Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hospital Photo

RockabyeBillie

Hospitals are fraught with ghosts and bad energies .

Constant activity makes it so its not as noticeable .

I've never seen anything in a hospital,and I worked in quite a few,but one had empty floors,like this,and I would snoop ,because its fun,and the feeling on those floors,was creepy.

A friends mom,is very psychic ,and she sees stuff all the time.

She *hates* being admitted when she's ill,because things crawl out of the vents at her and stuff.

She always see things when she's admitted.

Looks a bit like one of those set ups you can do with angled glass to get a reflection.

I dunno. I recognize the hospital and I can't imagine anyone there taking the time and energy to drag around mirrors and glass just to get a misty shot of somene's face.

The photo was taken with a mobile phone, which as far as I know would not have a flash like a camera would, (correct me if I am wrong on that), therefore to get the correct exposure for an indoor photo it would have to use a fairly long exposure time. If this is the case as it would be with a normal camera, anyone stood in the frame and then moves out of it during the exposure time will leave a ghost image like the one in the photo. On a camera the person is captured because the flash freezes movement.I have a ghost photo which I took by using slow shutter speed and asking the subject to walk out of frame during the shot.

Can't explain the "fog" which was aparently seen,so we'll just have to take their word for it.

The photo was taken with a mobile phone, which as far as I know would not have a flash like a camera would, (correct me if I am wrong on that), therefore to get the correct exposure for an indoor photo it would have to use a fairly long exposure time. If this is the case as it would be with a normal camera, anyone stood in the frame and then moves out of it during the exposure time will leave a ghost image like the one in the photo. On a camera the person is captured because the flash freezes movement.I have a ghost photo which I took by using slow shutter speed and asking the subject to walk out of frame during the shot.

Can't explain the "fog" which was aparently seen,so we'll just have to take their word for it.

Makes sense, but according to my mom, no one was there on the floor with her.

A flash was definitely not used, but this picture did not use a "fairly long exposure time", as that would require a tripod, otherwise the shot would be blurry. This picture is sharp so I would say that the exposure time was fairly short.

If it was a long exposure (I say it isn't), and someone moved out during the exposure time, then why is the face all that is seen? And why is the face fairly sharp?

I have also done shots like you describe here but this isn't one of them.........there are lots of tricks that could have been used to make this photo, but if we believe RockabyeBillie and her mother that this is not a trick or deceptive photo, then we just have an unexplained face or something that resembles one...

• Like 3

Looks like a young woman and I reckon it's a great ghost photo.....at last a really good one! Let's face it if there's going to be ghosts, they're going to be in hospitals.

• Like 1

This may not be the popular answer but it really does look like one of the fake ghost that we have seen inserted into many many photos lately.

Of course I could be wrong as my team has investigated 3 hospitals now-Waverly Hills,Old Scottsville Hospital in Scottsville Ky and The Old South Pittsburgh Hospital in Tn.We have found evidence to call all 3 haunted.

My guess is an middle aged woman who could possibly been in a wheel chair? If you look at the height of the person in the original image, they're either really short or possibly in a wheelchair.

After examining the picture I have noticed a few oddities about it.

1.Looking at the photo i noticed a level of noise (reference http://www.photoxels.com/tutorial_noise.html ), Looking around the accused ghost has noise levels, yet the ghostly lady herself lacks any noise. This is the result of layering an image on top and not photo shopping the noise level on the newly added image.

2. If you Zoom up close to the ghost, you will noticed the edges of the ghost has been photoshop blurred (IE the open door way in the background is not as sharp and even not straight.

3. That is not fog, that is acutally buffed floors with light reflections.

Is it a ghost?

No, Unless you really really want to believe it is.

• Like 2

1.Looking at the photo i noticed a level of noise (reference http://www.photoxels...rial_noise.html ), Looking around the accused ghost has noise levels, yet the ghostly lady herself lacks any noise. This is the result of layering an image on top and not photo shopping the noise level on the newly added image.

2. If you Zoom up close to the ghost, you will noticed the edges of the ghost has been photoshop blurred (IE the open door way in the background is not as sharp and even not straight.

Is it a ghost?

