Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Romney pulls ahead in Polls.

supervike

His performance in the debate was good but I don't think his performance as president, if he wins, would be as good. There might not be any rehearsal time before having to speak or make a decision.

How well did he run Bain Capital?

I know it's terrible to think, but a CEO is probably the sort of role that does give you an understanding if what it means to be President, he has shareholders, he has a board, rival companies, stocks to take into account...

• Like 2

A 12 point swing in a month without some major scandal as backdrop is almost unbelievable. I am praying that when people close the curtain and stand in front of the ballot in a few weeks they will think about the last four years seriously.

• Like 2

It pays to be an agressive liar I guess, as opposed to a passive one. Will US citizens ever wake up and see that they're pawns in a huge game of Divide and Conquer? Sadly, I think not.

• Like 3

His performance in the debate was good but I don't think his performance as president, if he wins, would be as good. There might not be any rehearsal time before having to speak or make a decision.

Hmm, well we have a fairly well proven theory that if you do poorly in a debate, after a week of rehearsal time, you perform poorly as president so based on that theory couldn't we postulate that if you do well in a debate, after a week of rehearsal time, you may do well as president?

GAAAAHH!! obama is being so stupid. he should lie and talk bull just like romney then he would win

But he did do that when he said his policies were beginning to work and if he had 4 more years he'd have us back on track, yet he did poorly in the debate so guess yoru theory doesn't hold up.

• Like 2

Here is the latest tactic Obama is using;

The polling media have been using the 2008 model before the debates...Obama up 10%. Obama plays the "rope-a-dope" in the first debate and the polls switch to the 2010 election model and bang, Romney up by 5%

Obama is now the long shot, the dark horse, the new comeback kid. Watch for more "rope-a-dope" from Obama in the second debate and an all out brawl in the third and last debate.

Up until now, the liberals have believed the election was already locked. lolol

Edited by Pyridium
  • Like 1

You guys just don't get it, the elections are not decided by popular vote, they are decided by 17% of the electorate in 5 swing states. Romney can win 60% of the votes, if he does not win those swing states he has lost.

• Like 3

How well did he run Bain Capital?

I know it's terrible to think, but a CEO is probably the sort of role that does give you an understanding if what it means to be President, he has shareholders, he has a board, rival companies, stocks to take into account...

The problem with corporate leaders and CEO's is they only rationalize from one point of view. I know there are literally millions of people that think a corporate leader will make a good Pres...I disagree. Let's be honest here...it is scientifically proven that the vast majority of successful corporate leaders are actually psychopaths. This is not casting hate...it's just a fact. This would become apparent and most painful in non hostile situations. Life and it's problems are rarely ever black and white...it's a gigantic multi-shade of grey.

Everyone seems to think if we fix the economy...everything will be fine. That is not true. I have heard people say they are willing to sacrifice their freedoms to turn the economy around...REALLY?! Are you serious! Did you ever stop to think that is exactly why they are letting the thing flop and flounder?

Romney is a puppet...and an obvious one. He does not know how to act or what to say unless his handlers have "prepared him". What is he going to do in a private meeting with the King of Jordan or another foreign leader/dignitary? He's not going to always have a script to follow and based on the number of times he has stuffed his foot in his mouth on domestic issues...I'd say he has a pretty crappy record. Not the type of record I feel we can "turn loose" on the civilized world.

Both of these losers make me nauseous. We have the perfect example of the "South Park" episode where they were supposed to pick a new school mascot...and they ended up with having to choose between a "turd sandwich" or a "giant douche". hmm...sound familiar?

I am still voting for the gentleman that I think will do the best for the country, our freedoms, our way of life. I flat refuse to ever again "vote for the lesser of two evils"...

I sincerely wish and pray more people would snap out of it and realize continuing the "two party paradigm" is going to eventually destroy this country and all of our freedoms.

mx503d1d0a.jpg

rv5061f1ef.jpg

ls5061f173.jpg

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 1

You guys just don't get it, the elections are not decided by popular vote, they are decided by 17% of the electorate in 5 swing states. Romney can win 60% of the votes, if he does not win those swing states he has lost.

Weren't you the guy clamoring for the end of the electoral college?

Weren't you the guy clamoring for the end of the electoral college?

That would end this anti democratic practice that the winner of the popular vote could not be elected, yes.

Why would you think that my comment above is to support it? Or is it that you rather understand what you want to understand?

• Like 1

"The polls mean nothing, they're not acurate, they're bias, and...what? We're ahead in the polls? WOOT! Election locked in!"

:P

• Like 3

That would end this anti democratic practice that the winner of the popular vote could not be elected, yes.

Why would you think that my comment above is to support it? Or is it that you rather understand what you want to understand?

Has anyone ever noticed that the only people clamoring for an end to the electoral college are liberals? There is a reason for that. The Electoral college is a necessity because it prevents the major poulation centers, Californioa and NY, from picking the President every 4 years. The electoral college allows each state to have a say who fills the executive. Questionmark wants a popular vote decision becasue he wants the liberal states to decide who is president and to hell with flyover country.

You said, gleefully as I took it, that Romeny could win 60% of the vote and still lose if he doesn't win those swing states. That is a testament to the power of the electoral college and knowing you are a devout liberal I assumed, rightfully it turns out, that you were against the electoral college.

