was not aware of the unions involvement. Unions were needed in the past and were started with good intentions...but these days, many unions do more harm than good...

• Like 4

About the only people the union hasn't put out of business around here is TVA.

• Like 1

About the only people the union hasn't put out of business around here is TVA.

.Yeah, but, doesn't the Government own the TVA?
  • Like 1

.Yeah, but, doesn't the Government own the TVA?

You bet...and after hearing all of the stories, from people that worked for TVA for many years, I can understand exactly why unions are so destructive. The waste in manual labor and materials on the job is unreal!!! Not to mention the benefits they still get.

It wasn't any different on any other union jobs they were on. The only difference is TVA had taxpayer money to throw away.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

Enter At Your Own Risk: Police Union Says ‘War-Like’ Detroit Is Unsafe For Visitors

Is this really the America that we are going to be dealing with for the rest of our lives? Seriously? I think Detroit should hire Rudy Giuliani.

enter-at-your-own-risk_zpsa4d82bf8.jpg

Joc, would you mind telling me where you found that? I would like to send it to a friend of mine who is a former police officer.

Joc, would you mind telling me where you found that? I would like to send it to a friend of mine who is a former police officer.

Click right HERE

Detroit is a maximum level example of a fallen inner-city among other US major cities in the last 40-some years, as no city came as close to near death like Detroit. I mean there are some major cities in the west coast like Oakland, Long Beach, Santa Ana, San Bernardino and Fresno boost similar statistics in levels of crime, poverty, unemployment, welfare rolls and business vacancy rates, then to compare them with Detroit is a "whole different horse of a different color".

Detroit has one of the largest urban black populations in the country and a testiment to the country's troubled history of race relations. For example, the enclave cities of Highland Park and Hamtrack aren't as ruined, though fell victim to surrounding urban decline, and the Northwest and Southwest portions of Detroit where immigrant ethnic groups live (Dearborn's Arab-American community, the Korean/ Asian sections of Novi, Mexicantown/ Greektown in "revitalized" downtown, and the Polish neighborhoods on the east city limits) appear better off than Black majority sections where urban blight, abandoned businesses and blocks of torn-down homes predominate the landscape. And 8 mile road was where one can find trailer parks across from not-as-decrepit Metro Detroit suburbs.

Drug activity is high in Detroit in part of it's proximity to Canada, except El Paso facing Mexico is the nation's biggest port of entry for illegal drug trafficking. And the era of free trade plus outsourcing of factory jobs impacted border cities the most, but Detroit seen the collapse of its' highly dependent auto industry blamed on labor unions, environmental policies and competition with rival automobile companies in Japan or Europe.

It's sad to see Detroit evolved to a "modern-day Atlantis" or a "real life Silent Hill" scenario, because local politics and economic conditions plus white flight and business regulations spells the fall of civilization in a microcosm once was part of America's top 10 largest cities from the 1930s Great Depression to the 2000s Great Recession, and I can say corruption in Detroit is legendary to produce a suicidal pattern of civic maintainence.

• Like 1