I just zoomed in on the face in Photoshop and I do not see what you mean. There is no difference in the pixellation between the face and the walls. There is also no noticeable blur on the edge and the doorway is straight. What you might think as a slight curve or edge is the refraction of light off the shiny floors.

Seems like "seeing what you want to see" works both ways.

My mother doesn't know how to use Photoshop, btw. So unless she knows an old nurse who knows Photoshop (which I highly doubt), I'm not going to jump to that conclusion. Is it a ghost? I have no idea. But I know my mother has no Photoshop skills.

• Like 1

1.Looking at the photo i noticed a level of noise (reference http://www.photoxels...rial_noise.html ), Looking around the accused ghost has noise levels, yet the ghostly lady herself lacks any noise. This is the result of layering an image on top and not photo shopping the noise level on the newly added image.

Is it a ghost?

I've zoomed in on this with Photoshop at various levels including the max and I don't see what you're talking about.

Can you expand on your theory and maybe point them out with the actual picture? I'm not convinced with what you've posted. What are your qualifications?

I'm not saying it is a ghost, but I can't say that this has definitely been Photoshopped either.

• Like 2

So you're saying that Billie and her mom lied.

Well, I wasn't there and i do not know these people either. We have thousands of people come to UM and tell stories and add a picture. To answer the question where you were asking me if I calling them liars, My answer is the picture says it all.

My problem is with the photo, When I checked the exif data, it's not giving any information like the date, camera was used, format etc). That just builds up to my impression that it is tampered.

As for the noise in the photo, If you look at the white face of the ghost and then look around the ghost the pixels are different, as i said in my previous post, there isn't noise on the face that would match with the camera, that because the image was pasted on top transparent and then blurred.

This can be replicated.

• Like 2

I will edit the picture and add another face and put it near to show what I am refering to.

To answer the question where you were asking me if I calling them liars, My answer is the picture says it all.

Then perhaps you should carry yourself to another topic. I'm many things, but I am NOT a liar.

However I do have a degree in graphic arts, so I can see the things you're saying are total bunk. Reading a few articles online doesn't make you an expert on the subject. For example, you say she has no noise on her face. Her face is transparent, therefore any noise in the photo is going to show through, even if it WAS Photoshopped.

• Like 2

I will edit the picture and add another face and put it near to show what I am refering to.

You know what, I'm going to be open to it. If you can prove that someone Photoshopped it, then so be it.

I zoomed in on Photoshop too and I can't see what the issue is either....and I used to do photo manipulation when I was a commercial photographer.

There's always at least one Billie ;)

Edited by Bling
  • Like 1

I zoomed in on Photoshop too and I can't see what the issue is either....and I used to do photo manipulation when I was a commercial photographer.

There's always at least one Billie ;)

It's all good. I don't have an explanation, so if he can prove it was Photoshopped, then that's fine. Only thing is the woman who sent it to her is an older nurse and I HIGHLY doubt she has any photomanipulation skills.

Just as an outsider to this conversation, and to play the devil's advocate...

The pic is cool, no doubt.

But, since it wasn't your mother that took the photo, but yet another person, you can see how the likelihood of tampering or joke playing could happen.

• Like 2

Just as an outsider to this conversation, and to play the devil's advocate...

The pic is cool, no doubt.

But, since it wasn't your mother that took the photo, but yet another person, you can see how the likelihood of tampering or joke playing could happen.

Yes I know it's possible. That's why I said if he can prove it's been Photoshopped, I'll go with it.

You say the person who took the photo is unlikely to have Photoshop skills, but perhaps a friend or relative of hers has.

• Like 1

When I first saw this I immediately thought 'ghost app'. It just looks too obvious with the ghost right in the centre of the frame.

So I did a quick google search for Android Ghost App (even though this looks to be on an iPhone).

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our ghost... top righthand corner.

post-40143-0-56009900-1349818577_thumb.j

Edited by *Frank*
  • Like 7

When I first saw this I immediately thought 'ghost app'. It just looks too obvious with the ghost right in the centre of the frame.

So I did a quick google search for Android Ghost App (even though this looks to be on an iPhone).

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our ghost... top righthand corner.

Bingo