Folks, always remember that liberalism is a form of tyranny. They try and limit speech through political correctness, they own the media and broadcst their propaganda from it 24/7 and they run the education system in which they indoctrinate your children in the liberal theology. They want to governevery aspect of your life which is why they are making a play to take over health care. Doing away with the electoral college would be one more step towards liberal totalitarianism.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Has anyione ever noticed that the only people clamoring for an end to the electoral college are liberals? There is a reason for that. The Electoral college is a necessity because it prevents the major poulation centers, Californioa and NY, from picking the The electoral college allows each state to have a say who fills teh executive. Questionmark wants a popular vote decision becasue he wants the liberal states to decide who is president and to hell with flyover country.

You said, gleefully as I took it, that Romeny could win 60% of the vote and still lose if he doesn't win those swing states. That is a testament to the power of the electoral college and knowing you are a devout liberal I assumed, rightfully it turns out, that you were against the electoral college.

Folks, always remember that liberalism is a form of tyranny. They try and limit speech through political correctness, they own the media and broadcst their propaganda from it 24/7 and they run the education system in which they indoctrinate your children in the liberal theology. They want to governevery aspect of your life which is why they are making a play to take over health care. Doing away with the electoral college would be one more step towards liberal totalitarianism.

Right, now pull your tinfoil hat straight.

"The polls mean nothing, they're not acurate, they're bias, and...what? We're ahead in the polls? WOOT! Election locked in!"

:P

Yeah, where are th pole bashers now?

Has anyone ever noticed that the only people clamoring for an end to the electoral college are liberals? There is a reason for that. The Electoral college is a necessity because it prevents the major poulation centers, Californioa and NY, from picking the President every 4 years. The electoral college allows each state to have a say who fills the executive. Questionmark wants a popular vote decision becasue he wants the liberal states to decide who is president and to hell with flyover country.

So let me get this straight...you don't want a democracy?

Right, now pull your tinfoil hat straight.

What tinfoil hat? I don't think the "liberals" even make a secret of the fact they know how to run your life better than you do. Don't make me google stuff for you!

• Like 3

I thought it was hilarious that the POTUS did so poorly that even Bill Maher, who had donated a million to his campaign, said that he must have spent it on cocaine! :w00t:

What tinfoil hat? I don't think the "liberals" even make a secret of the fact they know how to run your life better than you do. Don't make me google stuff for you!

You think everyone knows how to run their own life? Why do we have schools? Why do we have prisons? Everyone just knows what they are doing...

Yeah, where are th pole bashers now?

So let me get this straight...you don't want a democracy?

Absolutely not! It's just mob rule. A representative republic is our best chance...lame as it is these days.
  • Like 2

You think everyone knows how to run their own life? Why do we have schools? Why do we have prisons? Everyone just knows what they are doing...

There are exceptions, of course, but how would you like it for someone to tell you what kind of car you can drive and what kind of house you can live in just because you are not one of the "elite"?

• Like 2

[/b]Absolutely not! It's just mob rule. A representative republic is our best chance...lame as it is these days.

I wish Repubs agreed with you...because I do...

There are exceptions, of course, but how would you like it for someone to tell you what kind of car you can drive and what kind of house you can live in just because you are not one of the "elite"?

Seriously, the main reason Liberals try to "control your lives" is to protect others. What if someone just wanted to hang black people? Who are we to tell them how to live? If they are telling you how to live, there is a good reason. If there is not, liberals object also. No one is telling you what kind of car to drive and what kind of house to live in.

Seriously, the main reason Liberals try to "control your lives" is to protect others. What if someone just wanted to hang black people? Who are we to tell them how to live? If they are telling you how to live, there is a good reason. If there is not, liberals object also. No one is telling you what kind of car to drive and what kind of house to live in.

True, not yet, but they tell car manufacturers how many miles per gallon their cars HAVE to get, and to list one of many egregious "regulations": Restaurants (where I live anyway) are not allowed for some reason to use fly paper. I guess it's better to have flies swarming around and landing on your food than to have one sticking on that nasty fly paper. And I know from personal experience from working in a landlord's office, if someone asks if the house or apartment they are thinking of renting is in a dangerous section of town, I cannot warn them by law. I can only say it is in an area of "varied ethnicity" or some such b**c**p. I could go on...

eta: They may not be telling me what kind of car to drive (yet) but the EPA has sure made car prices sky rocket. Is the day coming when the average American can't afford to buy a new car? I think more and more people are leasing already anyway.

Edited by Gummug

True, not yet, but they tell car manufacturers how many miles per gallon their cars HAVE to get, and to list one of many egregious "regulations": Restaurants (where I live anyway) are not allowed for some reason to use fly paper. I guess it's better to have flies swarming around and landing on your food than to have one sticking on that nasty fly paper. And I know from personal experience from working in a landlord's office, if someone asks if the house or apartment they are thinking of renting is in a dangerous section of town, I cannot warn them by law. I can only say it is in an area of "varied ethnicity" or some such b**c**p. I could go on...

eta: They may not be telling me what kind of car to drive (yet) but the EPA has sure made car prices sky rocket. Is the day coming when the average American can't afford to buy a new car? I think more and more people are leasing already anyway.

That is totally different than tell you how to live you lives or telling you what care to buy. I guess I will take the Repub route and say, if you want a nicer car, work harder and make more money. Many brands offer afordable cars. My brand of choice, Nissan, offers a couple good options I was considering. The Versa is only about 12,000 new and gets over 30 mpg. The Juke is under 20K and offers AWD while getting over 30 mpgs. If you want a new BMW start a business and make some money.

• Like 1